Grab Me By My Ankles

Kwik Trip 
outfit outside of kwik trip

@Indra Mehta

With headphones in, juggling a bag in one hand and the handlebars of her bike at the same time wasn't her brightest idea. Her legs shakily pressed the pedals forwards while she struggled to keep the steering straight. Her speed dwindled down slower than pedestrian pace and eventually, her skirt got caught in the spokes and the strap of her bag stuck in the handlebars, jerking her steering a hard 90 degrees.

The lack of speed didn't send her flying off the bike but instead took it down with her, entangling her long limbs in the various bars and wires of the bike as she laid underneath it. "Goddamn it," she hissed, yanking an earbud out of her ear to only find it had managed to wrap itself around her neck and around through the handlebars. With hands handcuffed through the wheel spokes, she was beautifully stuck.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Indra had been heading back to Ravenswood from Red Rock when the smell of a familiar bear caught his attention. He slowed his truck down, looking around for the bear, when he finally spotted her- wobbling on her bicycle and then promptly falling over. He grimaced at the scene, thinking she either must be hurt, embarrassed, or both. He pulled over and hopped out of the truck and over to the girl, his bear inside having his own interest piqued as he recalled the time in the woods with the little black bear.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked, moving over to the woman to offer her a helping hand. It looked like she was really caught up in the spokes and chains of her bicycle- particularly her skirt. He let his hands hang in the air, not wanting to grab a woman's skirt to tug it out of a bike chain without first being welcomed to do so.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wren jumped at the voice popping up out of no where. Well, mostly she just wasn't paying attention and struggling to get her hands out of the spokes. Her eyes danced around looking for the person the voice was attached to, but the scent wafting her way answered it before her eyes could. "Oh! Y-yes, I'm just dandy," she laughed nervously, shrugging her shoulders. "Don't mind me, I'm fine. Just go ahead and continue on your way."

With a final stern tug, she freed her right hand from the spoke and proceeded to push the bike off of her, but the tangled headphones locked it in place. The corner of her lips turned into a frown. "This is how I enjoy riding my bike," she reassured him with a nod, "But if you could, um, untangle the headphones, it would help me a lot." The red-head gave a nervous toothy grin and pointed to the headphones tangled around her neck and the frame of the bike.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The woman was trying her best to use humor to deal with the embarrassing situation and Indra happily laughed along with her. He hadn't thought the whole thing was funny- in fact, from his perspective, it looked like it had been painful. She asked if he could help her with the headphones, and he nodded. "Yeah, of course, let me just get them from around your neck first," he said before touching the thin wire around her neck.

He worked gently, his finger tips lightly brushing the sides of her neck as he worked the random knot that had formed when she fell. He was all too aware that he was very close to her, and given that she was pretty and was a bear herself, it was a bit of an awkward situation; particularly when his own bear was attempting to get attention from the other.

With the headphones off of her neck, Indra moved away some so that he could get the headphone cord unwrapped from the bike itself. Since it now wasn't attached to a pretty girl, he was able to make faster work of it, and within moments, he had the entire headphone wire free and was wrapping it up to hand it back to the woman.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ugh. Why did he have to be another bear?As he grabbed the headphones from her neck with hands brushing up against, it made her bear want to come out. The red head cleared her throat once they were removed from around her neck, finally being able to freely move her head around. She shifted her weight underneath the bike as he went to work with the other end of the wires.

"Sorry to inconvenience you," she mumbled quietly as she suppressed her bear back from the excitement of a familiar scent. Now was not the time to come out for a meet and greet, so instead she reached out metaphysically, stepping forward and giving a loud huff. "You seem familiar," Wren spoke up, "Have we met before?" She retrieved her headphones and pushed the bike up off of her. Once it was off, she carefully stood assess any damage. A bloody knee and elbow, but nothing major, just enough to be a bother. A couple good tugs freed her skirt, but it didn't go unharmed. Grease marks stained the delicate fabric.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"It's never an inconvenience to help someone," he said gently, fully believing in that line. He did what he could to help her with her bike, and even had offered his hand to help her to her feet. As she stood, he bent over to pick up the bike and put the kickstand down so that she could be ready to get back on whenever she wanted.

As her bear reached out and huffed, his own bear sniffed in her bear's direction, remembering her from months back. "We have actually, in a way," he said with a somewhat awkward smile as he scratched the back of his neck. "We were just big and furry and I was interested in running and playing in a creek." He sighed. Beardra was such a cub at times.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wren tried to rub the grease from the hem of her skirt, but with no avail she looked up and gave a smile at his comment. "Ah, it's slowly coming back to me," she nodded her head once in confirmation. She mumbled a thanks as he helped with her bike, kicking the stand down. How nice. Her smile grew more genuine. Her bear plopped down on her bum and waved her large paws at her bear friend. Wow. Friend? Already? Yup, okay.

"Oh! I'm Wren, by the way," she exclaimed, extending a hand but retracting it to make sure it was clean from dirt before re-outstretching it. "You must be on your own right? I'm sorry, I mean, you're not part of Levka's sleuth. If you're looking to join one, I can probably help with that." Suddenly, she was eager. Eager to help a fellow bear. Her pride started to elevate.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Indra smiled as she did, taken in by the memory of it. When she introduced herself, Indra enthusiastically took her hand, shook it, and then quickly bent down to press his lips to her hand. "Nice to officially meet you, Wren. I'm Indra." He didn't seem to run into too many bears outside of his own fam, but he liked it when he did.

His smile faltered a little when she mentioned the Cobalt Ridge Sleuth. She was being so kind about everything that he hated to turn this into anything other than a recruitment task. "Oh, uhm, actually-" he started, voice a little quieter as he scratched absently at his arm. "I'm in a sleuth. It's Cliff's. In Red Rock. We just formed." He gave her a smile, hopeful that she wasn't about to go all >:( rival sleuth! on him.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Her eyes shot open as she stood there frozen while he grabbed her hand and kissed it. Um, what. Her cheeks immediately flushed red as she snatched her hand away and hid it behind her back. Wren stumbled over her words to get out the right ones and put them together in the correct order, "Indra!" she shouted nervously, "it's um, nice to meet you!"

Biting her tongue down to prevent words from spilling out, she brushed her awkwardness aside as well as burning feeling on the back of her hand where the kiss still lingered. Once he finished explaining that he was actually part of another sleuth, she pressed her eyebrows together in worry. "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't know," she soothed, "That's great then, I'm glad to hear it!" The corners of her lips turned up into a warm smile.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Indra grinned at the reaction she had to him kissing her hand, but otherwise said nothing. "It's really nice to meet you too," he said gently, putting his own hands behind his back and swaying back and forth on the his feet lightly. He waited to hear how she would react to him already being in a sleuth, and it seemed like she was maybe unsure about it.

"It's no problem," he said with a smile. He looked her over a bit- the grease stained skirt and maybe a few skinned up knees and hands that would, no doubt, be healed likely within an hour- "Do you need a ride anywhere? It seems like your bike was maybe not being very cooperative." He gestured back to his truck, to show that there was plenty of room for her inside the cab and her bike inside the bed.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wren cleared her throat and looked down at her bike begrudgingly. Traitor. She had done well on her way into Magic Hallow, but leaving, not so much. The red head sighed as she continued to peer down at her demon bike. She couldn't possible accept his invitation, could she? Her brows furrowed together as she thought it over, ready to deny his offer, "I couldn't..." but a sudden change of heart lead her to, "You know what? That would actually be really helpful." She clasped her hands together happily and slide her bag over her shoulder.

"I'm headed to Bella Vista, if it's not too much trouble. I can repay you! I swear. You name it!" Bella Vista was a decent drive from here for sure. She crossed her fingers hoping he was at least headed in that general direction.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

At first, the girl seemed like she wasn't interested in getting a ride, but then she changed her mind just as fast! Indra smiled at her and started to grab her bike to hoist it into his truck. She mentioned that she was going to Belle Vista, which was the exact opposite way he was heading, but he had his guitar in the back of the cab and figured he could at least do a little busking when he got there to make up for it.

"No trouble at all!" he said, gently putting her bike in the bed of his truck. He then walked over to the passenger side door to yank it open and hold it for the redhead. "It's a bit of a difficult door," he said quietly, knowing that some girls didn't care for the chivalry. "And you don't need to repay me or anything. It's really no trouble."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wren was ready to pick up her bike and put it in the back of his truck, but Indra quickly took care of for her. She hesitated while she watched him nimbly put the bike away. "Oh, um, thank you!" The anxiety in her gut was mad that she didn't apologize for the inconvenience, but Wren swallowed the feeling. She continued watching him as he then went around and opened her door for him. Her lips twitched slightly as she hurried over to keep him from waiting any longer.

"I insist on it," she said, hopping into the passenger seat, "It would mean a lot to me if you would let me pay you back!" Wren wasn't about to let this man off the hook that easy. The red head wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing she took advantage of a stranger for a ride and didn't give him something in return.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh