The Aftermath

Yellow Pages 
She didn’t know if she should reach out or not, now that’s everything had settled down and Riley didn’t look like a raccoon. Her nose was still tender to the touch, and bruises were fading, but she still had a whirlwind of emotions about what went down at the Cage. It seemed like Natasha had her own concerns and Riley wasn’t mad, but she wanted to know if everything was okay. She still get a connection to them. Even if the only thing they shared was their species.

Hey Nat! I’m not sure if you want to hear from me or not but I figured I’d reach out after everything that happened...
Riley

Yeah. That didn’t really say much.

I was hoping you were feeling better and didn’t know if you wanted to talk about it or not.
Riley

She left it open. If Natasha didn’t want to talk then that was fine. She put her in the box with Cliff labeled “do not talk to - not friends” and call it good.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Natasha hadn't expected a message from Riley, but when it came in, her heart stuttered. Biting at her lips, Natasha would debate on whether to reply or just leave it alone. She'd leave it in her inbox for several minutes before finally opening it up, and typing out a quick response.

Feeling as good as I can.
Natasha

About the fight?
Natasha
Or Cliff?
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

About anything.
Riley

She was honestly tired of talking about Cliff. She wanted to move on, but she didn’t know if she could if she kept reaching back into the past. That could mean cutting all ties with Pine Peak. She hoped it didn’t.

I was hoping we could still try and be friends.
Riley

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anything?

Friends?

Natasha wasn't entirely sure about all of that, for while her anger had been appeased, she wasn't just going to easily forgive someone that had brought Cliff down more than once. Still, Cliff didn't want anymore bad beef with Cobalt than they already had, and making amends with Riley would definitely take a loud off of him, right?

Ill be honest. It will probably take me a while to trust you again
Natasha

Was that fanning the fire?

You did just up and leave without telling anyone, and then didn't even try to keep in contact.
Natasha

Except Cliff.
Natasha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fair. She didn’t tell anyone.

I know. It’s something I’m working on. I’m terrible with communication and I’m trying to fix it.
Riley

Couldn’t they see that? She was trying. Cliff had been the only person she talked to, but even then things had felt awkward and forced. Not to say it was his fault, but she hadn’t asked for any of this to happen and now she was just trying to figure her life out.

I’m also terrible with socializing. I could tell you why sometime, but that’s not a very fun story.
Riley

But I am sorry.
Riley

If that was worth anything.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If all she had received were excuses, she would have just stopped all communication right there. There was more than just that though, and along with the excuses was recognition of her faults, along with an apology. There was something to say about that at least.

We can start small.
Natasha

She wouldn't say that what Riley did was okay, because it wasn't, especially if she was going to turn around and ask to be friends,

A coffee or something and see from there
Natasha

She really didn't want them both being the next generation of Levka and Cliff.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Riley chewed on her lip, knowing that she’d have to get off break soon and get back to work.

That’s fine with me, does Saturday work? We can figure out a time and place later?
Riley

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Saturday? Hmmmm.

Yeah, works for me
Natasha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh