Only One I Need

Pegasus 

Lavender Heights, the gayborhood of Cordova, or at least that's what Axel had heard. There certainly had een a great deal of pride flags decorating the streets. A good sign considering what Axel was out here trying to do. Mainly getting a one night stand. A new town meant of course that he needed to find a fuck buddy.

There was of course the possibility of accidently turning and eating the poor soul, so he tried to find a person who wouldn't super be missed. Not that he wanted to eat anyone. Far from it. But going without sex meant an irritated cat. It was just like eating, a basic need that had to be handled.

It would have been easier with another were, less chance of things getting deadly. But he it was hard to find one that was down for that, and even if they were it usually started to creep into relationship territory and he had to jump ship. Humans were only marginally better. But there were more of them. There was of course vampires. But as he couldn't exactly be a blood bag for them there was no real benefit and he was pretty sure the cat would object to a coupling with a dead person. Would that make him a necrophiliac if he did do it with a vamp?

The biggest club in town was a place called Pegasus so that was where Axel took himself in the busy time of midnight. It was only semi crowded, after all it was a mondy night. Still he mingled on the dance floor. Some version of a Arianna Granda song was blasting through the speakers, the beat good enough to vibrate up his legs.

His eyes scanned the crowd looking for the weakest link to go for.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

With his shoddy apartment finally looking a little more homey, Sheridan had decided it was time to check out the night life around Cordova. Back at home, he loved frequenting the various bars and clubs, too. The euphoria of everyone's emotions washed over him. Sweet exhilaration mixed with burning anger and even some bittersweet lust, coupled with the bass that pulsed like a second heartbeat deep within his chest made Sheridan feel right at home.

A shame, though, that no one told him that Pegasus was a gay bar until he got there. That sort of thing wasn't exactly his scene, but hey, he was already here and the music was pretty decent. It was a good enough way to get him to unwind.

He sat near the back of the club, nursing an overpriced beer and occasionally chatting the few friendlies who were curious about Sheridan's own intentions here. He was happy to engage in small talk, but would always politely turn them down if they ended up looking for anything more. No, tonight he was just here people watch, get lost in the lights, enjoy the feelings, and chug a decent helping of alcohol.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Axel's eyes shifted over the crowd making note of the loners. There at the back was a good looking enough man who was sitting alone. A perfect target. The cat gave a rumbling 'raaa' of approval delighted at the idea of tumble in the hay.

He had found that these kind of lone men would not come to him, so with target in sight he determindly strutted across the dance floor. A couple wandering hands were slapped away and he made it to the other side of the club without to much difficulty,

"Hey there handsome. You alone tonight?"

He purred the words out and came to a stop beside the table. Please let him be alone. Give it a few beers some flirting and maybe he could get a decent hotel for the night and a content cat.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The silhouettes twisted and throbbed in the strobe lights of the illuminated dance floor, their movements like quick snapshots of a camera. He pursed his lips. Normally he'd be out there, too, mingling and getting names and phone numbers and the like. But not here. Not by himself, anyway.

Out of the throng of sweaty bodies and waving hands, a young man emerged. And he was making his way right for him. Sheridan mentally steeled himself once again. Apparently hanging out as far away from the heart of the excitement wasn't quite enough to deter the curious and lonely.

Sheridan offered a friendly smile and raised his beer in greeting. "Hey there yourself." Shit, it would probably be easier just to flat out tell him he was waiting on his football player of a boyfriend to come back with some drinks, but he also knew, having had that line used on himself, that didn't always work.... Might as well give it a shot, see if it'd be enough this time. "Nah, just waiting on my bud to get back from the bathroom. He really can't hold his alcohol like he used to. You know how it is. When the college days are over, you go soft and shit without practice!"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The eye candy raised a beer in greating and mentioned some buddy or other in the bathroom. Not a great sign. But he hadn't full out said boyfriend. On the topic of college though Axel could only shrug. He hadn't had the oppurtionity to go to college with the injury and then the change. Hell he was barely even legal to be inside the club, not that it had stopped him in the past.

"Wouldn't know myself. I haven't gone to university. Is he your boyfriend? Your friend."

He nodded his head towards where he assumed the bathrooms would be located. Dissappointment already creeping in. It would suck to try and find another guy for the night, but he would if he had to. No way was he going to come between a couple. Not after Gabriel and Chris, that had been a fucking mess and a half and he did not want to do anything like that to anyone.

He certainly didn't need to become a home wrecker.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

In the chaos of the club, Sheridan still sensed the young man had been let down by his statement, something he was doing to a couple of people tonight, it seemed. He had to admit, the guy had enough balls to come in hot with a greeting like that, which admittedly did win him some points in Sheridan's book.

Sheridan set the bottle down, taking note of how light it felt now. Though he had thought once or twice about it, was he really up for using this guy's feelings just to get another free drink or two...? He'd have to think about that.

Keeping his answer vague while he decided, he tilted his head from side to side. "Eeehh, you're not missing much, not going to uni. And let's just say it's complicated. How about you? Got somebody waiting out there for you on the dance floor?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Complicated. God he fucking knew about complicated. That's all Gabriel had ever been. And it made the eye candy guy in front of him look like a damn bomb ready to go off. He was not in the mood to get tussled by some old jock. But damn the guy was cute, it wouldn't hurt to stick around for some conversation. After all the last cute guy he had meet had been upset by his forward nature. Had he been a bit of a dick to Mathis, well yes, but still at least this guy wasn't making promises he wasn't going to keep.

"Nope. I'm not one much for relationships. Just looking for a fella to keep me warm tonight."

He flashed a smile.

"Tell you what. How about I buy you another beer and we can talk for a little?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Good of a place to find something like that as any," Sheridan agreed, eyes flickering to the mass of people before him once again. Oh, yeah. Definitely some horny people out there.

He turned his eyes back to Axel, seeming to scrutinize the young man for a moment. Hmmm, no, he didn't think he wanted to be a full jerk to the guy. Too much effort. He leaned forward a bit to Axel, his finger tapping on the table. "How about this? You get me another beer, and we can talk and! I can at least be your wingman? How's that sound?" Sure, he might not be interested in hooking up with him, but he'd be more than willing to help a brother out.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

At this point Axel was about as far away from wanting to hook up with the man as possible. Even if he couldn't see a jealous jock coming out of the bathroom, just the idea that the man might have a guy was enough to crush that hope. But drinking and chatting had always been a nice way to pass the time, and hell he had time to kill before he felt confident enough to go out and find another guy.

"Sounds good to me. What you drinking?"

He eyed the cup in the man's hand and absently gave a sniff at the air. It smelled of beer..just beer. The whole place reeked of alcohol so there wasn't much hope on him identifying the brand just by a smell. Axel had no particular preference on what he drank as long as it gave him a buzz, something that was a lot harder to do now that he was a were. Before only a couple cheap beers and wine coolers did the job, but now he had to drink the hard stuff to even hope to get tipsy and then it didn't even last that long. Rather a waste of money.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

First night out in a new city was definitely nerve-racking for Chiron Porter. He made sure to tell his best friend from back home that he was going into Cordova and that if he didn't text her back, to call the police. Although that wouldn't really do anything, it still made him feel good. This was Chiron's sixth week in Colorado and he found himself slowly adjusting to the environment and culture around him. Tonight he decided that he would check out the gay nightlife of the city. He wanted to see what was out there aide from the Tinder right and left swipes that he'd been doing ritually since he got there.

A club named "Pegasus" had good enough reviews for Chiron to check it out. Dressed in a short sleeve black shirt with gray spots on it that matched his gray jeans he slid into the club and made his way to the bar. He doubted that they sold food and so decided that he would get something to eat afterward. Maybe some wings and onion rings.

Heh.

After ordering a tasty raspberry-flavored Smirnoff, the twenty-two-year-old pulled out his phone and started to aimlessly scroll through it.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Indeed, it was just a beer. The cheapest and drabbest of the known piss-waters, but hey, it got the job done. "Just a Coors. Luckily one of the cheaper options," he said with his usual smile before picking himself up from his table and starting to saunter off towards the bar. He spied a gentleman who looked quite reminiscent of Sheridan when he first entered: a little detached and on his cell phone. But unlike Sheridan, this man looked to be dressed for the occasion.

Time to try this out.

He managed to find some space beside this loner of a gentleman for both himself and Axel. He leaned against the bar and patted the space beside him, which was also conveniently beside Chiron as well. It'd be a tight fit, but that could work in their advantage. If Chiron did happen to look up as Sheridan tactically positioned himself, the man would simply smile in greeting.

He asked Axel while they waited for the bartender to be free to serve them, "So, tell me about yourself! What sort of things have ya done in the past? Any cool stories you got to tell?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A coors. The name meant very little to Axel, he knew it was a beer and a cheaper one but that was about it. There was a distant memory of getting piss drunk on the brand before and throwing up on a grave, that tended to happen as he had partied in mausoleums and graveyards in the past. Not that he was a goth or obsessed with death it had just been the best place in town to avoid adults.

He had figured he would just go to the bar himself and grab a drink but the complicated guy stood up and sauntered over. Figuring the bar was a good a place to sit as any he followed. There was another guy next to the stools (What a surprise it was almost like this was a gay bar). Another cutie. Dressed at least in more of a club attire then Axel's current companion. Although there was no leather which was forever a dissapointment. But Axel generally made up for other people's lack of the garment.

The stool available was right next to said man and a little close. It was a bar though so Axel didn't think much of it when he sidled onto the seat, giving the guy on the phone a apologetic smile.

At least the current company was interested in chatter as the Bartender appeared to be busy.

"Well my names Axel, figure we should start there so we don't end up calling each other by hair style or something."

Who knew that high school drama classes would pay off? It did make it easier for him to come up with a story on the spot.

"Im from the west coast myself, oregon to be exact. Can't say there are too many great stories that I have, I mean I have learned how much of a disappointment shower sex is and hitting your boyfriend with a pizza pan by accident. The last one really sucked since I didn't get to eat the pizza."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Chiron's dark brown eyes continued to be glued to his phone until he saw a man walk over to him from the corner of his eye. Of course, he needed up looking to see what he looked liked and returned the smile that was offered to him. He gave his body a casual once over before turning his attention back to his phone. Then again, Chiron looked up to see another. They must've recently met or was on a date by the conversation that the two were having. Once again, he gave a smile and turned back to his phone.

His attention was taken away from his moblile device for a third time to look at the bartender who had slid him his fruity drink. With a thank you paired with a smile, Chiron wrapped his thick lips around the straw and drank.

Perfect.

Chiron was about to take another sip when he heard something soft in his right ear. He knitted his eyebrows and looked but didn't see anything. That was weird. Giving his head a minor shake, he turned back to his phone while also eavesdropping on the pair that was right beside him.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Good, the one guy didn't immediately leave when this so called Axel sat down, though he did keep himself enthralled with his phone.

"I'm Sheridan, then. Nice to meet you, Axel." He kept the introduction short and sweet, his eyes just flickering briefly to the other man beside them. He let Axel go on, and then snickered. "Oh, you gotta tell me that story about the pizza pan. Sounds like a good one! Did you make it up to your boyfriend after that?" He might have been trying to pry some interest from the handsome man on his phone, but admittedly, Sheridan himself was quite curious about how one slaps their significant other with a large metal pizza pan.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Both stories had actually happened so Axel was all to willing to fall into the details of the horrific pizza accident, Especially since he had an interested audience, even if the man on his phone wasn't as captivated as Sheridan.

"Well are you much of a vine person?"

Sheridan had one of those faces that could be twenty or it could be lat forties. It was a cute face, but did little to tell Axel how old the man was.

"There is a vine where a guy accidently smacks his friend with a pan. So me and a group of friends were play enacting it, you know having some laughs drinking and all. And well I happened to be holding the actual pizza we were going to be eating and went to hit the air for their amuzement, but turns out my boyfriend of that time was coming up behind me soo he ended up with a pizza pan smacked across his face and our dinner ended up on the floor."

The pizza had of course been eaten, after all the group had been a bunch of weres. But Axel had not gotten any since the rest of the night was spent trying to soothe his rather sire whose pride had taken a good beating.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Of course, Chiron was going to eavesdrop on their conversation. Aside from being a southern gentleman, he was also nosey as fuck. He cleared his throat and subtly turned his attention to the two men that were talking. He gave them a once over and turned back to his phone though he kept listening. He coulnd't help himself but to snicker at one of them tell the story about hitting his boyfriend with a pizza pan. He remembered that vine.

"That was really funny." Chiron finally spoke up. He locked his phone and looked over to the two. "Sorry, I don't mean to eavesdrop." Chiron's southern accent coated his words like warm honey. The twenty-two-year-old straightened his posture and nodded his head. "I'm Chiron, by the way."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Oh, fuck yeah, I love vines! Rest in peace." He closed his eyes in mock reverence and did a sarcastic sign of the cross in loving memory of the now defunct business. He listened intently, snickering as he recalled the vine in question. It certainly wasn't his favorite, but Axel's version sounded infinitely better. He laughed. "Hey, at least pizza's cheap. And besides, it'd be worth the price of a pizza for a priceless moment like that!"

Perfect, the other gentleman had heard, and was now introducing himself. "Yeah, man, sounds like you and your friends have a good time!" Sheridan agreed with Chiron before introducing himself with a simple, "Sheridan, by the way. It's a pleasure!" Normally he would have yammered on-- probably try to make a comment on the man's weird name only to say he had no room to talk with his girly name-- but right now was not his moment to try and steal some spotlight. He looked to Axel so the man could introduce himself, too.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Axel choked with laughter as Sheridan gave a mock cross for the dead but not forgotten plateform. He had been all for laughing out loud but at the moment the bartender came over to get their order and he consiquently choked on his own giggles. Very classy.

With watering eyes he managed to give an order for another coors and some cocktail for him. Before turning his attention to the chocolate delight that was standing next to the stool. Chiron. He liked the name, reminded him of greek myths. He was pretty sure there was some god or something with that name. Which was cool, names with stories to them were awesome. He would have been so down for being named Styx or Hades. But nope he got landed with Axel, not that it was a bad name, but he was pretty sure his parents had only chosen it because it was towards the front of their baby name book.

"Im Axel."

He nodded his head towards Chiron.

"Yeah we had a few good laughs about that night. Although I got stuck with a pouty boyfriend and no pizza."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"It's nice to meet ya both." He nodded his head to the pair just before turning his attention back to his drink. Chiron took another sip from it and soon started to feel the effects of the alcohol. Unfortunately for the twenty-two-year-old, he was a lightweight. "Poutin' boyfriend's aren't any fun. Where ya'll from?" He doubt a lot of people in the area used the term "ya'll", but hey.

As he waited for the two men to answer, Chiron returned his attention to them. He gave them both another once over and tried his best to be discreet. Again, there was that whisper that caused Chiron to glance around.

What the fuck was that?
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Again, Sheridan was rather brief in his response. "Yeah, I'm sure. I bet it's a rough time, trying to make it up to 'em." He gave Axel a nod of thanks, pleased that there was indeed another beer on his way. And maybe it was going to actually be earned. Seemed like this Chiron fellow was opening up a little more. However, Sheridan did notice how twitchy the man seemed to be. For the time being, though, he didn't comment on it. He didn't seem to be particularly nervous. Maybe confused..? It was hard to really pinpoint it with so many other emotions melting together.

"I'm just from the town over," he jutted a thumb over his shoulder as if it were actually visible just over there. "About forty minutes east. Just moved into Cordova recently." He was curious about where Chiron might have been from, too. Indeed, 'ya'll' wasn't a phrase Sheridan heard often, but he'd wait to see if Axel might be the one to press for further questions first.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Huh, he actually hadn't pegged Sheridan as being from Colorado. The guy looked like he would be more at home in some old town on the east coast in one of those ancient libraries or something. Cute in a bookish kind of way. Chiron on the other hand definetly sounded more like a southern guy, who said yall? But there was something almost sickly sweet about the way that accent slide over words. Axel liked it, like the look of Chiron too. The man was hot, there was no dening that.

"Im from the west coast. Oregon to be exact."

That was the lie he had told Sheridan so he continued in the same vein. He had actually lived in Oregon for a few years so it wasn't like he didn't know anything about the place.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Chiron listened to both of the men answer his previously posed. “Oh, nice! I’ve always wanted to go to Oregon.” Portland to be exact. He heard good things about the city. Maybe he’d make a trip there once he racked up enough money in his savings account. “An’ likewise! I just moved here from North Carolina, like...about a month or so ago?” his accent seemed to get thicker when he said his home state. “Anyway, but yeah, I’m new here, too.” Chiron gave them both a charming smile.

“Right now, I Iive in Crestview.” Chiron nodded his head to the side. “Y’all know of any good food places around here?”

Can you hear me...? A voice whispered. Chiron tried his best to ignore it, hoping that it would just go away.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Dude, yeah, Oregon sounds super nice. " He'd heard it was very full of hipsters and that sort of scene. Sheridan didn't exactly identify with that crowd, but damn it if flannel shirts weren't comfortable and man buns weren't convenient. Not that he'd wear the latter out in public. He had some standards still.

"Afraid I'm pretty useless in terms of food joints around here, outside of a little pizza joint named Checkers. Axel, got any good suggestions of places to go in the area?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The drinks for him and Sheridan came at that moment and he took a moment to sip at the cocktail before answering. It tasted of some fruit and the sourness of vodka. Soo it probably wasn't going to do much in the way of getting him drunk, a good thing or a bad thing, he couldn't decide. He supposed it was a good thing, he tended to get a little to kissy when he was drunk. That or cry. Neither would be a good thing at the moment.

"Actually there is a place in criestview that's pretty good if you like food trucks. It's a park called Food Rally. Got about a dozen different trucks with different menus. I've only tried the taco's myself but they were really good."

He would return the smile Chiron was giving. Wondering what his chances of getting this man into bed would be. He seemed more comfortable so maybe there wasn't a jealous boyfriend around the corner?

"Are gay bars more your scene?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Oooo," Chiron moistened his thick lips and shook his head, "food trucks sound good right now. I dunno 'bout y'all, but food trucks 'nd hole in the wall resturants always serve the best food." Even now he could feel his stomach start to grumble. He could go for some serious food right now. Maybe something fried to remind him of home. That, or after this, Chiron might make a quick trip to a Harris Teeter to pick up some chicken thighs and fry those up.

Aside from food, he caught Axel's eyes again. He had a feeling that the other guy may be into him, but he wasn't sure. Honestly, he just could've been nice. His eyebrow quirked at the question and immediately became bashful, "ah, well, no not really. I'm more of a...sit at home and Tinder or Chappy swipe kind of guy. My therapist said that I should put myself out there more and some other thin's." Like fear of rejection, but they didn't need to hear about that part. "What about you two? Ya'll go to gay bars a lot?" By now, he had finished half of his strawberry daiquiri and the whispers in his ear had quited down. He really needed to get that checked out.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Shit, food trucks are great. Do you know if there's any open this late at night? Might not be a bad idea to grab a bite here soon. You could show off the good trucks, Axel." He quirked a brow at the young man in a subtle signal for him to take the bait and go with it.

He took a quick sip of his beer before shrugging his shoulders. Thank goodness he did, because he'd almost forgotten he'd made up that lie about a "complicated" relationship with a dude in the bathroom. "I'll say this: the music is nice and the crowds are always a riot! I like just about any night life. "
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tinder had never really been something Axel had gotten into. He hadn't really ever needed to look online for a relationship. And what could he say, he liked mixing sex and alcohol so bars were really the best places to go for that kind of thing.

Being a were meant Axel was usually down for any food at any time, and of course fried food sounded just to die for at the moment. There had to be food trucks with good food somewhere nearby. Though he thought Sheridan was putting a little to much faith in his judgement. Honestly Axel would eat cold pizza of the ground.

"I like bars, it's a great place to meet people and of course there is the dancing and drinks. Not mention the excuse to wear leather. As for food, yeah I could go for something fried right now. Man that sounds hella good. But I don't know any good places in the area, I'm still new to the city after all. Although hell Im down for an adventure."

Sex, food, either way it would pacify the cat for the moment and he would get a fun time out of it.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh