We're Hyenas But, Like, Ironically

Kensington Quarter 
@Blaise

So.

Given that the whole get-to-know-you thing from September had turned into a supernatural shitshow, Pete figured some actual quality time was due, here, between her and the new yeen in town. And, you know, where did you take someone to make a good, normal impression? A bar, right? And not some garbage hole in Cedar Creek, either, like a classy place in downtown Cordova. She'd found one where the bartenders all had waxed mustaches and shit, which she found hilarious.

Working hard, still, to not fuck things up, she arrived early, and only when she saw herself in this setting did she realize that a thick flannel shirt, dirty jeans and biker boots made her a complete eyesore. Well, fuck it, you know!

Securing a small table and ordering some esoteric appetizers in advance, she clattered her phone out and set to fidgeting until her new buddy arrived.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There were two things that Blaise absolutely loved in this world. One was alcohol and the second Hyenas, so the invite from Pete had been quickly accepted. There was also the matter of this Beauregard character that she needed to discuss with the other as well. Feeling completely within her element, Blaise made her way into the bar, spotting her companion fidgeting in a seat towards the back. Quickly, she would make her way over, a single hand raised in greeting.

"Hey it's been a while." She'd call with a smile, pulling the seat out and sitting herself across from her friend. "Thanks for inviting me out."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

God, oh shit, Blaise was dressed all professional and classy! Someday when Pete had money to burn again, they should do a shopping trip or something and Blaise could dress her up like a Ken doll with titties. She smiled in genuine enthusiasm, only sad that she hadn't had a chance to stand up for a hug, to give the yeens a chance to greet each other. Becky was out in full force with excited gargle-growls, dying to meet the striped animal at last.

"Yeah, man, no problem! More time together is good, right." Haha why was she in charge of this again. She slouched happily over the table to be a little closer. "I got food on the way, but I don't know what you drink yet, so. Further input is encouraged."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Blaise nodded smile tugging at her lips as she remained completely oblivious to Petes internal struggle, stomach already aching for the appetizer she promised. "I'm usually good with any and all alcohol, although I tend to lean towards anything made with scotch." Sure it was a pretty strong drink, but when you a Were you needed something strong if you ever hoped for any sort of buzz. "You have a favorite drink Pete?" The hyena wiggled in her mind, eager to greet and connect with the other that sat just a foot away.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

All right, off to a good start. Good to see the gal wasn't a social reject like Echo! She pulled a thinking face. "Scotch is good. I like an old fashioned when I wanna feel fancy, you can make that with scotch, right?" With impeccable timing, the server showed up with several small, posh-looking rectangular plates. She had ordered basically everything that seemed to include meat, and the selection ranged from crab mac and cheese to puffy pork belly tacos and a weird pile of steak tartare. Pete ordered an old fashioned for herself, at least, and sent an inquisitive fork after the pile of raw meat, incredulous. "What the fuck is this."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Oh you definitely can." Blaise had drank quite a few Scotch Old Fashions in her years, although she tended to lean more to other drinks instead. The hyena quaked with excitement as the food was brought, urging them to quickly devour it all. Blaise however, was not into swallowing her food whole, and so she would work past the strong desires, ordering herself a Godfather to drink in the time it took for the server laid out the food.

An assortment of delectables that would fill any other pairs belly, but would serve as a suitable snack for these particular two. At Petes question, Blaise would scrunch her brows. "It looks like tartare aller-retour." She answered, poking her own fork into the substance. "I used to eat it all the time back home." If that wasn't what this was, then she had no clue, but it was close enough that she felt comfortable enough to assume she'd like it.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pete lost track of the word after tartare, impressed that Blaise knew it and still...just fascinated by what looked like raw hamburger with a raw egg on top. "Looks like someone quit halfway through makin' burgers." A joke! "Do you eat the yolk whole, or...?" HONESTLY this was kind of fascinating.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This restaurant had gone the extra mile though, they had at least mixed the other ingredients like the mushroom and onions into the meat before placing the raw egg on top. The ones she had eaten back home had required her to do all the work. Chuckling, Blaise nodded, snagging a side piece of the meat in her fork. "So most places will have all the ingredients on the side, and then you mix it all together to eat it." She explained, quickly taking a bite of the tatare before continuing. "So that's already done here, so all you have to do is break the yolk and mush it around into the rest." She'd let Pete do the honors.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ohhh, wild! She smiled crookedly in fascination, and let her fork hove in to pierce the invisible membrane of the yolk. It was viscerally, almost grossly satisfying to watch the yellow goop sag and run out through the meat. "Well, son of a bitch. That's some fancy shit, man, I hope it tastes good." She plopped it around until it was sort of mixed and brought back a modest-sized bite on her fork.

It tasted like...meat! And egg! She wriggled her shoulders thoughtfully as she decided what she thought. "Hmm. I'm into it! You cook a lot?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pete held nothing back as she dove into the pierce the helpless yolk, more than willing to try something new. It was very telling, and Blaise found that she was rather happy that she was within the group of Hyenas she had happened upon. "Raw always equal fancy." She nodded, mind immediately going to caviar and escargot, both very raw and very fancy.

At the question Blaise would snort, shaking her head. "Only the basics, usually grill a lot." Burgers and hot dogs about twice a week. "Unfortunately I didn't gain my french ancestors skill at cooking." She sighed, popping a cheddar bite into her mouth. "What about you?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pete had never been fancy enough to come across a lot of raw food, being more the grocery store sushi type at best. But Blaise wasn't being a snob about it, so. No problem! "Man, I would love a grill. I don't have a deck or yard or anything, so I'm stuck inside." She took another bite of minced steak. "I'm a bad cook but I love eating. Mexican food, barbecue...probly don't think I've ever tried French cuisine. Aside from this baby. How long you been in the country for, by the way? I know you moved up here this fall."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Damn, then you need to come over sometimes. I'll pop some burgers on the grill or something." She only hoped that Blaise wouldn't find her little workshop too shabby or anything, it definitely wasn't your conventional house after all. Blaise would keep picking at the appetizers as Pete spoke, making a mental note to save some of her mothers cooking the next time she came to visit. Nothing but authentic french cuisine for Pete.

" I've been in America for about eighteen years now." Blaise would count on her fingers just to be sure, before nodding her head. "I came here for school, and just never left."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

All of this she liked! Few things cranked Pete's motor like a friendly, funny new person, and so far Blaise was delightful. She picked up a puffy maybe-Vietnamese taco and bit into it with gusto, and oh my god it was so good. Oh my GOD fatty PORK BELLY. "Holy shit, dude, try one of these," she instructed immediately, mouth still full.

Their drinks arrived as she chewed, and she smiled and gave a thumbs-up to the waiter. All very good! When it was safe to do so, she decided to continue the old get-to-know-you dance. "And, when did you get turned? You said you had a group before, right?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Blaise would hesitate not in shoving the appetizer into her mouth, regretting her eagerness when she found a hard time actually chewing it, a hand coming to cover her mouth. Shit this was really good, she gave the food a second look, having never guessed that something so small could pack such amazing flavor. "That's so good." She groaned when she finally had some amount of breathing room, already reaching for another one at the Hyenas demanding.

"Almost ten years now." She answered once the food was down, squishing at the puff in her hands. "I joined the group of my Sire, and was with them for seven years before I left." She didn't really like talking about them though. "What about you? How long have you been living the dream? Did you have a group?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pete nodded along, covertly stuffing the rest of the taco into her mouth and reaching for another. Ten years for her too!

She muscled down the mouthful before answering, though. "Never been in a group, actually. There was one in Crestview when I moved here, but I wasn't interested really at the time. They fell apart before long, anyway, but Echo was part of it." She paused to take a drink. "I been in the club about ten years, but I can count the hyenas I ever met on one hand. Got sick of my sire pretty quick, he was a dickhead. You left your group for a reason, right?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Blaise was surprised by two things in that moment, first, that there had been a group of hyenas previously. Where had they gone, and why had they broken apart in the first place? Did the Cackle just not have a strong bond, or was there some sort of outside source? She was dying to know the answers to these questions.

The second surprise was a bit more pleasant, discovering that her and Pete were equals when it came to the years of experience the each of them had with their animal counterparts. She wouldn't have wanted any less from her potential leader... Speaking of, was Pete even going to be the leader of the potential Cackle? Blaise had never really asked, just sort of assumed given the way Summer clung to her every word and Echo was far from warming...

Another great question to ask, the questions lingering on the tip of her tongue, begging to be asked. She'd have to hold it down for a moment though, not rude enough to completely ignore Petes own question. "Me and the King had a bit of a disagreement when it came to some other Weres." Blaise shrugged as if it didn't bother her as much as it really did, forcing a smile as she leaned forward. "Speaking of Kingss, are you going to be my next Queen?" Subject change attempt two.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well. She could smell a story, but some lines were too good to resist. She grinned and wagged her eyebrows a couple times. "I mean hey, if the offer's on the table."

But really, it was weird, wasn't it? That it would be her.

She picked up her fork again, looking out at the bar and going through a split-second appraisal. "I'll be honest with ya, I was never exactly ambitious about it, I'm not interested in crawling up anybody's ass an' telling 'em what to do. But no one else is doing it, and it feels like, if all these other groups can have something, you know, why not us?" She smiled and widened her eyes for emphasis. "So I'm making it happen. Except I definitely want to be King."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It was the kind of leader Blaise preferred when it came to a group, especially when her last King had been so restricting with his abundant amount of rules. She had dealt with it for seven years, and she was hard pressed to go back into a group with the same restrictions, not that she thought Pete would ever prove to be that sort of King.

Ginning, Blaise would take a sip of her drink, nodding her head. "Well future King." She hummed after a moment. "I'd be happy to assist you with anything that I can." She found that she was rather excited for this group thing to be formed, missing the sort of comradery that came with it. "If you'll let me of course."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Future King! If that didn't make your dick hard, what could? She laughed and shot her hand across the table, going for a handshake that doubled as a reason for their hyenas to finally meet. "Fuckin' glad to do it, Blaise. You seem cool. We're lookin' at Avondale for a place of business, you been up there?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Blaise would take the hand as it was offered, the hyena taking this opportunity to bound forward eagerly, whines of excitement escaping her throat as she sniffed all around the other hyena, tail fwapping from side to side. "Been there once." Blaise recalled her time with Anabelle searching for strawberries in the thick woods. "Nice area, plenty of woods." Plenty of room for all of the hyenas to romp and wrestle around if they wanted to.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Becky put up a racket, whooping and squealing, trying to snap at the back of an animal that equaled her strength. Happy, dominant, excited, fearful! The noises escalated and then died down as the handshake broke. "Yeah, it's outta the way, which I figure is always good. Not much fun in having an animal friend if you can't take it out much." She scratched under her nose, pondering at whether there was anything else she ought to say. Probably not, right? She took a drink.

"Well. I gotta find a business or something out there, that's the next step I guess. In the meantime, maybe we can have a normal fucking full moon or something."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Blaise nodded her agreement, having thought a similar thing when she had first made her trip to the open woods. At mention of a business however, Blaise would purse her lips in thought, a hand coming to her mouth as she looked off to the bar for a moment. "That one is going to take some time." She mused after a moment, brain coming up with absolutely nothing that they could do in such a rural area. "But I figure we can come up with something."

A grin returning to her lips as her hand dropped back down to the table. "As for the full moon, it better be normal." She huffed. "No way in hell am I going to deal with being an otter again." No tiny feet please.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Man, shit! She liked Blaise. It was hard not to feel in good hands when the two bitches you had at your back were both so fucking confident and level-headed. Her face split into another wide grin as she cackled and downed the rest of her drink. "Yeah, you were cute, though. Maybe it's not so bad to get a free pass an' walk around in someone else's skin, you know, just. For special occasions." Pete had fucking loved being a tiger.

All in all, this little dinner date had gone better than she could've asked for. Everything was coming up Peters.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh