Do not disturb

Yellow Pages 
@Frank

Hey Frank. Hope you're doing alright, was just reaching out because I wanted to discuss prowl things with you. Text or phone call works for me, let me know what you prefer!
Asha

Cheery!
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A text from Asha had his attention. Looking away from a laptop and a long email chain, he texted back.

It’s good to hear from you. I’m doing okay, hope you are as well. And sure, call me whenever is convenient for you.
Frank

If he had the option, a phone call was always better.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She'd call him in about twenty then.

Incoming
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Waiting a short while, soon enough his phone was ringing.

Hey Asha, what’s up?
Frank

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Okay, easy peasy. This would go fine. It would have to, because she was literally offering the easiest option on everyone else.

Hey! So, I just wanted to say, thank you for being welcoming and all. I know it's been hard on everyone.

A small pause just to construct this sentence appropriately

I've been thinking a lot though, and I really think it's best if I don't join the group at this time.
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He wasn’t entirely sure where this was going, but he listened, let her have the pause before swooping in with questions. And then she continued and what was said wasn’t what he’d expected in the least. His face fell, furrowed in confusion and concern while the jaguar rumbled discontentedly.

Even though her relationship with all of them was shaky at best, he’d hoped they’d figure things out to at least be comfortable. The need for safety had kickstarted them all into gear and with this change, what bubbled up to mind was first and foremost Asha’s own.

Oh

It was a soft word that faded off with thought before Frank took a small breath. He was at least happy she was voicing this now before magic could be in play, ripping at newly resealed seams.

That's okay. Whatever you're most comfortable with is what's important... is everything alright?
Frank

A reassuring tone with understanding before dripping to concern could be heard with those words.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She kinda felt bad. For all she'd seen in their former communications, Frank could be given to sudden snappishness and rudeness, but he was also very kind. Had been considerably more welcoming than she deserved, especially now that she knew what she knew.

Things are okay. Really... good, actually. I found someone to pull all the data off my old phone and I sort of... saw everything for myself. Hard wake up call but I think I feel better now knowing how it all went down.

Like, everything, Frank. Even before you. That didn't matter in this conversation though.

Just considering all of it, I just really think it's best for everyone if I'm not like, forcing my way in when no one is really comfortable with that. And I don't want to rush feelings. And then on the other hand it's also ... my cat. She's making it pretty hard to accept the flip, and it's been rough when it's like, half my brain on that track. I just don't want to be a source of conflict at any point.
Asha

She gave a huff, knowing she was talking a lot, but wanting to let him understand where she was coming from before she continued.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A small smile graced his face as Asha confirmed things were doing well for her. It was relieving in some sense to hear that that wasn’t what was affecting this decision. And if it all was going swimmingly, then why?

Oh. She had more of an understanding as to what had happened. Taking that all, absorbing it, understanding that force wasn’t what was going to help in this situation, it was significant growth. As for the cat, it’d been something noticed, but not bothered by necessarily. But when things became official, who was to say that wouldn’t get weird and tense if hers kept seeing itself at the helm of a ship she wasn’t the captain of? All of this was taken, understood by her, and she was making the big decision to pull out of something that wasn’t working at the moment. To understanding that and do as such was a big step and he was a bit surprised, but proud of her, appreciative.

I can understand that, it sounds like a lot to take in and work through... I don’t want you to think you can’t come to us for help though.
Frank

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No, and I don't want to feel like there's a split between us either. I'm seeing it as more of like... an alliance, maybe. Even if it's just made up of you guys and then me by myself right now.

A small huff of humor. He was being very accepting about this. So on it went to the questions.

I figure we should hammer the rest out, though. Am I allowed to stay in Crestview and the Terrace? Or would you prefer I clear out? It's your call.
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

An alliance? Sure, if they wanted to use those words, that worked.

Okay, good.

He breathed that out with a bit of a reassuring laugh.

As for her next questions, there was a bit of shock that jolted him at that. In what universe would he have ever thought to kick her out? She was safer in prowl territory than outside of it and honestly, he wasn’t about to just force her to move, that was insane… and weird. Did people do that?

No, you don’t have to. I’m fine with you staying here.

Though, a thought occurred to him, remembering when he'd asked Yana about living in her territory. He supposed this applied even though it wasn't really a thing yet besides just 'no vampires' that Asha and Frank had agreed on finally.

Uh, whenever the prowl does become a thing, you'll need to follow its rules too though.
Frank

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Being told she didn't need to clear out was all well and good. Being told she needed to follow rules that weren't her own sent a spike of the cat's displeasure up her spine.

See, it was for the best she was not subjecting them to that. She sought a more human calm and answered.

Yeah. Of course. What'll those be?
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Er, well, here was the thing, it wasn’t like they’d all sat down and discussed this yet.

We haven’t exactly talked about it, but I imagine it follows similar lines of other groups, y’know? Maybe some variations, but that'll probably be later.

She probably didn’t know, actually. Frank scratched at the back of his head for a second as he realized that fact and went on to explain more.

Right you wouldn’t… Uh, like, vampires not being allowed in Crestview. So if you find one it’s best to let the group know so you have backup. Um, treating rogues and other weres of groups with the same respect as us. And, of course, trying not to out yourself or others or purposefully turning anyone unless there’s no other choice or there’s good reason.

If a Florian incident happened here he’d have to really consider things, might even have to turn them if it was a threat and that made his skin crawl. Hopefully, that wasn’t something that would ever need to be done or happen anytime soon if it did.

And I don’t imagine anyone is going to be perfect so just being open to talking through things and asking for help if needed would be nice, but that’s not really a rule.
Frank

A huff left him, still feeling out things was rough. He had no idea what he was doing with full certainty but hey, learn in the moment right?
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Okay. That all sounds reasonable.

And then it was time for a question.

Say... some day far in the future, I meet a bunch of jags outside the group. And we think about grouping up. Is sharing Crestview with me something you'd be interested in? Or would you prefer I take that elsewhere.

She made sure to keep her tone open, making it clear that she was valuing his opinion here.

Just for the sake of covering all her bases. The cat wanted what she wanted, but there was no reason to make it... war between them or anything. It could be like, Prowlshare. Prowltnership. Prowlliance.

Anyway Frank might not be into that so Asha prepared to hear some version of that and hoped she didn't piss him off by asking.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

At least she thought so and there was some kind of relief at that.

As for the theoretical, he really tried to follow her here. Two prowls in one area was perhaps weird in the fact there could just be a unified one instead, not some multifaceted mash up. But, it’d offer more safety nets. It could either work or not, all of it he really had no experience in to really weigh on how it might go, just that when it came to Asha being a leader there was a rightful caution. It wouldn’t hurt to try it out, see if it worked and if not, no one said things couldn’t be reconsidered.

Honestly, it sounds a bit weird to me, but so do most were things.

He breathed out a small laugh at that.

I don’t see why not. I’m okay with giving it a try if things come around to it, just keep me in the loop and all.
Frank

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A soft gentle no. That's what the first half of his first sentence sounded like, so she prepared to consider Avondale or something sad like that only for him to!! Say he was down?!

And Asha didnt expect that and certainly didn't know wbAt to do with it and it would be clear in her voice.

Ah- I mean- yes! Of course! Yeah, I mean. We can have each other's backs! And- and if something happens to me you can step in and if you ever need any help at all I can help too — I'm just— thank you for considering it!
Asha

Grateful word vomit.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The tone and jump from one point to the next was one he was familiar with and it had a smile creeping up his face, easily heard in his voice. They were all great points and further added to the bucket as to why this might just work if it ever happened.

Of course, I think it has the potential to really work out well for everyone.
Frank

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just like that, her cat officially folded and chilled the fuck out. Look. They had options. Everything was fine. Thank you.

God- thank you so much. Could I- I don't mean to keep demanding. But could I maybe ask just. One more thing.
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He hummed at the thanks, but quieted, feeling hesitant at the request for something else. How she’d follow up the ones before was something he couldn’t exactly guess.

Uh, sure, shoot.
Frank

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Given the go ahead, it was easy.

If you guys could just not blame Abraham. He really wants to blame himself or... share it with me. But. I have all the proof. None of it was his fault.
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That position was tricky. It was partly his fault from where they stood. Abraham might not have lied to them after all was said and done, but he’d definitely left them without so much as a word.

Frank inhaled some, wiping at his face, before questioning.

Would you mind explaining?
Frank

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It was all me. The thing with the coyotes. He had no say in it, was really ashamed of what I'd done and couldn't deal with being here or anywhere around me. I know it doesn't change how it hurt you, but it's all on me.

Frankensteined facts from what she could piece together, her texts and his humiliation and the blazing hurt of it all.

She just wanted him to feel accepted in a way that she would never feel it was possible for her to earn. But he still had that chance.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Frank remembered this coming up from a conversation Vidya shared between what had transpired on a phone call with Abraham. At least this time he was hearing what past Asha had done from put together texts, seeing how things fit with just minor additions.

I hear you, but you didn’t force him to leave without a word. We’re definitely trying to move past it, but it’s not an easy thing.
Frank

Sincerely, they would work through things. Letting him back into everything was a good step in that direction.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But what if she had, Frank? A new worry that maybe she'd made him leave cropped up, but she had no way to prove it. There was only so much prying she was willing to do at Abraham and he would probably only ever tell her how it was on both of them. But she didn't want to believe that — couldn't, really. Not when every mistake made was on her.

That said, she hoped Frank would never have to face that feeling, of literally not being able to face anyone he knew. Asha maybe understood it too well, not only because of the very nuclear option she'd opted for but because she could feel Abraham's feelings with intense clarity.

So she'd done what she could, and would need to accept that they all needed their time to forgive him. But she hoped when that time came that he would also forgive himself.

Thank you. That's all I can ask.
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That seemed like a wrapping to their call.

I'll see you around. Stay in touch, okay?
Frank

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Of course. You too.
Asha

And then she hung up, feeling good and not realizing she hadn't made it clear that she intended the Terrace to still be theirs but that was maybe something that would come up eventually! Or maybe not. Abraham knew, at least.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh