Round Two

Kensington Quarter 

Despite the fact that she had spent fifty bucks on an unwanted turtle earlier this week, Alice had somehow managed to pick up an extra shift at the restaurant on a Friday. Staying until close had gotten her a grand amount of tips, and had her feeling like the baller that she used to be, paying her half of the bills for the week, while still having some left. The cash burned a hole in her pocket, begging for her to spend it, and get some new prize for her little corner in Ashers apartment.

There was really only one thing that Alice could think to buy, crystals, and while her last purchase had been soured, she was determined that this one would go differently. It didn't take her long to spot the tucked away shop, a sort of calmness washing over her the moment she entered, the shelves littered with all different types of beautiful stones. Spotting a Aventurine sitting upon a shelf in the back, Alice quickly made her way towards it. A promise of luck would come with this purchase, and if anyone needed it, Alice did.

Turning on her heels, Alice made her way towards the register, stopping as she nearly collided with someone picking their way through the small shop. "Oh shit, sorry." The crystal was held tight in her palm, fearful that she might drop it on the short walk.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She had to admit this place was nice. Granted she was a touch out of place, wandering about the town without much of a clue as to what she was doing. It wasn't like she was in a haze but she was almost restless. Maybe that's why she wandered into this shop with the mellow atmosphere. Perhaps she could find something to help her relax some. Stuff for a really fancy bath or soothing scented candles. Anything would do at this point.

What she found instead was a little different though and didn't bring forth the relaxation she was on the hunt for. Admittedly she was not completely aware of her surroundings and it wasn't until she heard oh shit, sorry that she seemed to blink back to reality. Honestly? The woman likely would have had to mow her down to get much of a reaction. "Oh, uh, don't worry about it. Honestly I should have been paying more attention." An apologetic look and tone swept over her.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If the woman had clapped back with some sort of snide response, Alice might of been her defensive self, but instead she was offering her own apology which quickly had Alice liking her. It was good when others understood that they were just as equally at fault in these sort of cases. "You alright? You seem distracted." It wasn't that Alice particularly cared, but when it came to shops like this, she felt she had the knowledge to help a customer find anything that they were looking for.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Sort of. . ." She didn't even sound confident in her own words. Maybe she was distracted but...by what? "I guess I'm just a bit restless and I figured this place might have something to help, y'know, relax me." A small smile cracked her features before her gaze moved to look around the store a bit more. Absentmindedly she was on the hunt for that calming cure.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh calming?

Alice knew the perfect thing for that, a bright smile coming to her lips as she waved a hand in the direction she had just come. "I know the perfect stone for that!" She sang, nodding her head for the woman to follow as she made her way back towards the area of the store she had just left. "I can show you."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A stone? Nika had never tried something like that but she was open to the idea. What was the worst that could come from it? "I’d appreciate that." She admitted as she followed after the stranger. She had a bad habit of doing that apparently. Toddling off after people she had just met. "I take it you know a lot about stones?" She asked softly as she looked around at them lining the shelves.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Alice puffed up a bit at the question, stopping in front of the many stones as she reached for a rather familiar dark blue stone. She'd run a thumb over it for a second, before handing it over for the woman to hold. "A bit." She hummed. "I find they work for me, so I like to keep them around." She'd nod at the stone then. "Hold that tight, and see if it brings any feelings to you." Solalite was known for calming anxiety and bring peace to the mind, but one had to find the stone that fit them right for it to actually work.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She did what she was told without a fuss, holding the stone tightly in her hand. Instinctively she closed her eyes. Even if the stone wasn't actually doing anything it...felt nice? She could just focus on the smoothness of the stone as she ran her thumb over it. "It's nice." She whispered softly. Part of her wondered how odd she looked right now but considering how this store was operating, she also imagined she wasn't the first to do this. "I like it. What's it called?" Nika admitted as she finally opened her eyes and hand. She hadn't looked at the stone all that closely before but it was easy to admire it now.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Solalite." She answered easily, happy to see that she was taking well to the stone she had offered. "I have a few of them back home, and they've certainly helped me out a lot." She grabbed at one of the other blue stones, shifting it around in her hand. "Its not often I find others who don't just laugh when I show them crystals." She gave the woman a hard look then, questioning and curious.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Solalite. She looked away from the stone to look to the helpful stranger, a curious look settling onto Nika's face. "Do you think they might have a necklace or something with this on it?" It would be nice to have the stone on a necklace. Not to mention she was fidgety in her restlessness and being able to twist about the stone or just mess with the necklace would be convenient.

"It'd be rude to laugh at your helpfulness. I've never tried stuff like stones before but why not?" She offered a soft smile to the woman. Maybe she was just desperate to put an end to her unbalance, maybe this stuff really worked. She didn't know but she was grateful for the help either way.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A necklace? Alice had seem some earlier she was sure, pursing her lips in thought, Alices eyes would glaze over the shelves. "I wouldn't doubt it." She hummed, moving further around the shop as her eyes roamed over the shelf. There was display after display of stones, big and small alike, along with some shelves one could set their stones on. Still, no necklaces, not yet anyways.

"Gotta be around somewhere." She'd click her tongue as she continued on.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She looked around with her, aiming to not be completely useless in this endeavor. It took a few moments before she stumbled upon them. A small collection of necklaces from varying stones. "Hey," She called out softly. Grabbing a necklace with the stone she had admired attached to it. "What do you think?" Nika asked with a soft hum as she held up the item against her chest as though she was attempting to imagine what it'd look like on her.

Why she didn't just try it on was beyond her. Probably lack of sleep or something along those lines.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Alice would stop at the other womans call, spinning on her heels to face her. "That shits dope." She'd gasp, leaning closer to get a closer look at the stone. She kinda found that she wanted to go buy her own now, maybe one for Asher too, although she doubted that he would appreciate it as much as her. "It's making me want to buy one."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A smile cracked her feature's at the words she was met with. Nika hadn't really expected that sort of response but...she was right, wasn't she? Shit was dope. "They seem really nice, high quality, sturdy." She wasn't sure if she was saying it for the woman or more for herself. "What stone would you get?" She asked with genuine interest. Unbeknownst to her, the helpful stranger had already been on her way to purchase a tone before Nika had swept her up into this.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Aventurine." The answer came quick, Alice already peering through the many necklaces on display. "It's supposed to bring good fortune." She'd explain, knowing full well that the stranger had zero clue what the crystal would even mean. It didn't take her long to spot the pretty jade stone, grabbing at one of the thicker ones.

"This guy right here." She'd grab at a 'boyish' looking one for Asher, deciding that she owed him a present or two. She'd hold up both of the necklaces for the woman to see.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Whoa." Oh man, that necklace was a lot cooler than her own. "Almost gives me like...pirate vibes?" She half-questioned with a soft laugh soon following. It was a laugh at herself more than anything else. "Either way, I think that's the dope one." A warm smile spread across her face. She definitely felt a bit more like herself now than she had earlier that day.

"Thank you, by the way. I'd probably be fumbling around still if you hadn't helped." Her hunt for relaxation hadn't started with the idea of a stone but here she was.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Alice smiled at the necklace, hoping that Asher would feel the same. "Thanks." She hummed, swinging it side to side before looking back towards the woman. "No problem, I love to help when it comes to this sort of stuff." Ask her to get another lemon for your fucking glass of water though, and she'd have a cow. "I'm Alice by the way."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"I'm Nika." She introduced herself in a rather non-impressive fashion. It wasn't like she had any sort of grand titles or impressive things to share in an intro. "Are you from Cordova?" She asked as she slowly began to head towards the register. Although her pace was slow as she continued to browse the things for sale that they passed by.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Alice would follow with the two necklaces clutched in one hand and the stone she intended to put back in the other. "I'm from Alaska, but I live in Cordova now with a friend." She answered, placing the stone on the correct shelf as they passed. "What about you?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That was like...super far out there. Alaska, that is. Not saying Nika was from nearby but she certainly hadn't even met anyone from Alaska. That she knew of. "I just moved here a bit ago. Well, I'm actually up in Cedar Creek but I roam on my down days." She probably sounded boring with her simple life but there was nothing she could do about that. Not yet, at least.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Well if you ever roam down here again, maybe we can hang?" Alice didn't have a lot of friends outside of Asher, if any, and she rather liked this woman. "That is if you want though." Or maybe if she ever went to Cedar Creek or something.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"I'd like that." She admitted with a bit of excitement hidden under her words. It would be nice to make friends with someone who was roughly her age and seemed to be in the same boat as herself. "What sort of things do you get up to down here?" Not that she minded simply shopping around like this. Actually...an almost cliche girl's shopping day sounded kind of rad.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Awesome, Alice found herself getting excited.

"I normally go to the club or bars." She answered tilting her head in thought. "I used to shop a lot, but money runs out, ya know." Anything food related was nice as well, but she figured that was with every girl Were or not.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Awesome, Alice found herself getting excited.

"I normally go to the club or bars." She answered tilting her head in thought. "I used to shop a lot, but money runs out, ya know." Anything food related was nice as well, but she figured that was with every girl Were or not.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Maybe you could show me a good bar. I tried one up in Cedar Creek but it was...kind of a bust." She admitted with a small laugh. Something good had come from that night though! Like making a friend and finding an amazing diner. Pros and cons.

As they approached the register she snatched a small pack of path salts that had some sort of promising labeling of calming essence. "I'll give you my number and you can just let me know when works for you? My schedule is like super flexible."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Alice would make note not to go running into the bars in Cedar Creek then, if there was one thing she hated in this world, it was a shit bar. "Sounds good, I'll check my schedule and let you know as soon as I know." She'd place the necklaces on the counter as they got to the front, handing over her phone. "Just put your number in and send yourself a text so we both got each others shit for later." Easy peasy, she was already pulling out her card for the cashier.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She was quick to enter her own contact info into Alice's phone, shooting herself a simple text with a gem emoji because...well duh. They had met over talking about stones. She'd hand back the phone of course, not keen on holding onto someone else's personal object for too long. Once they both checked out she assumed they'd probably part ways...? She didn't hold her breath for normal endings in meeting new people. Prime examples being eating at a diner with Iago in the wee hours and whatever she had gotten into with Asha.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Once she was done checking out, Alice would lift a hand. "I'll talk to you soon then." There was a moment that she thought about giving a hug, but thought better of it, sending the girl a wink before making her exit from the shop.

She had gotten what she needed and more.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Okay!" She held a bit of a bashful smile at Alice's wink. It was kind of cute. Although she wasn't sure if cute was actually the right word. Maybe charming or alluring. She was giving this too much thought. Awkwardly she finished checking out at the store before she would hurry on back home.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh