Clean Up, Isle 5

Union Square 
Following this thread.
@Katrina

Pandora beat Katrina there, having already been just two clocks away. She lifted her phone to check the time. Only a few minutes short of the fifteen Katrina has given her. She stopped outside the alley, leaning against the hard brick, causally looking around the square across the way.

With the man’s scent and features committed to memory, Amira had half a mind to go talk to Luka and see if he could draw up a sketch of the man. It would help Katrina look out for him in case he he some sort of on-going operation.... especially since Evelina said he had picked something off the body. Drugs? Certainly not money otherwise Evelina would have used something specific, right?

For now, all Amira could do was wait for Katrina. If she went to investigate herself, then that left the alley unguarded. She didn’t need to make this a bigger issue than it already was. So she’d wait, rather impatiently, for Katrina to arrive.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There was something to be said for arriving on time, especially when you were to arrive on the scene of something needing your help. As it was, she'd made it briskly to a nearby block and in a whoosh in an alley was as a cat. Being discreet seemed an important reason as any to arrive like this and so the orange coon would leap upon fences and eventual shop fronts, following a power signature and scent of her dear friend.

As she jumped with all the dexterity this form gave onto a particular lower side, she spotted Amira and hurried on over till her head was below. Leaning forward, a paw would reach down so as to claw the air to get the woman's attention. "Where," Catrina said softly, ears pricked.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Catrina was right on time and in the form of a cat. That was perfect, seeing as no one would suspect foul play and call the police on her. Amira, on the other hand, was not that powerful and had to resort to sticking to the shadows.

She pulled herself away from the brick, casually bending down and reaching her hand toward the cat. You know, in case anyone was looking. "In the alley. My friend saw a guy pick something off the body. Drugs, maybe? When she took his picture he stabbed her in the stomach," she whispered.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Amira turned to her and she gave a greeting made of an ear flicking. The information to come of her question wasn’t expected, but these never were were they?

Jumping down to the sidewalk ground, she shot a look further down the street towards the alley in question. ”A body? Did you add to the count?” Catrina would make to begin walking over, confident in Amira following. If there wasn’t an addition, then they had someone causing trouble on their streets.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Amira followed the large cat into the alley, careful to keep half of her attention on the entrance to the alley and the other on Catrina. "No," she replied simply. "I will worry about the man later. I want to see if Luka can sketch up a picture of him."

She was already planning the hunt. He wouldn’t live longer than she wanted to. That was certain. "He ate some sort of flower we he thought two against one were terrible odds and he was a psychic. Do you know of any power that would require someone to eat flowers?"

It sounded ridiculous, even coming from her lips. Still Amira stopped when she stood over the body, her eyes scanning him quickly. "No wounds, no blood...." could it have been a heart attack? Poison? It obviously wasn’t blood loss.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Going into the shadows of the alley, she took in the information, padding up to the body in question. The mention of a flower in regards to a psychic had Catrina scrunching her face, hair pushing up near her nose. What in the world were they dealing with? ”That would be smart. Maybe run it by the local police as an anonymous hotline tip.”

As Amira came up to look at the body as well, she confirmed each, walking around and looking critically for something, anything out of the norm to suggest how a kill had been made. Nosing him, the smell of apricots wafting faintly from the mouth caught her attention. Odd. Perhaps a breath mint, but the idea of flowers was on the mind. ”No I don’t. Eating flowers like a coo’s cud shouldn’t be needed to fuel powers.”

Looking up to Amira, her tail flicked back in forth slowly. ”Is there anything missing from the scene?”
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Amira nodded. That was definitely a good idea. Especially since the body was still warm. Best they made sure they were keeping their area safe and away from roaming eyes. Especially since this was starting to become their home. "I'll do that as soon as we are done here."

Amira let Catrina inspect the body, the pool of Evelina's blood still there, semi-fresh on the hard, concrete ground. She found herself staring at it for several minutes before the issue at hand caused her to refocus. "A small plastic bag was taken from the body. I suspect drugs," she said matter-of-factly. What other way did humans transport that sort of thing.

"If there is a drug problem in the area we need to have it taken care of...." or spun to their advantage. But this particular suspected dealer was not one she was willing to negotiate with. Not when he stabbed Fire Heart. The gold in her eyes was enough to tell Catrina that without words. Amira would not let this man live.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Drugs, really? And to kill someone over just a small amount wasn’t a good indication of the riffraff responsible, either extremely desperate or bloodthirsty. Noting the gold in Amira’s gaze, she watched it for a minute before turning back around and following the more prevalent scent of blood. ”Mmm, that would be wise.”

It was spattered and caked to stones by now, but not from the man. Amira’s friend perhaps which made sense for the type of anger seeming to course underneath the vampire’s skin. ”Is your friend alright?”
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Amira was silent for a moment, watching the orange cat and refusing to look back at the drying blood of Evelina. There was a lot of it, but she could only hope that she was okay. Her heart beat has been steady when she followed her those two blocks, or as steady as could be expected after suffering from blood loss and trauma.

"She refused my blood.... I can only hope she is. I left her, alive, however," which was a good thing. When Amira had turned away, Evelina had still been akling. The thirst for her blood and not giving into that temptation was like sticking a hot branding iron down her throat. It was painful, and yet, the pain of her dying on her watch was worse. It was what helped her stray from the edge multiple times.

"Is there... a way to undelete pictures on a smartphone?" she ventured, her voice quiet. Evelina had taken one, but deleted it for the man's sake, but what if there was a way to undelete it? Amira wasn't great with technology, but maybe Catrina or someone else was? If that wasn't an option, then she would call up Luka.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Refusal to drink blood had her sending a sharp look over. A girl who knew what Amira was wasn’t safe and that highly suggested that she knew. If the girl lived from this altercation it would do well that Catrina find and wipe that knowledge from her. ”I see.” That was a discussion for when they were out of the alley, for now, there was deductions to be made.

Giving the scene another once over, she regarded the question in thought. ”Mmm, not that I know. You could always go by a repair shop.” Stepping away from the body, the blood, the scene, she began making the way out of the alley. ”Let’s leave before we make a scene and you can tell me what’s on this phone you’re wanting back.”
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh