Set My Eyes On You

Magic Hollow 
@Jaybird

Winter was coming! He thought it had snowed at one point or another but if it had then the pearly white had not stuck around. The weather was somewhere between warm and cold on this Saturday. He had been hoping for colder weather, after all he was dressed in a long fur detailed dress with gloved fingers attempting to set up a camera. Coupled with his own insulation from being a fox he was decidedly stifling.

Magic Hollow had a certain fairy tale quality to it that worked so nice in videos so he had decided the next music video had to be there. Which was the whole reason he was standing on a empty cobblestoned street setting up a tripod camera in a winter dress and long red haired wig. A couple of nice, but old boxes lay nearby holding his lyre and some other supplies for said video.

Though he kept fumbling around with the camera with gloves on. Mumbled a little he grasped one glove between his teeth and tried to pull it off. The glove came off, but fast. too fast and the force of it sent his hand slamming down hard onto his knee. He gave a yelp and hopped backwards.

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Please excuse him. He doesn't know he's a coyote. :-P

Niall was on his way to the Eden Project, hearing that it was beautiful at this time of year especially when the temperature inside the glass down was a balmy eighty degrees. He loved the winter. Loved that he could now walked from the bus stop to his destination in a light coat and somehow break a sweat from being too warm. He loved that there was just this new outlook on life since becoming a werewolf.

He was walking down the street, looking at the woman in a long, white dress when she suddenly yelped and hopped forward. Niall rushed forward, pausing when he was close enough to scent that the woman was actually a man and that it appeared he had just been taking off his gloves. Still, Niall couldn't not say something. "Hey, I heard you yelp. Is everything okay?" He asked, genuinely concerned. The scent of the man not hitting him quite yet since he was upwind.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Orri hadn't been expecting anyone to enter the street, in fact he had been counting on it staying empty for his video. So he was a bit surprised when a man rushed to his side to help. Even more suprised to smell the Yote. Rubbing at his leg he would turn to the other shifter and give a half smile over the pain.

"Oh no worries it should heal in no time, you know with the whole were thing. But thanks for asking I do appreciate it."

Since there was no one else around he didn't mind at all talking in the open about being a shifter and the like. Although he wasn't on the best standing with the yotes, he liked all shifters. Well honestly he liked everyone! (cept echo)

"What brings to Magic Hollow?"

Without thinking Orri figured this man was part of the coyote group in red rock and so figured the man had done the same journey as he had.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Niall saw a flash of white and a small figure, the beast within ruffling it’s ruff ever so slightly, but cautiously approaching for a sniff. Niall assumes the guy was nice enough, he couldn’t smell any blood but he knew Weres tended to heal fast. Especially after he was attacked and changed on vacation.

Still, hearing someone talk so openly about it... Niall has yet to meet another of his kind so the idea was exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. He decided to proceed with caution. Niall places his hands in his pockets, eyeing the guy and his equipment curiously. "Yeah sure. Good deal," he agree after a moment.

"I was just making my way to the Eden Project. Felt like a good night for it. What about you. What’s all," he took one hand out of his pocket and waved toward the camera and boxes. "Of this?" his tone was always baritone, soothing and curious. No judgement. He wanted to ask him if he was a werewolf too but refrained. Not the time or place.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The nice Yote was on his way to the butterfly place! Orri would love to do a video there at some point, but he would have to get permission first which would take time, so maybe not for a while. Was a nice night meant to mean a good night for a shift? Was the coyote going to try and eat butterflies? That sounded like a bad idea.

"Im a youtuber, so Im setting up to shoot a video! Are you going to try and eat the butterflies? I don't think they are very good for coyotes. Maybe a plump bunny would be better for you?"

If the man wanted to shift Orri would be more then happy to do so as well. Maybe they could go back to red rock together later and go hunt some rabbits! And play! Play was the most important.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A youtuber? niall supposed that was the thing now and in a decade it would be something else. He really couldn't keep up with what was going on with the new generation. He supposed as an interpreter, he had heard some rather obnoxious things. What came next shocked him even further. What?

Eat butterflies? Coyote? How would this man even begin to know what he was? Niall thought he was a wolf. The typical form of Were. Niall supposed it was possible with the first Were showing face on the news being a tiger. There there was some weird event a couple of months ago with a werewolf getting eaten by a giant gator or something. It was too large and too far away from a swamp area to be considered anything but magical.

Niall took a steadying breath as he attempted to sort through everything the man said. "What do you mean 'coyote'?" he asked slowly, cautiously. His unease awoke the beast inside. He could feel it push against his skin, reaching for the other shifter. Smaller, it seemed, than him. "I was thinking more along the lines of a wolf...." A small smile was given at his try for humor in such a questionable conversation.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Orri cocked his head a little confused. Why did the man think he was a wolf?

"Im pretty sure you're a coyote. That's what you smell like and I've meet others so I should know the scent."

Was this one of those really knew people? It must be so frightening. But the fox didn't seem to think the other shifter was weaker, which it should have been if the guy was new. Like wolves, coyotes tended to kill foxes so his own animal wasn't super keen on the other.

"Did your sire, um the one who bit you not stick around?"

Orri wasn't sure why this was so common. If he bit someone he would do everything he could to help them.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Interesting. Well, that would explain a few different things. It wasn't like Niall had access to a mirror when he shifted so he didn't even know what he looked like aside from his fur coloring and eyes. His eyes only because he seen them in the bathroom mirror when he was new. A light red, nearly pink with a swirl of brown. Uncommon for any sort of wolf or coyote.

He was quiet for a moment, letting the information sink in. So there were others. Obviously. There had to be considering someone had changed him. After a minute of silence he decided that he should probably say something. "No, they didn't. With everything that happened in the news I suspected.... since I healed so quickly after the attack. I just assumed I was a wolf because of what I could see when shifted," Niall admitted quietly.

"So there are others like me.... here in the area?" His question was spoken slowly, as if he was still trying to sort through the fact that he was a coyote and not a wolf. A scavenger. He supposed he had a new path for research. And if there were others in the area like him... man. That would be so helpful. He had been alone for what seemed like a long time now.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What a poor man. To go through this all alone. Even thinking he was a wolf instead of coyote. Orri reached out on sympathetic instinct to attempt to pat the other man's shoulder.

"Im sorry they didn't stick around. It's a lot harder by yourself. There is a group of coyotes in Red Rock. Their home base is called the Extra mile. I would give you the leaders number except I don't have it. But if you want someone to go in and introduce you I can definitely do that."

He let his voice dip to a more soothing tone as jubilant did not fit the mood at all. The coyotes might not like him bring a rogue into their garage, but it was worth possible getting kicked out to help this guy. Being in a group helped so much and would help this guy.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Niall nodded in understanding. He wasn't looking for sympathy, but the hand on his shoulder was comforting... oddly. In fact, that was the last thing he needed. He had been content in knowing that he was getting stronger and that he hadn't hurt anyone (that he knew of) because he was always one to take precautions. Now that he knew there were others out there - and so close - perhaps his perspective was changing.

"Thanks, man," he said, nothing but appreciation in his voice. "I think I'll head down there on my own if that's okay. What's your name?" He wanted to go on his own because he didn't know how he was even going to go about it. Should he scope the place out first? Should he just walk in and introduce himself? What was this "Extra Mile"? There were too many question and not enough answers. "I'm Niall."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

His fox gave a warning snarl at the coyote not wanting the other to come close at all. Orri gave a few pats before withdrawing his hand not wanting anything to happen. At least the guy was going to head to the Extra Mile.

"Im Orri. And I understand if you want to go by yourself."

Maybe he should stop by today to let the coyotes know about Niall.

"Though I could go let them know to expect you if you would like just so things go extra smoothly."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

His.... coyote was cautious, but not aggressive. He could feel it assessing the situation and deeming the other not a threat. Thankful that he didn't have to be concerned, Niall gave a appreciative nod.

Orri was such a weird name, but he wouldn't think on it any further. The young man had helped him out, had pieced together another part of his puzzle and was one step closer to - hopefully - completing it some day.

"Nice to meet you, Orri. If that makes you a little more comfortable I'm fine with that. Anything I should know about them?" Aside from them being a group of coyotes? Just the idea made his own inner beast hopeful and excited.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Orri paused thinking over the question. He hadn't had a great run in with their queen but that was his own fault really..soo.

"Hmm not that I can think of. If you meet them they will let you know all about how groups work and their own set of rules and stuff. They are really nice though especially the blonde lady whose name I never got."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Okay. Blonde lady. Niall hoped there’d wasn’t a ton of them. He reached up, rubbing the back of his head in thought. Okay. This was a lot tot take in but nothing he couldn’t handle. He just had to take it in stride. He was a scavenger - er - coyote. Not a wolf. A little less impressive but equally hardy. Right?

He just had to go back to the drawing board and do some research. Get to know this animal over again. Just knowing this little bit of information, put some sort of unease to rest within him. It was comforting. Like a weight had been lifted that Niall hadn’t even known was there. "Well thanks Orri. I’ll check it out soon. Good luck with your, uh, YouTube shooting."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It had been a nice easy encounter. Orri liked to help the new weres and this one seemed so nice.

"Thanks! And good luck as well."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh