What Do You Think?

Larkspur 
 Steaming hot showers were God's gift, according to the Life And Times of Jacquelyn Donovan, not yet written by none other than Jackie Donovan, but maybe one day. Was an autobiography something she would ever write? Would someone else write a biography about her? Would she ever write a science journal? Would she make a medical breakthrough? Cure a disease? Cancer?

These were the kinds of things the blonde thought about as she soaked in the fires of Mordor, happily sighing as she leaned back against the tub wall letting the shower rain down on her. In her own little world of applause and Nobel Prizes, the drowsy Jacquelyn didn't hear her the door open and shut, nor did she hear her bestie's call to her: Honey, I'm home!
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Honey! I’m home!" She called as she closed the door behind her. A smile finding its way across her features as she set her purse down on the floor. Listening in, she tried to catch the sound of.. anything. Vaguely, there was water. But was it from the neighbors or was it Jackie?

Getting rid of her shoes and coat, she took out a wrapped book from her purse. With the small package in hand, she made her way towards the bathroom. Jackie’s scent was already over the place, making it harder for her to tell whether the femme was home or not. But the sound of water became more clear and once outside the bathroom, Milla moved quickly..

Suddenly she opened the bathroom door and stuck her head in with a "hiiiiiiii" á la Stitch-style and a wide smile.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Green eyes popped open at the sound of the door opening, sitting up so fast her head spun, eyes flooding with pink. So many possibilities flashed through her mind that she couldn't even think to not scream, the sound high pitched and startled. It took her several seconds to process the voice she heard, to register that it was not some stranger barging into her bathroom while she was showering and instead was her best friend and roommate. A hand came up to clutch her chest, skin slick with water as she leveled out her breathing, forcing herself to calm down before he cheetah got riled up.

"Jesus christ, Milla!" The blonde exclaimed, laughing and trying to catch her breath both. Needless, to say, that wasn't the easiest thing to do. She managed, though, moving to stand up so she could rinse off. "I'll be out in five, okay?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Jesus Christ, Jackie." Milla teased, chuckling softly. "Now the neighbors are gonna think that someone is being murdered." She sighed and rolled her eyes in an over dramatic fashion.
 "I’ll put on some tea." The feline added, smiling and would close the door shut behind her as she changed her direction towards the kitchen. Putting the package on the counter, Milla had soon put the tea kettle on and hopped up onto the kitchen counter.
 "Hey Alexa, play some music on Spotify." She called out as she grabbed a small bag of chips, which she was soon snacking on while waiting for her friend to finish in the bathroom.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Well maybe if you didn't just barge in, there wouldn't be a reason for someone to think I'm being murdered." For all the sass though, she was smiling from ear to ear. "Out!" She demanded, laughing. "Before I throw something at you!" But Milla had already closed the door, to leave Jackie alone in the shower once more.

It was less than ten minutes later that she was presentable, and found her bestie in the kitchen, popping a chip into her her mouth. "So rude," She greeted her with a grin, padding through their apartment on bare feet. Her skin was still to damp to put socks on, but sweats and a baggy t-shirt kept her warm enough. "How was work?" She asked, plucking a chip from the bag and crunching on it.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Rude? Me? Lies, nothing but lies." The femme claimed with a twinkle in her eyes as she watched her friend approach her. At times she’d be struck by how incredibly lucky she was to have a friend in Jackie, knowing that she wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. Not that she would tell her that.
 "It was alright. We got a book delivery," Milla nodded towards the wrapped package on the opposite counter. "So I brought you something." She added with a smile in place.
 "Its a collection of short stories by some indie writer."Milla chuckled. "Skimmed it, thought you might like it."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh