Don’t let go

Yellow Pages 
 It had been a couple of days since his visit, and Milla’s head had been spinning. Trying to remind herself that she had been the one to break it off. She was the one who had wanted space, and yet.. Here she was in the dead of night, phone in hand.

You up?
Milla

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rowan always had his phone turned on and the volume up due to work. He couldn’t sleep through a call if he wanted to. So when the phone chirped loudly on his nightstand next to him, he groaned, rolled over and turned the bright screen on. Squinting at it until he could make out the text message.

Carmilla. It was Milla.

He rubbed his eyes and say up, giving his muscles a good stretch before he unlocked the screen. Should he reply? Perhaps she was drunk. Or maybe she was hurt.... the least he could do was make sure she was okay.

Are you okay?
Rowan

It was blunt but what more could you expect of him?
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She honestly didn’t expect him to answer and she was already coming up with excuses, in her head, to why she had texted. But then her phone vibrated, indicating that she had gotten a text message. Milla stared at the screen and tapped her finger to its side. Thinking. Was she okay?

Not really. I can’t sleep. Did I wake you?
Milla

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Not really.

There was a whole lot to unpack in those two little words.

Yes. But it's okay. Anything I can help you with?
Rowan

Keep it short and professional. He could get himself caught up in the storm again even though he longed for it in his otherwise boring life.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Milla couldn’t help but to feel like she was bothering him, ’Yes. But it’s okay.’ But was it really?

I miss you, that’s all.
Milla

Look at her go; being the toxic ex.

Wanna grab a drink? Or food.
Milla

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rowan held his breath. What was this? Of course he couldn't say no to her. But he knew this was jumping right into the storm. Right down the rabbit whole once again. He might as well drown since he liked the feeling so much.

He checked the time, knowing that he would have to report into work in the morning. He could spare an hour or two, right? Why was he even doing this. Rowan needed to tell her know. But he was an addict. Silly as it seemed.

I miss you too.... I could grab something if that's what you wanted.
Rowan

He had always left everything up to her. Always.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The femme practically held her breath as she saw the dots appearing on the screen. He was typing. Sitting up, she waited for a response and when it came.. Milla couldn’t help but to feel a certain relief that he agreed to seeing her. Why she was doing this, she didn’t know. But last time had left her feeling at unease.

The usual place? In about an hour?
Milla

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why? Why? Why???

Because he liked thud for him. She was the sun - the light - in gif once dark and dull days. Life had been routine until she came along.

He reached up, rough rubbing the stubble in his chin before replying, his leopard already giddy with the thought of seeing her.

Sounds good. I’ll see you there.
Rowan

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She was out of the bed in a heartbeat. Why had she said an hour? Her phone vibrated again and saw his response, and she was already looking for what to wear. Milla stopped what she was doing only to type a quick reply.

I’ll see you soon.
Milla

Now she was in a hurry, excitement making her heart rush; and she was not about to tell Jackie. Not right now.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh