Nineteen Hours & ... Well, You Get It

Yellow Pages 
Out of North Glenn.

She didn't provide a name or any bit of further information, found it to be ill-advised and a gamble she wasn't willing to take. At almost a full day later she felt sore enough that she had caved and messaged the number in the first place.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jo spent a solid four minutes typing and erasing and retyping various single-word responses—"good" was too self-important, "cool" was too chilly, and "great" was too enthusiastic—before settling on the least terrible option.

Great
don't remmber if I mentioned but doesn't sound like they know your name
I'll let you know if I hear anything else

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's one bit of good news.
Is that really all you have to say to me?
I just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I said I was sorry which like I knwe isn't worth all that much but I don't know what else you want me to say ?
You were right I was wrong , I underestimated the amount of interest law nforcement would have
I fucked up and I shouldn't have dragged you into this even if it hadn't turned into a xkusterfuck

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Okay. What did you say to the cops about me?
Any and every thing.
Please.

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I said I didn't tell them anything but to recap
"how well do you know the pretty blonde and the guy"
"I'd rather not answer that"
"don't tell me you were just in the right place at the right time"
"I watched a lot of aminak planet as a kid and my muscles are bigger than my brain"
"weh weh obstruction of justice can get you sent to jail"
"ok cool sorry"
"nets time we talk you're gonna be in PENITENTARY"
then she left

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why not rat out the jag?

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Because she wasn't a fucking rat, thanks.

ratting him out means I know stuff which means I'm involed

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I mean, you're on TV everywhere. That means you're pretty fucking involved.
Can I level with you?

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jo could not handle Alex being level with her right now. She didn't need another litany of her sins against good judgment.

I'd call that a different level of involvement
yeah

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'd call that bullshit.
If this bitch finds me, I'm singing if it buy's me the time to run.
Not on you, obviously. But on them. It's not that I want them in trouble, I just won't go down for a sinking ship.

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

COOL, ALEX. Jo decidedly did not think it was bullshit, but she also had a lot less to lose compared to Alex. For once in her life, her shit was (mostly) above board.

You do you, man . It's your call

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She sighed at what had to be the world's most passive aggressive text message from someone who had been referred to at any point as King Big Dick. For a fleeting second anger took precedence, she thought to tell her to forget about it all - the Band, her number, everything. But some wiser part of her realized was probably just ... hurt, or whatever.

'Alex, you're family - that's priority. If it comes to it, do it.'

But maybe that was presumptuous of her in the first place. Maybe she was sensitive or ... whatever. Instead she stared at it for a minute, looked up from the screen and the drastically different set of circumstances that was her life today versus forty-eight hours ago.

2_hand_ok

Perhaps it wasn't a nice reply, but it was the nicest she could think to give.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jo gritted her teeth at the stupid ok hand, and she didn't ungrit them at the realization she might have been the one to sound like a dick first.

Your safety is obviously more impirant than the jags and you don't need my helipcoter mom ass telling you what to do . Just let me know if/what you say if shit catches up to you
I'm around if you need anything

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Briefly she thought maybe Kai was there and coaching her - then she rememebered that Kai would probably be even worse at this. Unsure what to do with the new and improved response, she decided to aim for casual.

Likewise, just say the word.

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh