Tech support

Yellow Pages 
May I call you with a hypothetical question that requires millennial insight?
Hot Dead Dad

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ahh my area of expertise
of course
Dax

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A huffed laugh.

Incoming call from Hot Dead Dad

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Local millennial, how can I assist?

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He pondered working gently toward it, but decided to dive right in.

To what degree can an Uber ride be tracked? Say some... idiot rogue vampire used it as a means to transport a body. I understand there is an app, but I know very little about it.
Hot Dead Dad

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dax huffed a small, incredulous sound. Who could possibly be dumb enough for that?

Then they're screwed if law enforcement is even remotely competent. All that data's logged somewhere--who got a trip from whom and at what time. Your account is tied up to your phone number, I think, and usually a credit card or whatever, unless you put in a lot of effort to use temps.

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Beauregard sighed a dramatic sort of sound.

Oh, Dax. Convince me not to strangle to death your dear friend Amy.
Hot Dead Dad

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Amy had killed someone. And then transported the body via Uber. Amy, who had sought out a vampire on Craigslist because she didn't believe they were real. then asked another vampire to turn and kill her.

Dax huffed a mirthless laugh.

No convincing arguments are immediately leaping to mind. I'm afraid to even ask what the story there is.

But not that afraid. She suspected Beau and his flair for drama wouldn't need much convincing to regale her.

(Distantly, she noted that Beau likely wasn't entirely joking about strangling Amy. Even more distantly, she wondered why she wasn't losing her shit over that thought.)
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There is barely even a story. She and another idiot fledgling named... Robbie? Went for a hunt together and chose an apparently already half beaten man as their target. It unsurprisingly went south.

A sigh.

Did I ever tell you that if you overdo it during a feeding, you can offer your victim a drop of your blood and they'll be good as new? Assuming they aren't already dead.

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

As unfortunate as that is, I suddenly feel much better about my own state of affairs. At least I haven't accidentally murdered anyone yet.

She'd just intentionally murdered someone. No big deal.

Are there any side-effects to giving them my blood? Other than being revived if they die, I assume?
Dax

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That Dax hadn't killed anyone while feeding was, frankly, very impressive. Beauregard had a not inconsiderable body count accumulated over the years, though perhaps he hadn't always been thoughtful about it.

That is the one you need to worry about. If you create an ill-suited vampire, I can assist in dealing with it.
Hot Dead Dad

The group was not in desperate need of more fledglings.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Assist in dealing with it. Dax didn't pretend that meant anything other than putting down the "ill-suited vampire".

Appreciated. Is there any way I can assist in the... Amy situation?

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If you hear from her, let me know. And if you need to transport a body, perhaps consider a taxi over an Uber.
Hot Dead Dad

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dax snorted a laugh through her nose. She wondered faintly how Marge had disposed of the shifter.

I'll keep that in mind. Have a good, murder-free evening.

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She was further from him than was his preference, on a social and emotional level, but Dax was perhaps the most tolerable fledgling he could have ever assisted in creating.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh