Rainbow Glitter

Cordova Pride 
Outfit! Set anytime at the evening parade

So many people, drunken and high and swirling about in a mass of every bright color. It was delightful, vibrant.. A good place to get a meal. Holly wasn't set on doing so, just yet, merely enjoying the madness that was a pride parade.

She'd even chose a sunny outfit to fit the vibe, glasses unneeded in the dark but very much adding to the cuteness. Seemed to attract some attention from a few giggly girls with rainbows painted on their faces, and before she knew it she had a flower crown perched on her head.

They parted ways, as she sought out more odd little humans doing odd little things.

Tempted to shift into her dog form and get fawned over, she held back for now, more interested in the little vending stalls set up along the streets. Perhaps she could bring something gaudy back for Regina? Make her wear it on outings because it was a gift and how dare she break her sire's delicate little heart?

It already was broken by the redhead not attending the festivities with her.

"Oh come now, why not?"

"You know I despise crowds of people."

Bless her stuffy little princess.

She continued to browse, swaying happily to whatever beat was being emitted from the crowd - or, rather, beats, all swirling in together to form an utter mess of noise that was pleasantly chaotic.

Come now, happy people. Give her something entertaining to make this night even better. Holly held up a beaded necklace, utterly gaudy, but happened to see someone reflected in the fake luster that caught her attention momentarily. Anyone interesting? Just a common human, as Regina might call them?

Her head would cock over her shoulder, and she'd offer the person a cheeky little smirk to draw them in.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What a peculiar event. Spectacular, wonderful, colorful, exhilarating. Yet peculiar all the same. It spoke in volumes. Not just a celebration; a statement. A movement. Edvin found he quite liked the idea. Though his own romantic preferences were largely irrelevant now, he supposed he might identify most with what was referred to as "straight" or, perhaps based on his past experimentation, "bi-sexual." The terms hardly meant much to Edvin. He found it all rather trivial. Still, Edvin took an interest in the celebration and saw little harm in attending in support of the cause. He seemed to be well received. Scantily clad people whooped and whistled and dubbed him "daddy", which he supposed was meant to be something positive. He was even gifted a flower crown which he wore shamelessly atop his head.

There was most certainly a lot to see, smell, hear and sense. Alcohol, food, sweat, blood. And the overwhelming flood of power that radiated from the crowd. It was in situations like these that Edvin sometimes wished for a break from his own ability. There was no turning it off, try as he might have. There would always be the pull to those whom possessed a gift. After so long, Edvin had since grown accustom to the sensations of many. There were, however, isolated occasions in which one caught his interest for being different. One such as this; the complex sensation of something he had yet to encounter radiating from a woman whom was herself a complex creature. A vampire, and a powerful variation at that. There was a draw to her that Edvin hardly felt so strongly from within others. Something the beckoned him away from the pursuit of a dreadfully intoxicated atendee.

Edvin spied her gaze in the reflection of the beads she held aloft. There was a beat of a paused before he chose to approach her with a warm smile. His eyes flickered to her own crown, and he motioned toward his. "I supposed this what many refer to a 'twinning.'" He mused with a warm laugh, his voice steady and below a yell for the knowledge that she could hear him perfectly over the cacophony of sound that filled the streets of Magic Hollow.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A powerful one, like her. A male, somewhat attractive, but dreadfully old and not at all interesting in any other fashion but a little bit of fun. She would happily toss a $20 bill to the vendor, way too much for the little set of plastic beads, but nothing to her personally. Not when you had centuries at play.

Was her twin, as he so put it, as old as her? Older even?

Holly was mildly interested, and strung her new necklace around her collarbone before offering up a hand. Dainty, light-footed, she shot him a winning smile with a little trill. "Walk with me."

It wasn't a request.

If he'd be so kind to take her hand and stroll, she would guide them further along the stalls, browsing. "How old, mon jumeau?" Powers, rank, clutch (if he had one), they never really caught her immediate interest. Holly preferred to get an estimate of her company on their age alone.

The young ones could be naive. The ones who were but a century or two.. They liked to think they were something special.

The old ones, like her, seemed to be the most fun.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

One wrist reseted formally at the small of his back as the second moved to grasp the woman's extended hand. A gentle squeeze, a tilt of his head in a nod. Oh, how he did love interactions such as these. It reminded him of his first meeting of Beauregard, then again with Greta. As if it were old friends meeting for a stroll. Edvin would follow her with a measured gait, his head turned inward toward her so that he could listen to her words through the roar of sound around them. A peculiar question, but it spoke to him of what she valued. Age, experience, maturity. "I was born in the year 815." He said with a distant chuckle. So many centuries ago now. Could he remember it at all? There were snippets. Largely death and dismay. Sickness and hunger. It was all behind him now.

"And you?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Like a good gentleman, he took her hand and walked by her side easily. She wasn't romanticized by it, but she did appreciate a nice man when she met one.

Though, how nice he full was.. Yet to be seen. Holly wasn't the most trusting of ladies, not with her history. A long history, as long as.. His perhaps? She made a soft ooh noise, looking at him levelly, but with a growing little smile. Old after all, not some impetuous little young one with their ego so far up their ass they didn't know how to behave.

Holly shot him a coy smile, looking down the street to the source of the current music and leading toward it. "I'm not entirely sure the exact date, it was so long ago and I wasn't one to keep track. I think it was.. Before Iceland was settled. Or maybe just as. I remember that being the gossip of the era, from where I originated."

In simpler words. "Old, darling, just like you." Another little smirk. "Not that I'm implying you look it, of course! I know my manners."

She was a good little maid, after all.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Long ago, then. An age to rival his own, he could estimate. Perhaps younger; as he did recall the settlement was within the parameters of his undead existence. As they moved, a breeze shifted among them, and with it her hair moved from her neck.

There, inked into the pale skin, he spied an image he could recognize with striking familiarity. With a pleased smile, he spoke in the language he had long since abandoned. An ancient language form which many European languages derived from. “If I look young, then you look to be but a child.” It was an assumption that she knew the words, but he could trust that someone as old as she would not ink the symbol upon her skin without purpose. The modern society found it to be a sign of pride in one’s ancestry, but someone old as he? He did doubt it.

italics are Old Norse ok I couldn’t find a translator yolo

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Words suddenly washed over, old and strangely familiar. How long had it been since she'd heard that language? Regent of course could speak it, around her, but they rarely ever divulged in the ancient relic of speech. There were others more natural, now.

Holly was almost saddened to say it took her a moment to collect her head, and reply back in the same language. "I am young, but if my memory serves I passed the stages of 'child' before I died." Again, the exact age was lost on her. A little farm girl turned prostitute didn't have the mind or powers to keep track of her age. Perhaps twenties, was her best estimate.

It mattered not.

"Helga, as I was once known." She smiled up at him, as they stepped near the edge of the small gathering. A space had opened up in the street, where clusters of humans were dancing in various forms. "Holly is more suited now. Do you know how to dance, sir?"

She'd relent her lead on his hand, if so, and be led into the group.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh