Why am I so bored?

Mountainside Planetarium - Clutch Only 

Current life status? Waiting for Ellie to get off work.

She was legit the most proudest of her friend for getting a job. Also happy because it meant they wouldn't lose the apartment! The only issue was it was pretty damn late at night, and all the cool exhibits of planets and space were closed off. She was forced into the weird vampire lounge place for lack of anywhere better to chill, sitting awkwardly in the leather booths for a little while scrolling on her phone.

How long till Ellie was done again? Like an hour or something?

Wheeeeeze.

Savvy propped her chin on her hand, scrolling through YouTube. Boring.

She stretched out more, still scrolling, still bored. Also her thighs were stuck to the leather now, ew. She peeled herself off, and then just.. Flopped onto her back on the bench, legs bent up, arms above her head as she kept. fucking. scrolling.

"Booooooooooooooored."

Why her life currently so boring? Like legit, could she go back to school please? Homework was starting to sound nice, and that was a disturbing insane thought.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

With more money cane more paranoia. He’d taken to keeping his wallet and keys down in the common room’s lockers (they exist because raylers says so). It was a sense of security that he probably didn’t need much, considering he head the capability to smite even a vampire that tried anything. Alas, there was a human part of him still that found it easier to relax without needing to worry about his stuff behind rifled through whilst he was working.

The night was drawing to a close, the hours inching closer to sunrise, and it was finally the end of his shift. Things were in order throughout the building. All the lights and systems were running smoothly. He was free, intent on just grabbing his stuff an-

And there was someone here. Aiden let out a small sigh as the door to the common room opened, revealing the girl as she lamented about her boredom. A frown etched into the corners of his lips. He recognized this one from the meeting, but fuck all if he knew her name. Maybe she wouldn’t notice him. He was never quite so lucky.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Her head twisted round to peer from under the table as the door to the room opened. Ellie finishing early? A small squinty frown, as she looked at feet annnnd... Those were man feet. Feet of the Man.

Not her friend, another vamp apparently. Upon closer squintage, it was determined to be like one of the two soul vamps her age, about. Hi yes! She was looking for friends her age who were dead! Come talk to heeeer pleaaaase.

"Hi! I saw you at the meeting," Savannah chirped happily, about to sit up only to bash her skull into the underside of the table. So graceful, wasn't she? Motherducking ow.

Slower this time, she straightened herself up and shot the guy a small wave. "Savannah, but Savvy works too. I don't think I caught your name last time." Come talk Mr. Vampire, give her something to dooooo.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fuck.

His jaw set firmly as he watched the girl cram her skull into the table. There was the ghost of a smirk at that, but it vanished almost as quickly as it came. She was bright and bubbly and... he had to physically keep his eyes from rolling.

“Aiden.” He answered as he made his way over the the cubbies, hoping Savannah would just disappear. He could only hope.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh wow, he was one of those really non talkative douches, wasn't he? Or well. She couldn't say douche without like, attempting to get to know him. But his clothing choice? Kinda sorta screamed fuckboi to her.

It toned down her excitement, mildly, but she was still bright as she regarded him. "Cool cool."

Frantic search for conversation as he got to the cubbies for his stuff, presumably. UHHHHHHH.

"You haven't been a vampire long, have you?" Wasn't the best start, but it was something they could connect to at least. He felt decidedly weaker than she did, that metaphysical sense that told her he was lower down on the pecking order.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Not one to take hints, then? Aiden frowned into the cubby as he collected his belongings and pocketed them. He was glad he didn’t have to breathe anymore else a sigh would have given away his irritation. “Few months.” He said with a nod of his head. Fuck, how many had it been?

“You?” He’d entertain her for long enough not to gain a reputation for being an asshole. Not that he wasn’t fully aware that he was. But the rest of the Clutch didn’t have to know that. Especially if they were supposed to be the ones to watch his back.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Few months then, cool. Probably a tiny bit older than Ellie? Or well like.. Vampire wise. He looked like a broody 17 year old to her, like definitely younger. Some kinda Edward-from-Twilight wannabe.

It was the type of person destined to just not get along with her own and hey, she could cope. Wasn't like she had to be friends with EVERYONE.

"Uhh.. Like almost a year? I got vamped at a college party first week, no fun at all, 0/10 recommend." Forever turned off of alcohol, both because she couldn't drink and because the reason she couldn't drink (or eat or see the light of day etc.) was because she got drunk drinking and let some strange dude suck her neck!

Lovely!

She crossed her legs up under her, head cocking. "Did you get fucked over like me or did ya have a choice?" Savannah wouldn't be insulted either way - she wasn't one of those people who'd like, be all judgey over someone who wanted to become a vamp.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A year. Seemed about right, from the creepy vibes all vampires seemed to give off. Her's seemed more significant than his. More like Leah's, but hardly as powerful. A brief burst of air shifted hollowly from his nose at her rating of her experience. "It's not exactly something anyone would reccomend, I don't think." He said, his arms crossing as he looked her over. "No, I didn't choose it." He said simply enough. She didn't need the details.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well.. Like she guessed some people would recommend? If they chose it? Like.. Ellie didn't seem to miffed by her life right now. Though Ellie was a pretty fucked up individual.

So.. Let's just drop that topic there, Savvy.

"If you ever need someone to like.. Bitch to about it, I don't mind." A small shrug. "But you don't look like that type so my offer's gonna be void huh?" The smallest of cheeky smiles graced her face.

She was onto you Mr. Broody.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How sweet. An offer of a listening ear. Aiden regarded her with a largely blank stare, but his lips did faintly pull into a bemused smirk as she backtracked over her offer.

“You’re smarter than you come off.” He could have left it at that. Gone his own way and let her annoy the next poor sap that wandered in. But there was a vague curiosity there that kept him rooted to his place.

“Why’d you join?” Curiosity, caution. A few reasons. He wanted to know if it was truly just convenient for most of the members, or if they all felt the same way about the rising tension in Cordova. And, of course, if Beauregard’s smooth talking had had the same affect as it had on them.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Um, kay. "Rude," Savannah snorted to the big jerk boi, only like. Mildly offended.

He seemed like an ass, so hey. Asses got to say asshole things and get away with it because it wasn't worth making a thing. Though she bet she could beat his butt if it came down to it.

She was weirdly good at that??

Anyway. "The Cordova clutch kinda intimidated me into joining them when I first moved here. Then I met some others, they told me what the Hollow stands for really and like.. I couldn't stay. So I moved here, with like.. A nicer clutch. Less murdery."

Savvy shrugged again. "It's safer than being alone, right?" Amy and her friend demonstrated as much.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He really didn't know much about the other Clutch. Other than that they were earning themselves some heat, and that they were generally shitty. This girl, as annoying as she was, didn't fit the bill. Seemed better suited for whatever Eventide was. "What do they really stand for, then?" He prompted with a quirk of his brow.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wasn't a hard question to answer, really.

Savvy blinked at him, grinning warily. "Murder? Badassery? Assholishness? They aren't trying to make peace with anyone, they're trying to cut everyone out and killing anyone they don't like who steps in. I hadn't even realized I was living in their territory when I first moved there, and they basically told me to join or get out."

It was all to cruel for her liking.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sry for the delay TnT

Sounded... like a lot of work for little reward. Aiden's frown remained in place, but his brow did arch a bit higher. "So, basically our polar opposite in every way. Nice." His tone was dry. "Sure that won't cause any problems down the line."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeaaaaaah Savvy was also oh so sure.

"I reckon they aren't as big as our Clutch anymore. It'd be stupid on their part to cause problems for us." Shrug. "There's enough strong vamps to take care of it."

As well as weirdly good at fighting/calming people down Savvy?

Anyway.

She chewed her lip absently. "Do you have a power?" Did all vampires get them? Or did you have to come with them, like her and Ellie?
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There was some comfort in that, he supposed. But a few more experienced assholes would likely be more dangerous than five or six newbies. Not that Aiden was exactly worried when it came to actual combat. No vampire was immune to fire.

Which brought them to... Aiden’s eyes fell back on her. “I do.” He said simply. Not a lie, but he wasn’t exactly going to share everything about himself with her.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Huh.. Maybe all vampires did then? Or he'd just been a psychic person before all this.

"I do too, had it since I was human." She wasn't totally oblivious to the fact he was holding back on her, though, and raised an eyebrow with the utmost cheeky grin. "But I ain't telling if you aren't!"

Like, c'mon dude.

Open up a little? She didn't bite.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She was nosy. Almost endearingly so. He thought about just leaving it at that, but the opportunity to fuck with her as a consequence of prying was too great. So, with a chuff and a smirk, Aiden shifted his gaze beyond her to a book that had been left on a table some feet away. "I can show you." He said flatly, then with a blink of his eyes as they flashed a dangerous gold, a flame roared to life atop the book with a hollow fwoosh. It wasn't particularly large, but it was significant. Aiden drew the lingering heat of the basement area to coax the flame brighter, hotter, louder. Just to make a show of it. The binding of the book crackled and whined against the sudden flash of heat, the cover charring and the pages curling in at the edges.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Mkay!" Savvy chirped, prepared for like, something maybe cool.

She really didn't expect that random book to fucking burst into flames and the resulting shriek was pretty high pitched. Holy.. Wow. Dude.

DUDE.

Savannah ended up giggling hysterically, while carefully inching further back in her seat. "That. Has got to be the shittiest power to have as a vamp." Could it go wrong? Probably very. Like, poof of ash wrong.

Her own suddenly seemed so mediocre. "I can't really like. Do a fancy demonstration. I just can tell truth from lies. Sometimes like, force someone to tell the truth. Sometimes. It's harder."

Shrug. She wasn't Miss Flamegirl okay.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The flame roared, a conduit for the flicker of annoyance that washed through him at her obnoxious reaction. After a moment, however, it snuffed in a cloud of smoke. It left behind a charred lump of smoldering paper. Here's hoping it wouldn't set off the fire alarm. With a dry huff of laughter at her observation, Aiden turned his attention to her. "If I'm stupid with it. But there's perks to being able to turn even the most powerful into a pile of ash with the blink of an eye." A shrug as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Her power was the same as Leah's. An annoying fuck of a power. He'd never exactly been a liar, but since living with Leah, he'd taken to being frank in everything he said. It un-complicated things, really. "Try me. Make me tell the truth." He challenged.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There definitely were perks. And there were perks to knowing someone with perks. "I hope I can be on your good side, then," she chuckled in a joking way.. But also mildly serious.

She wasn't going out like that book did.

His challenge was met with her eyes turning teal, focusing on him with a curious sort of intensity. Sometimes it hurt forcing truth.. But others it didn't. Took practice, right? So alright, she could practice here.

Standing up, she marched over to him and stood looking way, WAY up into his eyes. Actually no, wait. "Just so you know I'm not dicking with suggestion, I'mma close my eyes kay?"

Ready?

Savannah shut hers, and focused hard, pulling at him. It was vaguely like picking apart something.. pulling at information. "Tell me.." What did she want to know? "Why you don't really want to talk to me."

It was obvious enough this conversation was being humored.

It already wouldn't work, she hadn't got a good hold on it. A tiny frown marred her features.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Aiden didn't really have a good side. Or a bad side. It was more a case-by-case basis, really. He disliked everyone by the same measure until they proved themsleves to be deserving of something otherwise. This girl... was staying pretty stagnant, for now. He didn't move when she approached, his eyes casting down his nose as he met her gaze for the few moments she met his. What a gaudy color. But she closed her eyes, and after a moment of looking over her face, he let his own fall shut. This would be interesting, if it worked.

But after her question; which was honestly a little pitiful; there was nothing significant. Still, he smirked down at her and answered with transparency. "Because you're annoying. But so is everyone else, so don't feel bad." He shrugged. "If it's any consolation, I'm still standing here. So you're not as bad as you could be."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She stubbornly looked at him, even though he was smirking and she wanted to like, boop his nose and call him a grouch. But he was also the Fire King so nope. Gotta be friendly. And, as her power suggested, he wasn't lying when he called her annoying - or said it could be worse.

So, partial score?

Savvy squinted at him a few seconds, thoughtful.. Then she snorted. "You remind me way too much of my brother Conner. He's tall like you too. And grouchy. But we still get along, so." She stuck a hand out, quirking a small smile. "Friends, and I'll try to not be so annoying?"

Though like, she didn't really know how but shhh.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Grouchy and tall. He'd been described in that way before. He couldn't imagine living every day with this girl. She was only barely tolerable. So insistent on being friendly. Aiden regarded her hand for a beat, his smirk falling some. Ah, fuck it. The word "friend" was largely meaningless, anyway. He took her hand for a brief squeeze, but let it fall a moment later. "Fine." A shrug. "Don't think this means we can braid each others hair and shit."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She squeezed his hand back, grinning. "Aww and here you are with the perfect hair to braid." A tease of course, as she went back to the tables and got her phone. She stuck it out to him, an eyebrow raised. "Number, let's go."

Savvy had few friends in there she could actually hang out with.

"I will annoyingly text you to get out sometime with me and my friend Ellie and maybe Amelie coz we're the only Clutch members around the same age. We gotta bond over like. Drunken people drinks or something."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

God, they were exchanging numbers. Aiden did so, begrudgingly. If she really wanted to, she would be able to get it from the group text Beauregard had put them in. Might as well save anyone else the trouble of having her text each number in attempt to find his. With a huff, he returned the phone. "No promises on bonding, but I won't say no to a hunt." He said dryly.

"I'm gonna go do that now." He informed her, and without much else in the way of a goodbye, he turned to leave the room.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh