22 Signs Your Water Fountains Are Leaking

Mountainside Planetarium 
Persephone was old enough to know that when you belonged to a Clutch, you had a little more protection than when you were a Rogue. You had a leader you could rely on and you had a place to go if you needed safety, and you had a community of people that would hold you up if you needed a hand, and overall it was just a good safety decision.

She was also old enough to know that if you met with the leader of a Clutch who had been nice enough to divulge where they gathered and offer at least another meeting, then it was a good idea to follow up that first meeting with a visit to the public hub if you were thinking about joining up.

Another point on the “You’re old enough to know this, Persephone Xenikratos” list, you had to make a good impression and sometimes that meant dressing up for the comfort of the people you were seeing instead of dressing down for your own personal comfort. While her walk in closet was vast and held a number of dresses and skirts, she struggled with what to wear until the very last minute finally settling on a shirt and skirt combo, flowy so that the weather wouldn't make it seem uncomfortable to the naked human eye, girly enough to show off what slight curves she did have, and just professional enough to make a good impression. She curled her hair into loose ringlets and tied It in a half ponytail, examining herself in the mirror one last time before setting out to Lavender Heights and the hub of the clutch she might soon belong to.

It was easy enough to find and once she’d paid the fee to get in and checked the time of the next planetary showing, she began to wander around quietly, heels giving gentle clicks against the floor while she looked around the space (pun intended). Slim fingers slid to a dial attached to a screen showing the different astrological signs and she stopped at the one for Virgo, holding the dial in place so that the picture stalled and she could study it, leaning forward against the railing in front of her silently.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

black jeans and a Planetarium employee shirt

Meanwhile, a similar screen nearby that was supposed to be displaying constellations... wasn't. And Aiden drew the lucky stick to go fix it. So with a sullen face and a box of various tools he'd need at his side, he made his way down toward the front of the Planetarium. Probably something in the computer itself. Maybe overheating. Something simple, he hoped.

He nearly didn't notice the woman as he knelt by the machine next to hers. It was the rush of a power signature that alerted him, and with a furrowed brow he glanced up in her direction. There was no mistaking a fellow corpse. With a huff through his nostrils, he straightened some to regard her. She was pretty, and dressed in the way some of the older members of the Clutch would appreciate. What was it with these ancient vampires dressing like they were on their way to some snooty country club? Despite that, she didn't seem familiar. And he had a feeling Beauregard was the type to send out a text about any new members.

"Here for an interview, or something?" He glanced at her dress a second time.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

While he hadn't noticed her until he was right beside her, she smelled him the moment he entered the room though, she didn't turn until he was beside her and even then, it was the smallest of turns until he spoke and she faced him head on. She raised an eyebrow at his question, tilted her head the sightest and then looked down at the dress she was wearing. Did she look that much like someone coming in for an interview? Somewhere inside she almost felt embarrassed, but she laughed, a tinkling sound that echoed softly in the quiet space.

"No. Not at all." She admitted and brought both her hands in front of her to hold her clutch. It felt out of place considering she usually wore a backpack or a messenger bag. "I came by to see the sights, meet the staff, see if I'm really interested in a membership."

She could hop right to it, ask the kid what he thought of current... management and whether or not it was worth it to join up, but at the same time she was curious about what he was doing and obviously curious about him since she was continuing to talk to him. She knelt down beside him, curling her legs to the side and setting her clutch to her other side to sandwich it between her thigh and the wall.

"I'm Persephone." She introduced, extending a hand to him gently.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Speaking in code. His favorite. She sat down on the floor beside him, and Aiden arched a brow in her direction. He couldn’t imagine any of the other well dressed members doing that.

“Aiden.” He said afer a moment, eyeing her as he took her hand. It was a firm but quick shake, and he moved his hands to pop open the tool box he’d set on the floor. “I’m far from the poster child for the group. But I guess I could answer questions if you have them. Or call the manager for you.” He glanced knowingly in her direction as he prized a scree driver from the box, but set out on removing the metal plate that covered the internal computer a moment later.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The raise of his browline made her aware that he wasn't expecting this and it made her wonder why not. It wasn't like she deserved to be in any sort of position standing over him. If anything, since she was a Rogue, she should be the one under him. This was his territory even if he wasn't the Dominus. She was merely a visitor. She let go of his hand when he pulled back to work and she contented herself just watching him work while he offered to get someone higher up to come talk with her.

"I'm more interested in talking to you, actually." She tilted her head to look at the computer before the man settled next to her, equal parts interested in what he had to do to fix the machine and whatever he might have to say about he questions she asked. "I wasn't the poster child for my last group either. Why do you say you're not?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Okay, a little creepy, but okay. Aiden worked in silence for a moment as she spoke. The screws were tiny, but he was steady enough to remove them without issue. He gathered them in his palm together before dropping them into the open lid of the tool box, then moved to slide the panel away. It revealed a computer inside, whirring and wheezing in the way old computers did. Really, they should get updated ones. But he wasn't going to suggest that. He just had to fix this one. A hand extended to feel at the fans, and as he'd suspected it was extremely hot.

"Just not exactly welcoming committee material." He said dryly. He sighed as he stood then, moving to tap at the touch screen to navigate out of the display and to the desktop. From there, he pulled up the program that monitored the internal temperature. It was at 68, out of a max of 70. Great. Fans were definitely fucked. "You met anyone else? Or just thought it'd be safe to wander around in a group's hub until someone found you?" There wasn't so much hostility as there was amusement at how stupid that plan was.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She wondered absently if she actually looked that stupid and as was the norm when it came to Sephi and strangers, she decided that he didn't mean it as an insult. He couldn't know how old she was and how many groups she'd been in just by looking at her and obviously a Leader's business was a Leader's business and she couldn't expect Beau to tell everyone that she was expected to show up; so she could easily have been that stupid.

Especially in this dress.

"Oh no, I'm old enough to know better than that." She explain-laughed while he pulled up programs. She'd never bothered much with internal technologies. She liked natural technologies like gardens rather than computers. Social media for the business was easy, everything else was difficult. He seemed to know exactly what she was doing though and she was impressed.

"I've met with Beau before and I was extended an invitation to the planetarium if I was interested in joining. I was going to ask someone to see if he was available once I made my way around the public hub." She cleared her throat a little. "I was hoping to meet other members before I saw him, make sure I would fit in with this crowd because I kind of stuck out like a sore thumb in my last group."

"I think I have the look down, but honestly I'd rather be wearing what you are."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, she definitely talked as much as the other members. Aiden half listened as he worked, mostly noting that Beauregard had invited her here and she was apparently trying to test the waters.

After a few beats in which Aiden kept his eyes on the screen, clicking through a few more programs, he glanced her way. “You’ll fit in.” He said simply enough, but glanced over her figure once more. “Don’t have to try so hard. Half of us are still in their twenties. Other half are too old to care, I think. Or too proper to say anything.” A shrug.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was a little naive to assume that she would fit in just by looking at her. They’d barely had a conversation. Judging by what he’d said though, he was young and therefore not old enough to know better. Still in his twenties. She wondered absently what her own twenties had been like, and internally shook the thought off.

"There’s an age gap then." She half asked, half stated with nod. "How long have you been apart of the group?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He hardly knew what age had to do with it. The were all dead, and thats about all they needed to have in common for this shindig. Aligning morals were advantageous, but not entirely necessary. He’d still rather snap the neck of any bag of fleas that came too close, but it was a matter of safety in numbers over personal vendettas.

“Since the start.” He said with a raised brow. How long had it been? Two months?

“Look, as long as you don’t have it out for Weres and you know how to clean up your messes, you’ll be fine.”
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If he was as young as he made himself out to be and he had been here since the start of the Clutch, he probably hadn't been apart of any clutches before. That and judging by how he stated that she would fit in just be talking to her for less than twenty minutes was very clear. He knew how this clutch worked. Not how others did. It didn't bother her - in fact it was endearing.

Don't have it out for Were's was easy enough. She employed one - honestly she probably employed more and just didn't know it - and she considered Abraham a friend, though she wasn't sure that he did the same. It was a thought for another time. She was quite honestly afraid of them more than she thought them to be enemies, if her reaction when Asha had come to the shop was anything to go by.

Cleaning up her own messes; well, it wasn't as though she'd gotten this old by killing everything in sight. She didn't feed on live humans, she covered her scent by the mass amount of flowers and herbs she worked with, and she kept her head down.

"Do you have someone teaching you?" She asked curiously, wondering about whether or not the older vampires in the Clutch went about teaching or if the fledglings were required to figure things out for themselves. If there was such a large age gap, it would make sense, but Clutch leaders didn't necessarily look at things like that.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Aiden eyed her for a prolonged moment. He knew she could recognize whatever power signature bullshit that hung around anyone undead, but for her to assume he had some sort of mentor? There was a brief moment he imagined a flame swallowing her whole, but it never came to fruition.

“No. There’s not a vampire curriculum.” He said blandly. Ophelia had made sure he didn’t fuck up. But there was no lessons to be learned from her. Nothing beyond to never let your gaurd down. Everything else had been learned on his own.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A group with this many new vampires (if Aiden's word was anything to go by) and there wasn't a single Mentor amongst them? While Bone Hollow had its faults, teaching the young ones how to live their new lives was never a concern. New vampires were taught how to control and the best ways to harness their new abilities. For a brief moment, Sephi found herself missing being able to teach fledglings.

"Vampire classes would be like really extra." She sassed back with a raise of her brow. There was no need to get bitchy with her, it was a question of how well they took care of their own. She was beginning to feel as though she was irritating him with her questions though since most times she asked him a question he just stared at her before answering or glanced her over like he was judging her and appraising her. Maybe it would be better if she just left instead of being made to feel like she was stupid for trying to understand a new dynamic.

"I think I've taken up enough of your time." She said as she stood with her purse in hand and brushed her skirt out. "I'm sorry I bothered you."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He'd been making his way up at a leisurely pace. How Beauregard yearned for some... magical ability to detect which vampires lingered nearby. For now, it was mostly chance that he happened to be turning the corner in view of the pair.

There was little missing Aiden looking like he'd accidentally pissed on his own shoes, and it did not take an empath to see some discomfort from a vampire he recognized to likely be visiting with purpose.

Could he suggest Aiden to be permanently cheerful? If only he was not a flame wielder.

Quickening his pace, he spoke out in greeting, wanting to sweep one vampire from another as smoothly as possible.

"Persephone," he said, smiling some. "I see you've met the president of the welcoming committee."

He expected the boy to snarl into a puddle on the floor and would have no complaints.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Like, really extra" was a string of words that made him literally want to vomit. If this woman was trying to convince him that she was older than the rest of the college aged fledgeling he was being unwillingly grouped with, she wasn't doing a good job of it. She seemed to get the picture, though. Upset as she was. At least he'd given her a fair warning. Aiden was content on letting her wander away, personally proud of himself for offering a few words of encouragement before he ruined it for herself.

And of course, like a hound on a scent, Beauregard rounded the corner. At a good time, probably. A sly smirk found its way to Aiden's lips and he took a moment from doing his job to mime the action of tipping his hat and bowing the upper half of his body. With that, he said nothing else, and went back to doing what he got paid to do.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

As Sephi stood carefully and smoothed out her skirt, she was only midly aware of another Vampire coming up behind them. It wasn't until he spoke that Sephi relaxed, feeling quite relieved that her original reason for coming here was putting himself out in the open rather than her having to go look for him or worse ask this child to go get him so that she could have a conversation.

"Kalispera sas, Master Beauregard." She replied, reaching out to shake his hand or let him take her hand or whichever he'd like to do. She took the movement easily, sparing a short glance over her shoulder at the boy before refocusing on the Master of the realm. "He did warn me to be fair I suppose." She shook her head a little - it was no matter, she would get proper answers now. A kind smile that reached her eyes covered her words.

"It appears you have moved in well, how have you been?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Even better than an attitude, an exit. Beauregard shook his head some to Aiden as he left, but his attention resumed to Persephone quickly enough.

How had she been since Margaux's enforced exodus, he wondered. She seemed a soft woman, though not a stupid one. He would take an overly mindful vampire over a brash one nearly every time.

Her greeting was in a language Beauregard was utterly without knowledge in, and he would have to take her extended hand to assume it meant a greeting. His expression was warm as he took her hand to shake it, cold skin on cold skin, but genuine enough. Aiden hadn't entirely deterred her, and that was all Beauregard could ask for.

"I have been very well. The world is more comfortable in a properly settled home," he said, and with a gentle tilt of one hand sought to encourage her further into the planetarium for him to stroll beside her. "How have you been? And your shop?"

Plants grown by a vampire in the dark was a tickling concept.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It was a strange thing to be such cold beings and yet exude warmth in features and actions. The handshake was firm, the smile on the Master's face didn't hold a hint of fakeness and while Sephi wasn't stupid and knew generally that a lot of vampires out there could mask their true feelings, she chose this time to believe it if not to give herself a sense of security lost by the boy that had made her feel as though the clutch maybe wasn't her cup of tea and she quietly and respectfully leave.

She dropped the greeting to leave her hands in front her holding her clutch while stepping forward to walk about the planetarium with its owner. "I've been alright. The rogue life is not easy as I'm sure you know." She gestured a little and returned her hand down again. "Lonely if anything, though the shop is doing quite well in its new location so I suppose I can't complain." A small laugh left her toward the end of the sentence.

"Which is quite obviously why I'm here. Not Thyme doing well, but the whole lonely thing."

What was a good segue?
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Loneliness was no small thing for a vampire.

A human could have a lonely day, or week, or month. Perhaps a lonely year.

Vampires could go decades once the slip into solitude began. He'd met more than one who seemed to have been lost to time alone.

Beauregard would hardly survive such a fate so long. His need for interaction was as sharp and real as his hunger for blood.

"I certainly understand. Time without a clutch is challenging for any vampire. Eventide has grown into a happy group, and quite a social one, contrary to Aiden's moping," he said.

Leading them down a corridor toward the stairwell that would take them to private quarters, he continued.

"If you'd like, I can give you a quick run through of our rules. They aren't many or harsh."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh