Please Stop Saying "Cornhole"

Cherry Hill 
A Cheeguar BBQ thread

Abe 2 was feeling a little more confident now that he'd waved at all the cheetahs and hadn't thrown up or been hit in the face. He was still lowkey scared of embarrassing the group, as they all probably were, but it seemed doable to be able to play a yard game and eat hot dogs without doing irreparable harm. He kept himself busy dragging the plastic frames industriously across the lawn and dumping bean bags in a pile halfway between them.

Somebody please come and play with Abel.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Isolde was still feeling prickly about this. She was loathe to leave Yana’s side at first, but eventually loosened up enough to go check out one of these Jaguars. It would be hard to figure out what kind of people they were without engaging them. She guessed.

Cornhole was a terribly named game but not altogether boring or lame. It was nowhere near as interesting as certain other sports or competitive activities, but... it spoke to her more than giant Jenna.

"Hey," she greeted the jaguar with an even voice, face largely unexpressive as she studied him. "Am I taking anybody’s spot or... can I play?" How elementary of a question it was, and she would grimace internally for having asked it at all.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

One of the cheetahs approached his game, which was a relief, but also he was still kind of nervous because it was one of the very serious and very tall women. (Maybe not very tall, but. Definitely taller than Abel.) He beamed at her and stooped to pick up some bean bags, bouncing slightly on his feet. "Sure, come over! It's um, Isolde, right?" He for sure knew that was her name but wasn't super confident on the pronunciation!
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The man exuded a very genuine sense of friendliness. Isolde eyed his big smile and the energetic movement of him bouncing on his toes. "Yes," she confirmed simply. And he was Abel, but saying it seemed unnecessary. She crouched to pick up some of the bags as well, considering the wooden frames and moving to stand behind one.

"Tell me something interesting about yourself," she prompted him, attempting to keep her voice closer to gentle. Her eyes moved from his face down to the target, and tossed one of the beanbags underhand at it. There was some satisfaction in watching it flop perfectly into the hole.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Abel fiddled with the bags as he watched her throw, and when the bag sunk cleanly into the hole he was overcome with the feeling of outclassed. He let out a startled Oh! and then laughed, rocking back on one foot. "I have a feeling this isn't gonna go good for me."

He watched as she lined up her next throw and tried to come up with a truly interesting answer, not so easy when you were trying to not remember most of the things that had happened to you in the last ten years. He frowned. "I'm not very interesting. I can ride a unicycle, I guess? When I was little I wanted to grow up and join the circus." Also not that little, he had been fourteen. But nobody needed to know that!
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Isolde would allow a small grin as he voiced his concerns. Isolde was no master cornholer, but remained amused all the same. She eyed the board again, but waited to make her second toss until Abel revealed some precious gem of himself. Unicycling was a factoid that did not disappoint, and Isolde made a face that might explain how she was impressed. "Cool," she said, simply but genuinely, as she moved to send the bean bag towards the hole again. She’d thrown it a bit too hard, and though it initially landed on the board, it’s momentum kept it going until it plopped into the grass near Abel’s feet. Wordlessly, she threw the last bag, and was somewhat placated by the fact that it landed on the board this time, one edge hanging precariously into the hole but not going all the way. "I don’t know if I would have the patience for a unicycle."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh