If I'm Not Strong Enough

North Glenn 
"Pretty much, yeah," Lee said with a nod. "Thinks like a bear, acts like a bear. We tend to be a bit bigger than normal bears, but there isn't much different besides that."

There was just one other thing.

Lee took another sip of his coffee. "Certain areas belong to certain species, like North Glenn is official bear territory. It's a good idea to keep your head down if you're ever on someone else's land."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She made a nod. An inner beast didn’t sound too bad. She was pretty good with animals, or liked to think she was.

"What about Red Rock?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hmm.

"Don't think anyone's claimed territory out way," he said, rubbing the back of his neck, "I can shake some trees and check, if you need."

Red Rock had been empty when Lee lived there, but that had been months and months ago.

Maybe Levka would know if any upstart groups had called dips on the dust bowl.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She nodded her head twice. Her gaze drifted a little, thinking; no thoughts came to mind, however. She was exhausted and becoming more tired. As much as she wanted to, she didn’t feel any energy to take a shower or make herself more presentable for when she got home. She would just have to try sneaking in so they wouldn’t see her bloodied clothes.

"Anything else?" she asked. Her eyes returned to his. "There wouldn’t happen to be a book with everything, would there?"

That would be nifty, but she doubted it.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anything else, she asked.

"Silver's a bad idea," he offered, albeit randomly, "And I wish this came with a manual. Our kind play it by ear for the most part, word of mouth and all that."

Before he knew it, Lee had reached the bottom of his mug.

And the caffeine did next to nothing for him.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Another nod was made.

"Okay," she said. "Well, I'm tired, so...." she was going to back to couch and sleep until morning (even though hibernating sounded really good right then).

She moved to walk across the kitchen and back out to the living room.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Alright." Lee raised his mug once Beata departed from the kitchen, all too tempted to pass out on his own bed for a few hours. However, the thought of his progeny making another run for it while he was out was discouraging to put it lightly.

Maybe he would make some breakfast for them when it was closer to dawn.

Care Bear, indeed.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh