Krang

Work Release 
outfit, a cheap tuxedo that makes her look like a catering waiter

Peter stood with her arms crossed, frowning at a giant screen displaying a woman methodically kissing lipstick marks into the ground. She had been standing here five minutes, she thought, and the video hadn't looped. In the age of facebook videos it was frustrating to not know how long this one was, to not be able to skip to the end, bingo! Instant gratification.

On the screen, the woman planted her lips feverishly to the floor, and reapplied lipstick. Again and again and again, each time with an audible thwock as she broke the momentary suction and repainted her lips.

The piece was called There was a time I worshiped the ground you walked on, an artifact of the 90s. Pete continued to frown.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How on Earth did Amber miss this place? The one thing she bemoaned constantly about Colorado was the lack of art studios. She must have spoken too soon, because a quick google search had her speeding over to Bella Vista for what reviews called, "sensational masterworks from the classics to the contemporary."

It certainly measured up to the hype with high ceilings, huge gallery rooms, and a handy little walkthrough guide displayed right at the front table. Eager to explore, Amber picked a random direction and walked in, sandals clicking on the hard wood floor. Her attention was captured by flickering lights coming from a separate room, an art installation perhaps?

Amber entered, curious. The video on the screen played through. Amber squinted at it, trying to understand exactly what she was seeing. The artist bent down to lick(?) the floor again. "Isn't that unsanitary?" She said aloud, mostly to herself, but soon realizing she wasn't alone in the room.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The sound of another human broke her concentration. Pete looked over, a little bewildered, a little caught off guard.

She knew how to make fun of people doing weird things. She had terrorized her peers all through grade school. And the lady in the red carpet dress, spelling a message out on a gallery floor, was obviously absurd. But something about it had stuck at her, and that made it difficult to turn to a stranger and immediately be ready to destroy. In the moment, she settled on a half-smile, looking back to the screen for a moment before studying the newcomer further. "That's what I thought. But I think that's the point."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She took a longer look at the screen, finally noticing the letters spelled out by the - oh they were lipstick kisses - marks. A testament to the 'kiss the ground you walked on' style of devotion.

It was pretty clever actually. Amber could appreciate performance art, especially the ones that packed a good punch of social controversy. This one appeared more for the artist's benefit, and perhaps those who also experienced the pains of a bad breakup.

She'd never felt the need to kiss the dirty ground for any person, ripping pictures and burning their old stuff was more her style. But, whatever makes you happy girl.

Her eyes slid sideways to check out the person standing beside her. Interesting outfit, Amber could dig it. "I see it now. Pretty cool idea, but her face has got to hurt by the end." She sucked her cheeks in, making a silly fish face as the woman reapplied her lipstick on screen once again.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pete gave a sunny laugh at the face, even while thinking, in the back of her head, how wild it was that mortifying yourself, giving yourself lip cramps, was something a bougie crowd would pay you to do. That someone might film it and put up a plaque. It was some new and mysterious subset of humanity that she hadn't known existed.

She would come back to it.

She shook her head, uncrossing her arms with a jaunty swing. "I dunno the first thing about art, so this whole place is pretty wild. I thought art was all about horses and boobie paintings."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kudos to her for at least stepping into the gallery then. Most people who weren't fans of art liked to stick up their noses and walk right by. And out of all the gallery's Amber had been to, this one was probably a nice choice for an art virgin. Only thing better was probably a museum.

She laughed at the girl's summation of art, not a bad one either. "There are plenty of horses and nudity in art. You'd think the old painters were all pervs." That's what she had thought herself, until an art course in high school that changed her opinion for the better. Shout out to Mrs. Mills, hope you doing great teach.

"There's a lot more to it of course, I think there's a type of art for everyone out there." Beauty of art was that is meant different things to different people. Looking at the girl, Amber could't yet pinpoint what her type would be.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Peters smiled slyly, a knuckly finger pointing toward the screen. "Don't tell me she's not a perv, though. I bet this was the best day of her life." Pete of course worked under the assumption that all people were pervs, probably — she sure as hell wasn't innocent. Buuuut this didn't appear to be that sort of conversation. "You know a lot about this stuff?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh