Chirp Chirp

Yellow Pages 
Do you perhaps have time for a chat? A phone call would work just fine, but we should keep this private.
Yana

@Asha Rao
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh no. What had she done wrong, Asha thought to herself as she looked up from Amazon shopping for Abraham's Halloweenday.

Also, what did you do really when someone texts and then says a phone call would work? Do you call them or do you say "sure it's cool" and wait for them to call you?

Well, Asha was a doer, so she did the do.

Incoming call
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Asha, good afternoon.

She tried to sound pleasant, happy - still authentic enough that it didn't sound overly fake. Really it was just an effort to seem neutral, to keep from sending up any unnecessary flags right out of the gate.

I know in the past we've briefly mentioned Avondale and your experience with it ... without sounding too cryptic, to your knowledge is anyone looking to move in next door?
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Avondale. Asha knew a couple of trash heaps in Avondale, sure.

Just a pair of jaguars that didn't get along with us for some reason. Are they making trouble?
Asha

She wondered if Yana had come across Skuld.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That sounds like a story.

She made a point to try her hardest to sound indifferent, to acknowledge that was something that they could perhaps circle back to one day. Terrible people, for all their fuss and headache, had a wonderful way of linking the rest.

But no, I was thinking about vampires. I know you mentioned having friends - I don't expect you to give me their names and addresses. It's none of my business unless they make it so.

She barely hesitated before immediately correcting herself.

I'm aware Mountainside is far from little and vampires are hardly
rare, but Mathis ran into a couple of them and they seemed to have intentions for Avondale. What with Cordova's charming residents in the wind, I'm sure you can understand my concern.
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And it was a story! But Yana wasn't talking about that. Yana was talking about... vampires? Asha listened, and, well, mention of Cordova vampires was a moodkiller for sure.

Mmm.. I don't know anything about vamps that would take Avondale. The ones I am friendly with are all already part of a group.

She was pretty sure? Beau, Ophelia, that old lady who could go invisible.

Did they hurt Mathis?
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thankfully, no.

That at least, she could say with some degree of softness - a measure of relief.

He says they were aggressive though, about their claim to Avondale. I can understand feeling threatened in your own home, but ...

It was really just a matter of having such an unknown neighbor next door, she supposed.

He had shifted, when he met the two of them. No one saw him. thankfully. But apparently, they said it was their land and before they left they made sure to specify that it was a temporary departure.
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That was... well, if you weren't with Beauregard's group then you were probably shitty.

So it was unsettling, already. And yet made to drive the point home that it was good they were teaming up territory with the cheetahs.

Honestly can't imagine what vampires would see in that place. But they'll be bordering me pretty closely, so we could definitely keep an eye out for them. Throw them back in their trailer park.
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She hasn't really expected Asha to light her torch and grab her pitch fork, so the idea vigilance was refreshing to say the least. She nodded to herself, exhaled slowly.

Of course I'll be watching too, I just thought it pertinent to let you know.

At least, she'd want that courtesy.

I might go sniffing about some evening, I'll let you know if I come up with anything interesting.
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can come with you!
Asha

Offered Asha, who was still on a fucking cane. Abraham would probably disapprove. WHATEVER, ABRAHAM.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You'd be up for that?
Yana

Turning inward, she'd be livid if her efforts were turned down. She knew well enough how Asha was doing during the Margaux incident. But it had been weeks, after all ...

We could meet up somewhere, sure.
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes!

God, yes. She needed something, a change from the domesticity. Well... she or her cat needed it, but either way.

Let me know when and where and I'm in.
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm keeping Levka in the loop as well, I'd think the three of us alone should be enough to push back anything unsavory.

Teetering, she considered the idea of splitting up. Thought about the gross overkill that was the three of them moving as one. Still, while she wouldn't outright say it - like hell would she leave Asha unattended until she knew for certain she was just fine.

Tomorrow night, perhaps? I don't want to give them too much time.
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That was sooner than she expected, and yet there was a returning welling up of hubris that had her practically hungering. A quick look at the date and, yep, the full moon was ten days out.

Perfect. I'll meet you at your place and we can go from there?
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sounds good, I'll get the specifics from Mathis. Let me know when you're on the way and I'll make sure we're good to go.
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Definitely. Thanks for letting me in on it, Yana.
Asha

Protecting her own was, after all, exactly the reason she wanted to do this whole group thing to begin with anyway.

Tomorrow night would be fun.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh