Stomp the embers

Yellow Pages 
sometime vaguely after the party, timelines are hard

I've been informed that there may be a clutch forming in Avondale. I know only that it features Amy (the teenager you're both aware of ) and a weak rogue I met previously named Sayed.
They are already in conflict with the local shifters , who are aware they are a separate entity from us. Your thoughts?
Beauregard

Perhaps they'd convince him not to compel some shifters not to go start fires around the area.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dear, dear. Amy seemed to have a knack for getting herself into trouble, didn’t she?

I say to let the shifters deal with them as they see fit, so long as they do not turn their aggressions on our own.

Any clutch foolish enough to let themselves come to conflict so easily will hardly last long enough for us to worry about. Perhaps it will be wise to observe until intervention is necessary.

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh Edvin, so proper. But Raziyya all but jumped at the opportunity to do something useful, guard more proactively.

I could seek them out. Pose myself from some clutch out of Mountainside, say I'm looking to further my options.
Raziyya

They wouldn't be able to tell which clutch she was from.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Two hugely different answers.

Beauregard did not want to lose his Guardian, but he was curious.

And?
Beauregard

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A large risk for little reward, Raziyya. There is no way in telling if they might have the means to determine a lie. We have two of our own capable in that regard, if I am not mistaken?

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She did not care for the subtle suggestion that she might bring Safiya along. The girl was new, and worse, could not shift and fly away should things turn south.

I see an opportunity to gather information. I can take care to cover my tracks.
Raziyya

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Beauregard was uncertain. Taraneh was no expert at covering her tracks.

You should at least bring Greta with you.
I do not recommend making mistakes in this endeavor.
Beauregard

Now would have been a nice moment to have Aiden. Poor stupid boy.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I will always discourage meddling in affairs that do not concern us. But if you must go, I agree that it would be wise not to go alone.

Edvin sighed an unnecessary sigh. There was little sense in collecting information they had no use for. The fact that they were forming in Avondale was as much as one would discover, just in fewer words and with less trouble.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Unfortunately, she refused to bring Greta along as well. In fact:

Any more than one vampire will automatically be suspicious. I imagine their guards will already be up considering they are already facing conflict.
Greta would be better suited guarding in my very short absence.
Raziyya

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edvin stood as firm as he was capable of. Raziyya rejected his idea.

What is the best information you could return with that would make it worth the risk that you don't?
Beauregard

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why were the both of them acting so frustratingly inert?

The size of their group, for one. Number, names.
Their self proclaimed mission. Biases. Perhaps even intentions, if they'll give me those.
Raziyya

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

All things one of the many shifters in the area might be capable of learning. What they know always does come back around to us.

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have serious doubts a shifter can appeal to a forming clutch the same way a vampire can.
And does a shifter somewhere know how many are in our number, all our identities? Burn their tongues off with silver if they do.
Raziyya

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Beauregard was suffering.

He watched the conversation unfold, half hoping it would continue to some conclusion while he merely observed. Instead, the bickering met no real end, and Beauregard knocked a pen off his desk in protest just to watch it fall.

The action did not satisfy.

I don't give my address book to shifters , Raziyya. The only reason I know any of this information is because one shifter does consider me deeply trustworthy.

An important start. It was stupid of her to make assumptions.

If you insist on going, we will first meet so that I can prevent you from saying anything in the event you are somehow compelled to do so. I would far rather you leave with nothing than make a mess. I hope that is very , very clear.
Beauregard

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

For what would they need names and number for, if they had no intention in engaging an already damned Clutch in conflict. If any stepped foot into Lavender Heights, names hardly mattered, and Beauregard would be aware of numbers. Alas, it seemed a decision was being made. Raziyya was set on the idea, and Beauregard seemed both opposed and for it. Edvin would frown and set his phone aside, and turn his attention to Catherine at his lap.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There was utterly no sense of apprehension at the Dominus' words. Raziyya had not come from a life where denying her leaders their chances to suggest anything they wished was even an option. It was only Beauregard's own rules that held her back from freely suggesting others in the clutch herself, save Safiya, for her own protection.

Nonetheless.

Of course. Please let me know when you would like to meet.
Raziyya

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He waited. No word from Edvin. Beauregard would have to be particularly kind to the second in the near future.

Reach out when you would like to go and we will manage it the night of.
Beauregard

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Perhaps "tonight" was too soon.

A week, given there are no further incidents. I don't want them to find the timing to be suspect.
Raziyya

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You know how to reach me.
Beauregard

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh