Whatever I Do

Yellow Pages 
To a fault, Levka was obsessive. When he cared about something, it was difficult to remove his mind from it. These days, the obsessions were few, but no less potent. And when his mind wasn't occupied with the sleuth, it was often occupied with Yana Novik. Normally, this was less of a problem, as it was a mutual affliction, but given their recent disagreement, knowing how to tread this ground was something he wasn't entirely equipped to deal with.

At least the hurt had faded. Another night to sleep on his own foolishness and he could see why she'd snapped at him. Didn't make him love it, didn't make him okay with it. But she was more important than a fleeting grudge, the sort of person he'd heel his pride for. Maybe not at first, but...

Well, new day, new text message.

this me no bein ga strangre
Levka

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This, was a gray area that was hard to navigate - a language as foreign to her as Dutch. How to adequately make it clear that she was still upset without being petty. How to find that sweet spot between unyielding and weak - still far too proud to move on like it was nothing at all. She took a few moments to stare at the message, tried to decide what was pride and what was just reason.

Hello, not a stranger.
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was under no illusions that they'd roll right back into how things had been before without missing any more beats, but well... the response did make him smile a little in spite of himself.

Still, he typed a thing or two, a thought on his mind, before he deleted those and decided to go a little slower, in case rejection was on the books still.

took yoir advise
Levka

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I give a lot of astounding advice. What is it that stuck this time?
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

mesage every oen aboutt the silver
Levka

It just felt relative to their collective interest that she knew he hadn't just let his bears run wild and ignorant.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh.

It felt a lot like grasping at straws, floundering for common ground when a couple days it was second nature.

Good then, I'm glad.
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

os i know youa re mad and this is fime but
was think
better to sorry to face to face
Levka

He knew he was shit at explaining himself in so many words or less. Phone call was fine, but they'd already done that, and it could only go so far.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Who's traveling for this apology, or are we going on an adventure?
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Encouraged, he pressed on.

venture if you do no disaree
i need tim out side if you are wiling to join
Levka

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Like a Labrador, I understand. When and where?
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Relating him to a dog was not the worst thing she'd said to him this week, and so he would let her have her jab. Even if she was rude and obviously knew it. Huff.

So he took a moment to google and confirm something.

everning rrafernoon this week whne you are free
do you wan tto stay in belle vistar ?
Levka

Avondale had the best bet for what he was going for but... nope. Even he wasn't that stupid.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If we go doing the afternoon, then I don't mind coming to you.

She trusted that she didn't have to explain her resistance to the idea of leaving home during the evening hours, especially not so soon after the fact.

If you'd prefer the evening, then yes, I'd like to stay in Belle Vistar
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He understood, even if his own qualms were apparently less. Or maybe it was just a matter of risk versus priority.

Either way. Another couple of minutes to get his google ducks all in a row and...

-link to ranch in Belle Vista with a white picket pumpkin patch and promises of 'other activities' and 'warm cider'-
-link to farm in North Glenn with a 'pay us five bucks and come pick as many pumpkins as one person can carry' vibes-
pick
Levka

The unintentional pun on his own part--completely lost on him.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, this wasn't much of a choice whatsoever. She tried to imagine how many pumpkins two Were's of their standing could hold and ended up on an easy conclusion: a wasteful amount.

Come here. Who on earth would need that many godforsaken pumpkins?
Yana

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He had suspected as much, but it had been amusing to offer anyway.

you coulf make soap
but ok :3
Levka

So intent upon going straight for endearing, he missed critical typo errors, but whatever.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You could use some soap. Tell me what day works best for you and I'll meet you there.
Yana

He definitely meant soup, pity that didn't deter her.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So rude, going after both typos and vanity when she knew full well the latter was a soft spot.

But no point in fighting about it over text, they had plans in the works, and if they were going to hurt each other, face to face at least felt more real.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh