My bird friend

Yellow Pages 
@Beauregard Bertrand

Do all groups have names?
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The questions this woman sent him. He did have news for her, but he supposed it could wait.

All clutches that I am aware of. I cannot answer for shifters.
Beau ❤️

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well according to Yana weres did. So. Good thing she asked both her main leader squeezes.

What's yours named?
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nothing quite so impressive as Bone Hollow. It is charmingly related to the evening hours, but it is unfortunately frowned upon to share such names outside of vampire society. I know one domina who did and I heard she died quite terribly.
Beau ❤️

These two things were, of course, not related.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

His response was a very flowery denial hearkening back to their younger days together. You know. A few months ago. Anyway, Asha responded accordingly.

Oh :(
Guess I can't tell you mine then
Asha

He probably wouldn't even wanna know.

When. They. Came up with one?
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have just skimmed a very large and dusty tome of vampire rules and bylaws , and it appears there are none against learning the names of shifter groups. I am all ears , Asha.
Or eyes, I suppose.
Beau ❤️

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's so unfair :(
Maybe you can guess
Asha

Maybe she could trick him into giving her ideas.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Give me three from the region and I'll guess yours.
Beau ❤️

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't know anyyyyyyy
Asha

Ughhhhhhh Beauuuuuuuu.

It was a lie as of ten seconds ago but like twenty seconds ago she only knew Mackerel Veil and Bone Hollow.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

After much deliberation, my guess is "anyyyyyy."
Beau ❤️

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:(
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He assumed the second message to be a mistake. The third to be clumsiness. But as they continued, he frowned, finding it very irritating and setting his phone on the desk to simply stare at it until it stopped vibrating.

"Know," then ?
Beau ❤️

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NO
Asha

Well now Asha was just gonna throw a tantrum.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She reminded him, in this moment, of Katya.

The thought left him faintly unhappy.

It appears I'm running perilously low on options.
Beau ❤️

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah well you're not running perilously low on MEANNESS
Asha

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I did have good news for you, you know, but I suppose I am too mean to share it.
Beau ❤️

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wehhhh. He was making her fidgety with both wanting to head-slap him catstyle and also wanting to find out what exactly he was now hiding from her.

are you Grand Emperor of the vampires now or something
Asha

Was there another stage after Dominating Man?
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

If only.

Amy, Robbie, Holly (the vampire you toyed with in the planetarium, Regina, Jaxon , Sayed, Pandora. These are the vampires forming a group in Avondale, or so I was told by Sayed, who also says all but he and Pandora decided abruptly to leave. I have taken Sayed into my group. Make sure your friends do not cause him any trouble.
Beau ❤️

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What she expected was good news.

What she got instead was several punches to the gut.

Well. One, Robbie was gone. Just. Gone. Apparently so swallowed up in being a shitty vampire that she just...left, with Fray's murderous ex.

Holly, the vampire who... surely he meant toyed with her, rather than Asha toying with Holly. Asha had been fucking inebriated and Holly had been the one doing that weird... nightmare thing.

And then the biggest gut punch was Sayed, who apparently had appealed to Beauregard in some way. A vampire that knew about silver, now in his group, and probably would share with everyone there how to really hurt a were.

As if mind control and magic powers wasn't enough. Now if someone in his group wanted to fuck up a were for life, no chance of healing back, then this was how to do it. And he was telling her not to mess with his new... whatever you called a member of a group.

All of it was just. A lot.

Asha put her phone down, absolutely uncertain how to respond. Feeling caught between threat her cat felt and her wanting to trust Beauregard and his band. But how.

How are you supposed to feel when your friend takes in someone who'd been stupidly threatened by a fucking half shifted bear on your side.

Well you start shifting, for one. Typing with breaking fingers and all that was hard, but she did her best and he'd probably get offended and what the fuck ever.

ook
Asha

She'd try to fight it for Abraham's sake.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What on earth sort of response was that?

Beauregard began to wonder if perhaps she was under the influence of... catnip or the like. He frowned, hoping she would have offered something considerably better. Some promise to snarl after any of the group that had supposedly vanished. An assurance that she would keep her beasts clear of his newest clutchmate.

Nothing.

"Thank you, Beauregard" would be more appropriate a response in the future.
Beau ❤️

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

His reply felt nothing short of mocking. She didn't have the space in her brain to wonder if he really believed she should be grateful. Asha just left her phone where it was, staggering in a half shift on her way to... meat.

Leftovers in the fridge. Her take on whole roasted chicken but spiced like Indian style. The sight of the carcass was attractive enough for the cat, never mind the colorful flavors.

She didn't even bother taking it out, just kneeled on the ground and reached right in for the top of the body. Half-shifted paw hands brought it right up her face and she crunched into it, wings and ribs and breastmeat and all.

Stay down. Stay. Down. And eventually through some helpful imagery of murdering and also not worrying Abraham more than he probably already was, the cat was huffily listening and pulling back.

She sat on the floor with the remains of the chicken's spine in her hand, looking at it. What did she... do. What should she do.

Sayed might tell him about the fire, if he hadn't already. Would he share the silver thing? If she told Yana, would they just... go after Beauregard and his group.

Fuck. Everything was such a fucking mess.

She made it back to her phone a good twenty minutes later, after washing her hands of meat juices. She'd respond to Abraham first, assuring him everything was alright and a heart besides. She could explain it more to him when she figured out what the fuck she should even say.

Then to Beauregard.

sorry
got a work call and sent text by accident before it was done
Asha

What the fuck could she say. Hey he knows how to fuck us up? Can you promise he's not gonna come swarm us? Or that you won't use his knowledge against us?

What if Beauregard didn't know.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Time passed. Beauregard decided on a walk. He would reply to her message some five or so minutes after she sent it.

What did you intend to say before your phone call?
Beau ❤️

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She didn't want to answer this. Really she just wanted him to have never told her this. What the fuck was she supposed to be grateful for, Beauregard.

Is he going to keep antagonizing us

Beauregard's assurance would mean squat, except if Sayed did do anything Asha would kindly let him know that it meant squat before decapitating the other vampire herself.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Did any of your shifter friends need gaping wounds healed after their encounter with Sayed?
Beau ❤️

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HE ATTACKED ONE OF OURS WITH SILVER, Asha wanted to scream, but she couldn't if she didn't know whether Beauregard already knew that, and her hands felt tied and she was fucking infuriated that he wouldn't just answer the fucking question.

Thank you, Beauregard.

And she was fucking done here if all he wanted to do was play games.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So much better! He knew defeat when he saw it.

You are welcome. He will not put a hand on a shifter unless they strike first, as is our way. Remember the kindness we showed even to your jaguar who came and made threats in our very territory.
Beau ❤️

Sincerely, it was worth every bit for the mental image of that idiot sprinting on foot home. Beauregard laughed for the reminder.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She saw it in her notifications and would not give him the satisfaction of a read receipt. Asha was fucking done on all fronts with both conversations.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She was rude, as was so often the case. If she were any less useful for information, he would be tempted to summon her to the planetarium and strangle her to death.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh