Festive Assembly

Yellow Pages 
Reaching out to Hollis! Easy peasy! Yes. Even though Esperanza was pretty sure the young woman still hated her. She liked to think that she would come around eventually - whether she did or not, until then, she had a responsibility to uphold. She had to take care of the thing she had created. It would be easier if she could pull her into the fold.

Hello Hollis! Can you be free November 17th?
Esperanza

@Hollis Campbell
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The problem with having a deep-seated sense of offense for how life had connected her to Esperanza, was that the woman was saintly. She offered guidance but did not lock her arm and expect obedience, kept a hold that felt enclosed and safe, but not stifling. She also turned her into a giant fucking half-bear that she couldn't control, so apologies for being a little suspicious of every text and attempt to bridge the strategic gap between them.

Why?
Hollis

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A thanksgiving party! I have some friends I’d like you to meet, who would like to meet you. Pretty please? 2_hand_pray
Esperanza

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I take it these aren't nice human friends, right?

The not-so-little bear voice in the back of her head huffed at the idea, perked at the mere concept of a familiar brand of company.

I'd appreciate you being upfront with me.
Hollis

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh no dear, they are all bears. It would do you good to be around them, I think.
Esperanza

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

As much as Baloo seems to be inclined to agree, I don't think I'm being unreasonable by not being thrilled about this Esperanza
Hollis

'I'll go but I don't like it', or even 'I won't enjoy myself' - whatever excuse or complaint she could make, it all felt like juvenile attempts to dig in her heels and tantrum. So instead she just sort of ... waited. Half hoped she could be completely swayed to the idea, half hoped to be dropped from the guest list entirely.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ugh! Hollis was not being entirely unreasonable but a small part of Esperanza still wanted to pap her on the head or something for being so.... Hollis.

There will be free food. Whatever you want, I will ask that it be made for you. And you can leave whenever you wish.
Esperanza

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

November 17th, tell me what time and where and I'll be there for at least forty-five minutes, deal?
Hollis

Finding that when she typed a half hour it felt too short, an hour feeling a lot like a small lifetime. Still, as soon as she pressed send she gritted her teeth and tensed, relaxed only as she flipped her phone over and waited for another ping.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SUCCESS :D

Esperanza made a mental note to text Levka about this, to not lose it in the excitement of this moment. But also, she had to not seem to excited in her response to Hollis - you had to be cool talking to the youth, right?

Deal! I will send you details ASAP 1_face_grin3
Esperanza

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It was a humbling sort of excitement that made her grimace, a stupidly excited cluster of pixels and she felt an immediate and lingering sense of guilt.

Thanks, looking forward to it. 6_drink_champagne_glass
Hollis

She wasn't, Esperanza didn't need to know that.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh