Counting Stars

Mountainside Planetarium 
Open to anyone <3 || Outfit (without jewelry) Hair is in a messy bun.

Her clientele, as well as the locations, was starting to grow. Rory wondered if she should consider hiring extra hands to meet the demand. So far she had been keeping up but maybe, at least, hiring a translator wouldn't hurt. Heck, she could definitely afford to do it. However, she wouldn't know where to start. Maybe put out an ad for one? Either way, it was the end of a busy day and she had finished up with her last client for the night. The last thing she wanted to do was spend the rest of the evening thinking about work.

So there she was, at a place she had never been to, and Rory was quite amazed by how the place looked. Mountainside Planetarium. The structure itself was breathtaking. She couldn't imagine what the inside looked like and as she walked in her lips parted slightly in awe. Ah, it was stunning. She didn't know where to start at first but she eventually found herself at the paintings of the heavens. When she was finished looking at the art she would love to go see the stars and planets but for now, she stared at a painting marveling its beauty.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Beauregard actually did try to avoid hunting in the planetarium. A mistake here would be far more public and with far greater chance to draw attention to the clutch.

But it was difficult to resist a psychic, particularly when the new moon ticked a bit closer each day. And so he began a slow wandering, admiring the exhibits he'd seen many, many times before. He breathed in the heater-warmed air, a bloodhound of sorts as he tracked steadily toward his potential meal.

And at last, there she was. Pretty and young, no less. He could sense her wonder as he neared, and he let his gaze wander to the painting, offering a small hum before sidling up some feet from her.

"Striking, isn't it?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

<3

Rory was mesmerized by what she was looking at. It amazed her what some people could do. If she were to try her hand at drawing or painting anything it wouldn't even come close to the stuff in this building. She almost laughed at the thought of what her own work would look like...It was pretty much like a child who got a hold of some art supplies and went crazy on paper with them. Her work of art was a different category. What she could do in the kitchen was definitely a work of art. She loved cooking and she was excellent at it as well.

It was easy to get lost in your own world, especially when hers was so quiet. It was a blessing and a curse. She was so focused on studying the painting that she failed to notice anyone had joined her and as she turned to move on, without a thought, she lightly bumped into the gentleman that happened to be near her after taking a couple steps. Startled she looked up at the man with her hand covering her parted lips. "Holy Toledo, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" Her hand had moved away from her mouth so she could speak without anything distorting her words.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Not a word in response. Quite truthfully, he was offended, and Beauregard's handsomeness would be lessened by a frown. At very least, she could have acknowledged him, even if it was with a less than favorable response.

He opened his mouth again to express some degree of playful hurt, but she was turning, and quite unexpectedly bumping into him. His eyebrows rose in surprise, but he chuckled to her choice of words. A phrase he hadn't heard in years.

"Just fine, no need to worry," he said warmly. "Mesmerized by the painting, were you?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rory felt rather embarrassed at what happened. She knew better than to move without looking in a public setting. Though, she doubted she had hurt the gentleman seeing as it felt like she bounced off a wall. Blue eyes focused on his lips as he spoke trying to catch the words being spoken. It appeared that he wasn't at all upset, which was a good thing. As for the last part, she believed he said something about her being mesmerized?

"Very much, yes. "A sheepish grin appeared. "The art is just too good. It made me forget I wasn't alone." As she let out a chuckle, she wasn't sure if she should let this person know she was deaf. Even after all these years she still wasn't sure how to make it known to strangers. It just didn't seem pleasing to start a conversation like "Hi, I'm deaf. How are you?" The only time it felt natural was when it was work-related or maybe when she was eating out.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Her eyes fell south of his own, an unfortunate choice. But as she spoke, there was a curious edge to her voice, the words rounding strangely in her mouth.

Beauregard found himself with a hint of a theory. How rude it would be to ask, of course. And far more fun to test.

"Happens to the best of us," he said with a smile.

Then, perhaps cruelly, he turned his head away to obscure his face, gesturing further down the hall.

"All of these high tech exhibits, and yet these are among my favorite."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It was such a relief to see that the gentleman was not mad. There were plenty of times when the similar encounter went the opposite way. She really needed to stop being a klutz.

Catching most of what he said at first, she smiled. "Very true," she said with a smile. However, that smile turned into a very soft frown when the man’s head turned away from her which made it impossible to read his lips. Oh, of course he was talking.

Rory bit her lip with mild frustration. What was she to do now? She leaned to the side to try and get a better angle but no luck and she was sure she looked weird doing that. With defeat she spoke up, either interrupting him or not. "Ah, I...um...I’m actually deaf." And here comes the part where they walk away shortly after, right?
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It was a useful test with a useful result that left Beauregard... very, very curious.

Could he suggest a deaf woman? He supposed it would be challenging given that she'd be looking at his lips rather than his eyes. But Beauregard was interested enough in it all, and it was helped of course by the more than tempting scent of psychic blood.

"Goodness, how rude of me," he said, looking back to her and speaking with mindful enunciation. "I was saying that for all these high tech exhibits, these paintings are among my favorite."

He kept watch of her eyes but expected them to avoid his for the sake of understanding.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rory knew it was rude to never make eye contact with people, her mother would make sure she understood that well, so she would often glance up at their eyes when she was sure she had an idea of what they were saying. She may not catch every word but she usually would, at the very least, get the gist of what people say to her.

Glancing at his lips again, now that he was facing her again, she was finally able to know what he had said before. With a bright smile, Aurora returned her gaze back to the man's eyes. "No surprise there! I have yet to see anything else and these paintings have already captured my heart. I think I can stay here for hours. " It was the truth, honestly. She may not look like someone who would enjoy art such as this but she did.

Aurora was well prepared for this conversation to be short because they usually do once "normal" people find out she's hearing impaired. However, it never stopped her from being a little social. "Do you come here often?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What a pretty thing, all smiles. Beauregard listened to her speak, mind wandering a tad already. Staying here for hours was a common sentiment; the planetarium was made for such a thing, after all.

Her question was good enough conversation, and it indicated exactly that: a desire for continued conversation. Good news for a man like Beauregard, watching her eyes go from his to his lips and back. No suggestion necessary, at least at the moment.

"Very often," he said, then chuckled. "If in part because I work here."

More than that, but he hardly wanted to brag so early. His head tilted some, taking her in thoughtfully.

"Can I ask you something of a personal question?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rory gave the man a look of surprise when she saw that he worked there. Although, now that she thought about it, it would explain the fancy attire he had on. Unless that was how he liked to dress. "I bet it's quite nice to work here." Her mind wandered a little as she tried to imagine what it must be like to work at a marvelous place such as this. Would she become bored of the scenery after seeing it so much?

The movement of his lips brought her traveling mind back. He wanted to ask a personal question and already she was trying to guess what he wanted to know. Normally it was about her hearing or rather lack thereof, in which she wouldn't mind. In fact, she was quite used to those types of questions. There was nothing wrong with being curious, right?

"Sure, go right ahead," she said with a gentle smile
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How obliging. Beauregard appreciated it. She likely received many a question about her deafness, and to be sincere, he had many of his own. But he knew of tact and tackiness, and some inquiries simply had to go unanswered.

This was still a bold question, but his interest in it was far greater.

His voice fell in volume, though he was mindful still to enunciate carefully so that she could follow his words.

"You have some sort of power, don't you? I do too -- I'm curious, as to yours."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rora was ready for the question he had, completely expecting him to ask about her hearing (or lack thereof), when much to her surprise it was something completely different. Her eyebrows twitched upward, exposing her shock from what she read from his lips. She was almost convinced that she had read his lips wrong. Did he know? He must have known. But how did he know? Was that his ability?

Soon she realized her face gave her away, as well as her silence, and there was no point in trying to deny it. Her short nervous chuckle broke the silence before she answered him. "Y-yes. I can move things without physical touch. " She hoped she made her voice low but loud enough for only his ears to pick up. And now she was curious. "Mind if I ask the same?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nervous, how lovely. Beauregard had keen ears for a heightened heartbeat. He still wasn't sure if a suggestion could work on a deaf woman, but it would be a fascinating experiment if he decided to try. For now, she was well behaved,

Her power was one he imagined to be very convenient, and likely quite powerful. How did it work, precisely? Merely summoning, or col

"You're more than welcome to ask, it's only fair," he said, a tad slower than usual to make sure she could read his lips. His voice lowered, though he supposed he could have spoken silently and accomplished just as much. "I can read emotions of those around me. Sometimes nudge them a tad, if I'm lucky."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm sorry I'm so slow. I've been super stressed lately and it's hard on my muse >_>

When it came to talking about her ability out in the open, it always made her a bit nervous. One never knew what would happen if the wrong person found out. Her mother had drilled into her to keep her ability a secret. However, whenever she met someone like her, or so she assumed, she couldn't help but become excited and curious. The urge to stay quiet would always become too hard to ignore. Just like this moment. She had confirmed and even exposed what power she had. Would she come to regret this moment? Only time would tell.

Very curious to learn what he could do, she read his lips with anticipation. Aurora couldn't help but smile at what she found out. He could read emotions, from what she gathered. This would be the second time she came across someone with such an ability but she was pretty sure the other couldn't affect peoples emotions. Did that mean he was better at it? More developed? Rory became even more curious. "Ah!" It was then she remembered to be conscious of the volume of her voice. She glanced side to side to make sure no one was eavesdropping, to the best of her ability. "So if someone was feeling sad you could not only feel it but you could also try and make them feel happy instead as well?" She bet that would come in handy.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

no worries at all!! I hope the stress lets up soon :(

What a concerned little thing, glancing about for some naughty eavesdropper. Some were more shy about their powers than others, and undoubtedly she fell into the more nervous category.

He supposed it was dreadfully hard to sense someone nearby if you couldn't hear them.

"That is precisely it," he said. "How long have you had yours? I imagine that's very useful."

Beauregard sought her eyes, wondering how he could manage a suggestion here. Might as well try, surely, and being near her for some length of time undoubtedly left a sense of hunger.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh