Snowed In

Avondale 

Okay. He was s little nervous. He was never nervous before dates. Well... “not dates.” He knew exactly what he wanted, when he wanted it and how it was to be delivered. But with Marlow, all his rules and expectations were thrown out the window. He was determined to have this date, even with the incoming blizzard. I mean... meteorologists we only 60% right anyway.

On my way now
Vincent

He texted her. Technically he was half way there, stuck behind some old Kia Soul who didn’t have enough gusto to get over a miniature snow drift in there middle of the street. He ground his teeth, wondering if he should just help push her out of the way when suddenly her tires caught magical traction and lurched forward. He breathed a sigh of releif as he followed. If the snow could just hold off until they reached the winery, then that would be wonderful.

By the time he got there, the meteorologist had increased the amount of snow they were getting and one side of his old Ford was covered in frozen snow. He groaned as he parked outside her building. The security was lax. Which meant there was none, and he walked right in the door, stomping his feet on the run to rid himself of the snow, and walked to her door and knocked. Once. Twice. He stuck his hands in his pockets, having failed to bring gloves. Did he mention he was nervous?
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

outfit plus tights

Marlow was anxious. She kept peeking out her first story floor apartment window in search of Vincent. She didn't want to make him wait at her shitty complex longer than necessary. He might get a chance to take in all the dingy details. In fact, she had already been ready waiting for him for the past hour. And when she finally got his text message, she sighed. But only become more anxious. The snow was coming down quick, accumulating much faster than she had thought it would. Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck.

The two knocks on the door made her gasp. He was here. She had been looking out at the street from the kitchen when she heard it. Crawling off the kitchen counter, she quickly made her way to the front door, pulling on her coat and shoes, and grabbing her bag off the hook. Marlow cracked open the door wide enough just so she could slide out and shut it behind her so he couldn't see in the inside. The dreary, mattress on the floor, inside.

"Vincent!" she cheered nervously. Her eyes locked onto his hands in his pockets, "Aren't your hands cold? Do you need gloves?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He would have thought she chickened out, had he not heard her moving around inside. I mean, it wasn’t like he had his hear up to the door, listening, or anything. But he was fairly cold and he would have done anything in that moment to get to somewhere warmer. Especially when he thought he could hear the wind ramming against this poor, almost-run-down building.

She opened the door a crack and he smiled at her, his hands still in his pockets, thawing. At least he brought a coat this time around. And her scarf. He hadn’t wanted to forget that. It was currently in one of his pockets, helping his hand stay warm. He stepped back, giving her more room. Oh... she wasn’t going to invite him in? That was just dandie!

He smiled at her, pulling out her scarf and offering it to her. "I figured I could just use this... you know... since you gave it to me to stay warm all those weeks ago." He didn’t know if his attempt at humor would go over well with the weather being as bad as it was outside. But... he would find out.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She smirked and looked down at her scarf that he pulled out. "Here, put that on and I’ll run inside and get you some gloves," Marlow insisted, she wasn’t going to give him a choice. Turning on her heel she headed back inside, leaving the door cracked open behind her.

It wasn’t a cue for him to follow, but knowing Vincent he would do so anyway unbeknownst to Marlow. She kicked off her boots quickly and ran over to her tiny closet and began to rummage through her sock drawer looking for an extra pair of gloves for the boy to wear. He was so poorly prepared, or intentionally so. Perhaps it was his way of stealing her things from him. The blonde laughed to herself while she successfull located one, now just the other.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He smiled at her back as she went back into her apartment, holding the scarf in one hand. He nudged open the door, but stayed in the doorway, quickly processing what he was seeing. She laughed and he didn't know if that soft chuckle was for him or at him. Either way, he decided not to comment on that. Instead,"Cozy digs you got here." And he meant it. Cozy was good. Cozy meant less to clean and comfort. It was better than something being cold. "You know you don't have to go through all this trouble. I'll be fine."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

His voice behind her startled her as she dug through her dresser. She jumped but quickly gathered herself. "It's an eyesore to look at, don't judge it too hard," she laughed nervously as she successfully found the other glove. Closing the dresser drawer, she made her way back to him, holding out the pair of gray gloves to him.

"It's supposed to be a blizzard out there! Trust me, you need these, dumbass." Marlow looked at him as he stood in the doorway and then gazed right passed him, seeing the snow come down and increasing in accumulation. Suddenly, she heard some rumbling from the archway just outside her door. It sounded like a train was coming crashing through the building. Her eyes widened as she saw the archway over her door outside start to give in, wooden and drywall cracking along with it. Quickly, she grabbed onto Vincent's arm and yanked him inside just before the archway came crashing down from the weight of the heavy wet snow. The force pushed her apartment door slamming behind them. The small avalanche had passed and it was eerily quiet. But.. now what? Marlow rushed to the door and attempted to push it open, but no luck, it didn't even budge, there was too much snow behind it.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Vincent laughed. She always thought that he was judging her somehow. First her phone, then tacos and now her apartment. He shook her head, "Marlow, I've told you before, I would never judge you," he said just as she was coming over with the gray gloves. He held his hand out, knowing that she wouldn't take "no" for an answer. He didn't put them on though. Because he was a man. And stubborn. Okay?

"Oh, I know it's a blizzard. My poor truck just barely made it here...."" he said, right before her heard the sound. Marlow was looking past him and he turned to look, but instead she yanked him toward her, inside the apartment just before the door slammed shut. He almost fell, bracing his hand on the small entryway table before turning around. The lights were off and the place was quiet. What the hell just happened? He went to the door, noticing snow piled up just beyond the crack of the door. He knocked on it. Solid. There was no way the door was opening. Not with that hard thud.

He took a step back, running his hands through his hair before turning to Marlow. "Are you okay? I don't think we are going to get out of here any time soon." No shit Captain Obvious. It was like he didn't even go to school. Not with that sort of observation. Then again, he was more of a technological guy. Not a common sense meets .... whatever... type of guy.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She just stood there all wide eyed staring at the door that could no longer be opened. Her brain was trying to process what had just happened. "No, no, no," she cried out, running up to the door and banging her fist on it, "This can't be happening!" Marlow started to get teary eyed as she realized they were stuck in her apartment. There was also no escape through her windows as they were much too tiny for a human to fit through them. She kicked the door with her bare foot and cursed under her breath. The feeling of claustrophobia started to creep up on her. She wasn't one to spend much time in her small ass apartment for this very reason, and just the look of it made her depressed. At least, at least the lights were out so she didn't have to stare at it any longer, but... the electricity was out!

Marlow looked around, barely able to make out Vincent's face as a small bit of light poured in. She could easily use her power to turn it back on, but.. No. She couldn't. She would wait it out. "I'm so sorry. I should've just met you there then you wouldn't have to be trapped in here with me."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He hadn’t expected her reaction. Maybe a little freaked out but not straight panic. And her emotion took him aback. He took a step back just as she banged in the door. "Marlow. It’s okay. You’re okay," he said l, tryin g to soother her, his hands out in front of him, palms up as if she could clearly see him.

"I didn’t know you were that excited to go out with me," he said, automatically trying for humor. I mean, this wasn’t ideal but it could be fun. Maybe. Unless she decided to hate him forever. "We aren’t going to be stuck in here forever. Once the storm dies down, forst responders will be here," he offered in case she was going to go straight into panic. At least he felt like she was. He never seen her so... disheveled.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She pouted and turned around to see Vincent holding his hands out to help calm her down. A sigh escaped her as she leaned against the door, trying to gather her senses. His humor definitely helped to which she chuckled out a laugh and shook her head at him.

"Well of course I am excited to hang out with you, I’m just embarrassed you have to see where I live, and then know that I work at a fucking ice cream shop. I’ve been thinking about your words of starting over and I just think back to this shitty apartment and my pointless job. I’m embarrassed that I’m so boring and nothing is interesting about me and now you have to be stuck in here with me. And what if I blow a fuse and go sparky sparky boom boom man and ruin everything!"

Er, she stomped rambling at her last words. Way to go Marlow, ramble on about too many things and blow your cover. Not cool beans, not cool beans at all.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was stressed. Sure. But he couldn’t tell her that. He couldn’t let it show either. Because he was a man! He took a step toward her as she rambled, a half smile on his lips, until she started talking about sparks, and then about blowing her cover.

He didn’t know she hadn’t said the words, it sounded loud and clear to him. A small, breathless laugh parted his lips as he took another step toward her, slowly reaching out to touch her arm reassuringly. "Marlow, what are you talking about? What ‘cover’? I don’t care about where you work or what you’re apartment looks like. I just want to hang out with you. I have since the moment I met you."

Okay. Emotions weren’t really his things. But he felt like he needed to say it. He needed to tell her the truth and then maybe she would just calm down. If she could calm down, then maybe he could calm down and they could figure this whole thing out.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Okay. It seemed like it didn't bother him. She took a deep breath and nodded. Right, right. She was just being a little dramatic. Marlow quickly shrugged off her nerves. He was right. It didn't matter where she lived or worked. She fucking earned this money herself. Hell yes. QUEEN. She frowned at him slightly, aware of her unnecessary outburst. "Okay, you're right. We're stuck here and we just gotta wait it out. And you get to hang out with me. I'm awesome. Let's drink."

She pushed herself up off her front door and slide a few feet over into her tiny kitchen, searching her booze cabinet for something worthy of their dilemma. Booze would help calm her nerves and worst case scenario keep her warm once it started to get cold. "Might as well step on in and get comfortable, Veencent."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh