Snowed In

Avondale 
Outfit!
@"Marlow Zimmerlee"

Okay. He was s little nervous. He was never nervous before dates. Well... “not dates.” He knew exactly what he wanted, when he wanted it and how it was to be delivered. But with Marlow, all his rules and expectations were thrown out the window. He was determined to have this date, even with the incoming blizzard. I mean... meteorologists we only 60% right anyway.

On my way now
Vincent

He texted her. Technically he was half way there, stuck behind some old Kia Soul who didn’t have enough gusto to get over a miniature snow drift in there middle of the street. He ground his teeth, wondering if he should just help push her out of the way when suddenly her tires caught magical traction and lurched forward. He breathed a sigh of releif as he followed. If the snow could just hold off until they reached the winery, then that would be wonderful.

By the time he got there, the meteorologist had increased the amount of snow they were getting and one side of his old Ford was covered in frozen snow. He groaned as he parked outside her building. The security was lax. Which meant there was none, and he walked right in the door, stomping his feet on the run to rid himself of the snow, and walked to her door and knocked. Once. Twice. He stuck his hands in his pockets, having failed to bring gloves. Did he mention he was nervous?
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

outfit plus tights

Marlow was anxious. She kept peeking out her first story floor apartment window in search of Vincent. She didn't want to make him wait at her shitty complex longer than necessary. He might get a chance to take in all the dingy details. In fact, she had already been ready waiting for him for the past hour. And when she finally got his text message, she sighed. But only become more anxious. The snow was coming down quick, accumulating much faster than she had thought it would. Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck.

The two knocks on the door made her gasp. He was here. She had been looking out at the street from the kitchen when she heard it. Crawling off the kitchen counter, she quickly made her way to the front door, pulling on her coat and shoes, and grabbing her bag off the hook. Marlow cracked open the door wide enough just so she could slide out and shut it behind her so he couldn't see in the inside. The dreary, mattress on the floor, inside.

"Vincent!" she cheered nervously. Her eyes locked onto his hands in his pockets, "Aren't your hands cold? Do you need gloves?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He would have thought she chickened out, had he not heard her moving around inside. I mean, it wasn’t like he had his hear up to the door, listening, or anything. But he was fairly cold and he would have done anything in that moment to get to somewhere warmer. Especially when he thought he could hear the wind ramming against this poor, almost-run-down building.

She opened the door a crack and he smiled at her, his hands still in his pockets, thawing. At least he brought a coat this time around. And her scarf. He hadn’t wanted to forget that. It was currently in one of his pockets, helping his hand stay warm. He stepped back, giving her more room. Oh... she wasn’t going to invite him in? That was just dandie!

He smiled at her, pulling out her scarf and offering it to her. "I figured I could just use this... you know... since you gave it to me to stay warm all those weeks ago." He didn’t know if his attempt at humor would go over well with the weather being as bad as it was outside. But... he would find out.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She smirked and looked down at her scarf that he pulled out. "Here, put that on and I’ll run inside and get you some gloves," Marlow insisted, she wasn’t going to give him a choice. Turning on her heel she headed back inside, leaving the door cracked open behind her.

It wasn’t a cue for him to follow, but knowing Vincent he would do so anyway unbeknownst to Marlow. She kicked off her boots quickly and ran over to her tiny closet and began to rummage through her sock drawer looking for an extra pair of gloves for the boy to wear. He was so poorly prepared, or intentionally so. Perhaps it was his way of stealing her things from him. The blonde laughed to herself while she successfull located one, now just the other.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He smiled at her back as she went back into her apartment, holding the scarf in one hand. He nudged open the door, but stayed in the doorway, quickly processing what he was seeing. She laughed and he didn't know if that soft chuckle was for him or at him. Either way, he decided not to comment on that. Instead,"Cozy digs you got here." And he meant it. Cozy was good. Cozy meant less to clean and comfort. It was better than something being cold. "You know you don't have to go through all this trouble. I'll be fine."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

His voice behind her startled her as she dug through her dresser. She jumped but quickly gathered herself. "It's an eyesore to look at, don't judge it too hard," she laughed nervously as she successfully found the other glove. Closing the dresser drawer, she made her way back to him, holding out the pair of gray gloves to him.

"It's supposed to be a blizzard out there! Trust me, you need these, dumbass." Marlow looked at him as he stood in the doorway and then gazed right passed him, seeing the snow come down and increasing in accumulation. Suddenly, she heard some rumbling from the archway just outside her door. It sounded like a train was coming crashing through the building. Her eyes widened as she saw the archway over her door outside start to give in, wooden and drywall cracking along with it. Quickly, she grabbed onto Vincent's arm and yanked him inside just before the archway came crashing down from the weight of the heavy wet snow. The force pushed her apartment door slamming behind them. The small avalanche had passed and it was eerily quiet. But.. now what? Marlow rushed to the door and attempted to push it open, but no luck, it didn't even budge, there was too much snow behind it.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Vincent laughed. She always thought that he was judging her somehow. First her phone, then tacos and now her apartment. He shook her head, "Marlow, I've told you before, I would never judge you," he said just as she was coming over with the gray gloves. He held his hand out, knowing that she wouldn't take "no" for an answer. He didn't put them on though. Because he was a man. And stubborn. Okay?

"Oh, I know it's a blizzard. My poor truck just barely made it here...."" he said, right before her heard the sound. Marlow was looking past him and he turned to look, but instead she yanked him toward her, inside the apartment just before the door slammed shut. He almost fell, bracing his hand on the small entryway table before turning around. The lights were off and the place was quiet. What the hell just happened? He went to the door, noticing snow piled up just beyond the crack of the door. He knocked on it. Solid. There was no way the door was opening. Not with that hard thud.

He took a step back, running his hands through his hair before turning to Marlow. "Are you okay? I don't think we are going to get out of here any time soon." No shit Captain Obvious. It was like he didn't even go to school. Not with that sort of observation. Then again, he was more of a technological guy. Not a common sense meets .... whatever... type of guy.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She just stood there all wide eyed staring at the door that could no longer be opened. Her brain was trying to process what had just happened. "No, no, no," she cried out, running up to the door and banging her fist on it, "This can't be happening!" Marlow started to get teary eyed as she realized they were stuck in her apartment. There was also no escape through her windows as they were much too tiny for a human to fit through them. She kicked the door with her bare foot and cursed under her breath. The feeling of claustrophobia started to creep up on her. She wasn't one to spend much time in her small ass apartment for this very reason, and just the look of it made her depressed. At least, at least the lights were out so she didn't have to stare at it any longer, but... the electricity was out!

Marlow looked around, barely able to make out Vincent's face as a small bit of light poured in. She could easily use her power to turn it back on, but.. No. She couldn't. She would wait it out. "I'm so sorry. I should've just met you there then you wouldn't have to be trapped in here with me."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He hadn’t expected her reaction. Maybe a little freaked out but not straight panic. And her emotion took him aback. He took a step back just as she banged in the door. "Marlow. It’s okay. You’re okay," he said l, tryin g to soother her, his hands out in front of him, palms up as if she could clearly see him.

"I didn’t know you were that excited to go out with me," he said, automatically trying for humor. I mean, this wasn’t ideal but it could be fun. Maybe. Unless she decided to hate him forever. "We aren’t going to be stuck in here forever. Once the storm dies down, forst responders will be here," he offered in case she was going to go straight into panic. At least he felt like she was. He never seen her so... disheveled.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She pouted and turned around to see Vincent holding his hands out to help calm her down. A sigh escaped her as she leaned against the door, trying to gather her senses. His humor definitely helped to which she chuckled out a laugh and shook her head at him.

"Well of course I am excited to hang out with you, I’m just embarrassed you have to see where I live, and then know that I work at a fucking ice cream shop. I’ve been thinking about your words of starting over and I just think back to this shitty apartment and my pointless job. I’m embarrassed that I’m so boring and nothing is interesting about me and now you have to be stuck in here with me. And what if I blow a fuse and go sparky sparky boom boom man and ruin everything!"

Er, she stomped rambling at her last words. Way to go Marlow, ramble on about too many things and blow your cover. Not cool beans, not cool beans at all.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was stressed. Sure. But he couldn’t tell her that. He couldn’t let it show either. Because he was a man! He took a step toward her as she rambled, a half smile on his lips, until she started talking about sparks, and then about blowing her cover.

He didn’t know she hadn’t said the words, it sounded loud and clear to him. A small, breathless laugh parted his lips as he took another step toward her, slowly reaching out to touch her arm reassuringly. "Marlow, what are you talking about? What ‘cover’? I don’t care about where you work or what you’re apartment looks like. I just want to hang out with you. I have since the moment I met you."

Okay. Emotions weren’t really his things. But he felt like he needed to say it. He needed to tell her the truth and then maybe she would just calm down. If she could calm down, then maybe he could calm down and they could figure this whole thing out.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Okay. It seemed like it didn't bother him. She took a deep breath and nodded. Right, right. She was just being a little dramatic. Marlow quickly shrugged off her nerves. He was right. It didn't matter where she lived or worked. She fucking earned this money herself. Hell yes. QUEEN. She frowned at him slightly, aware of her unnecessary outburst. "Okay, you're right. We're stuck here and we just gotta wait it out. And you get to hang out with me. I'm awesome. Let's drink."

She pushed herself up off her front door and slide a few feet over into her tiny kitchen, searching her booze cabinet for something worthy of their dilemma. Booze would help calm her nerves and worst case scenario keep her warm once it started to get cold. "Might as well step on in and get comfortable, Veencent."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Queen yes... she was one. At least to him. And honestly, that was the only opinion the mattered. If she were to look at him then, his amber eyes would have started to darken into a starlit blue, but the light was dim and she was too busy trying to recover for her to notice. A chuckle escaped as she brought up drinking. The poor girl was just so... frazzled. He had never seen her like this and it was kind of... refreshing in a way.

So she didn't have her shit together. Well, guess what. Neither did he. "Sounds like a plan to me." he said as he watched her meander over to her kitchen in search of alcoholic beverages. He took off his shoes and coat, leaving them at the front door so he didn't get melted snow all over her floors. No one liked stepping in cold ass water when they were walking around barefoot.

"So, bartender Marlow, what are you going to get cooking for the both of us? Straight Vodka? Beer? Dare I say....wine?" He asked when he finally walked the few feet to the kitchen, the frame outlined by the dim light the window brought in.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"If you like bottom shelf wine, then yes," she snorted up at him as she sat down on the ground and looked into her cabinet. Marlow pulled out a bottle of, indeed, cheap red wine, and a half bottle of Deep Eddy grapefruit vodka. "Pick yer poison," she said standing up with both bottles in tow, setting them on the counter and yanked down her dress to put it back in place.

While he made his decision, she pulled out a couple of glasses from the top cabinet, "Bringing the party to us," she laughed quietly as she leaned her back against the counter and resting her elbows on the surface. Marlow pulled out her phone from her pocket and flipped it open, quickly calling the front office of her complex to see if anyone would answer and send help to dig them out. But the line was dead and no luck. She furrowed her brows and slide the phone onto the kitchen counter.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He smiled as she pulled out what she had. Vodka or cheap wine? Well, cosindering that he was somewhat of a wine conseur, he didn’t want to ruin the taste. "Vodka it is. Should we play a game?" he said, bringing the bottle closer to him and unscrewing the cap. He poured them both a double before setting it down on the counter and holding her drink out to her, never seeming to take his intense, and steady gaze from her.

Not that he could completely see her facial expressions considering the dim lighting. But it was better than nothing. There is always the classic "Never Have I Ever..." a slight smirk was given. Finger tapping against his own glass thoughtfully before taking a sip. Not terrible. It went down smooth enough. Dangerous. This was dangerous territory.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

To her surprise, he picked vodka. She wriggled her eyebrows at him and watched him as he poured themselves, she gulped, doubles. Okay, he was starting out strong. Marlow had to take up the competition though. Could this boy outdrink her? She smirked and picked up her glass and held it out a bit towards him. Instead of cheering, he wanted to play a game. Immediately her interest was sparked.

"A game you say?" Okay, she could play along with his little game. "Fine, tell me the rules to this game then," Marlow smiled, watching him take a tiny sip of the grapefruit vodka. Snickering, she didn't dare take a sip. It would've made her get cold feet, an amateur's move.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh yes... maybe they didn’t have this type of game where she was from. Or maybe it was called something different. He leaned against the counter on one hip, facing her. "It’s simple. I say something I’ve never done and if you’ve done it, you take a drink. Then it’s you’re turn. I can go first... " he said , continuing to tap the glass and thinking of a question.

The fact of the matter, was that Vincent had done a lot of things. Legal and illegal. And how well did she want to know him? Well, he guessed they were going to find out. "Never have I ever been to a country in Africa." Then he looking toward her glass expectingly. She would drink... for obvious reasons.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The rules seemed easy enough and she quickly agreed to the them, but when his first turn was such a cheap shot, she scrunched her face up at him. "Okay, wow. So that's how this is going to be, huh?" Fine. He wanted to play dirty, she could play dirty too. Marlow reluctantly took a sip from her glass, her face remained scrunched up from the burn of the sweet, sweet booze.

"Okay, asshole, come sit and get comfy. I'm going to get you drunk, mate," she turned on her heel and motioned him to follow her the three steps back to the living/bedroom area. She could sit on her bed, and motion for him to take the recliner. "Never have I ever, spent a spring in America." Marlow narrowed her eyes at him and smirked.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He smiled deviously. So, she understood the game and now the fun can begin. "Well, I had to make sure it was understandable! Besides. Now we’re even since I already had one." but he took the bottle on the way to the main room and settled down on the recliner. He put the open bottle in between them on the floor. They might as well drink from the bottle at this rate.

Still he took a drink, not being a sour sport. "Never have I ever been shopp-lifted." Because there was no reason to shop lift. Especially when he could just buy it with illegal funds from doing illegal things for people. But still, he wanted to see if the dirty-mouthed angel wasn’t as angelic as she seemed to be.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was ambitious, bringing the straight bottle in. Marlow settled into her bed, pulling a blanket over her lap. She made a mocking noise aimed at him, shaking her head back and forth.

But his next turn made Marlow turn a bit sour. "Seriously? You've never shoplifted? Making me seem like such a bad influence, dude," she said, picking up her glass. Gulping, she brought it to her lips and took a sip. The burning wasn't as friendly this time. She made a face and squirmed in place. Taking a deep breath, she took a moment to think of her next question, hoping to strike him where it hurt!

"Fine. Never have I ever... snooped through a stranger's belongings," she countered, raising an eyebrow. Your move, Vincent. "Wait, shit. I take that back!" Marlow had definitely, snooped through a stranger's belongings.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Vincent smiled, a devious smile. It was all about asking the right questions. No, he never shop-lifted. Not in a store. But electronically for information. "Mmm, I’m not innocent. You just have to ask the right questions." A chuckle escaped and he resisted the urge to take a sip just to take one. Instead, he waited for her turn and was about to raise a glass to her statement when she told him to stop.

Brows rose, glass poised in front of him. His amber gazed looked her over as best as he could before tilting his head. "Did you come up with something better to ask?" he wondered what it was. "This is you’re o let take back! No others." Cheater. Then again... she had snooped through other people’s things.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He paused at her command as she shook her hands frantically.

"Ah, fuck it. I'll drink to it, " she sighed, shrugging her shoulders and tipped the glass back to take a swig. The alcohol burned in her gut. She was already starting to feel it. Goddamn, she couldn't get this tipsy this quickly in front of Vincent. She was a pro. Duh. "I'm definitely a snooper," she admitted with a laugh, refilling their glasses to start another round of questions. "And apparently so are you."

Meanwhile, she looked over her shoulder and peeked out the tiny window. The snow was still furiously coming down. Watching the thick flakes fall down, send shivers down her neck making her pull the blanket up around her shoulders.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He couldn't help the coy smile that graced his features as she drank. At least she was an honest game-player. He couldn't stand anyone who was a cheat. He took a sip in answer. "I work in technology for a living. It's what I'm paid to do," he admitted before sitting back against the warm cushion.

"Never have I ever .... worn crocs." Please don't drink to that, he thought as he looked at her, his head tilting in question. It was the fad a couple of years ago. Seemingly everyone, and their children, owned at least one pair. There were even different colors. People walking around in molded foam with holes in them. Seriously, that could not be good for the environment.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"You snooper!!" she blurted out followed by a rush of giggles. The alcohol was starting to get to her. When did she eat last? Ugh. She held her glass carefully in her hand, to not spill it's liquid.

At his next turn, she scrunched up her nose immediately, "God no. Kill me if you ever catch me wearing them, ok?" Marlow shook her head and pulled her blanket further up around her shoulders. Was it getting cold in here? Wasn't alcohol supposed to warm her up? The blonde carefully set her drink down, "Are you cold? I'll make the heat turn back on," she said, rising up from her set on her mattress and shuffling through the dark apartment. It didn't quite occur to her that he would be quite curious about how she was going to go about that considering the power was still out..
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She was cute. And she really had no idea how big of a snoop he was. Hacking. It was his thing. He leaned back, almost thinking she’d take a swipe at him. She didn’t though and ended up giggling instead. Eyebrows rose as he watched her, unable to smile himself.

Oh thank God. "If you wore Crocs. That’d be a hard pass for me. Hard pass," he said with a small smile at how quick the alcohol was already working for her. Vincent could feel it buzzing around his body like a bee, but instead Marlow coming up with a come back, she mentioned the electrical. "Um... a little? But the power is out everywhere Marlow. Unless you have a generator..." he stood, turning to follow her and tripping over a corner of her bed. "Oh fuck."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Still laughing, she headed towards the kitchen to open up the electrical box. Hearing Vincent shuffle behind her, she looked over her shoulder and smiled, "Don't worry, I got it!" Marlow waved a hand at him while she opened the gray box up. Her eyes gazed across all the switches, a finger pacing them gently.

"I'm sure we both have plenty of secrets, mate," she mumbled, her finger catching on the main power switch. She hesitated for a secret, before trying to block the view with her shoulders and torso. Focusing a bit of energy through to her finger, she touched the switch to send her focused bit of energy right to it. The lights flickered on... but then went dark.

"Fuck," she cursed under the breath, catching a quick glance at Vincent.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No. Unless she had a generator, there was absolutely no way to get the power back on. It was that simple. Next thing you know, the lights flickered and then come Marlow’s exclamation.

Vincent shook his head, "Marlow come on. You’re going to hurt yourself. Especially if it decides to circuit." he walked toward her, but she was doing a good job shielding the box. "We could go back to playing our game and if worse comes to worse we can just use our body heat to warm up. You know, for survival purposes." Slick Vin. Slick.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She shook her head. She was too thick headed to take his advice.

"Just let me try again, okay?" Marlow shook her hand and prepped for another surge of energy. "Besides, we can do that anyway, heat or no heat." She was referring to his comment about body warmth sharing. She laughed to herself and returned to her focusing. This time she would make the surge a bit bigger.

Taking a deep breath, she carefully brought her finger up and let the energy be released. The lights flickered again and after a short moment... they flickered and stayed on. Her smile widened on her face. Ah-ha! Her excited gaze turned towards Vincent, her smile enough to be contagious.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Vincent took a few more steps toward her, quiet due to the lack of shoes and watched as she tried again. But her fingers didn’t move, at least.... he didn't see them. He frowned as the lights flickered back on and stayed on.

She turned toward him then, smiling and he wanted to smile with her. He did. And the corners of his lips certainly curled upward, but he was barely breathing as he looked from her to the box. "Show me how you did that..." he said, his voice soft, but not quite a whisper. He didn't know what to thing... but his mind went back to the flickering lights in the ice cream shop. They hadn't wanted him to touch it then either.

Coincidence? Or.... he couldn't say she was a vampire. And shifters didn't have that ability. At least all the lore he read about and information that was on the news didn't say anything about it. He glanced up to look her in the eye, seeking the truth. something that would makes sense.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Marlow's smile didn't take. The corners of her mouth slowly drooped downwards into a slight frown. "I just flicked the switches a couple of times, that's all.." she said slowly and quietly. It was a poor excuse considering the weather conditions outside and the lack of power everywhere else. She gulped. Closing the box quickly, she tried to scoot around him to go back to the living area.

She shoved her hands inside of her sleeves to keep them hidden, "Do you wanna continue our game?" Her eyes didn't drift back to his though she could tell he was trying to catch her attention.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"That’s literally not possible..." he said. His voice void of any emotion as he simply stared at her. She wouldn’t meet his gaze, the number one sign of someone not being honest. He didn’t know how he could focus on a game when this mystery was right in front of him. What did she do?

"Why were the lights flickering in your shop that day?" he asked, ignoring her question completely. He could feel the alcohol buzzing around in his system. He followed her into the room, placing a hand on the back of the recliner but not sitting down. He needed answers.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Marlow sighed and rubbed her forehead gingerly. Tipsy Marlow was a stupid Marlow. "I just gave it a shot to see if the electricity came back on, maybe it was a fluke and I did nothing," she shrugged her shoulders dramatically. He needed to back off. He was sending her into a nervous frenzy. She fidgetted with her fingers and she plopped down on her mattress, crossing her legs.

But, she couldn't hold it any longer. It would be safer to tell him perhaps... She looked up at him and tried to meet his gaze while he leaned against the back of the recliner. "I'm just worried about what you might think of me, especially with all your vampire talk."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Vincent watched her sit down on the mattress and wring her hands. Of course that was a sign that someone was guilty of something. The nervous energy could be cut with a knife and he let it fester. He didn't say anything as she spoke, instead watched her and met her gaze steadily. He clenched his jaw, working through everything that he knew about her. How could someone this perfect be so... tainted? 

She wasn't a vampire. And as far as he knew Weres didn't have whatever she had. Hell, she had messed with the circuits as if she had that power buried within her. It didn't make sense. "Are you human?" he asked, his voice bland, void of any emotion as he looked at her, waiting for her response. He didn't carry his trinkets with him into the apartment. They were out in the truck and he would have to weather this alone.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She was startled by his question. Was she human? Her eyes went wide at his voice. Something was definitely wrong, he was so void of emotion and it scared her. "O-of course, I am!" Marlow shook her head, feeling quite defeated. "I'm not a vampire, I can tell you that! You've seen me in the day time," her lips turned down into a frown. This was a bad idea. The alcohol still buzzed in her system, while she looked up at him with desperate eyes.

He was so quiet and it made her even more nervous. Fidgetting her in seat, she shook her head at him, "You believe me, don't you? I would never hurt you!"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It was the calm before the storm. That sense of nothingness that overtook him. No. She wasn't a vampire, but she could be one of those Were things. Werewolves? Weretigers? Wasn't that the creature that had been on the news? Unless vampires could was in the sun, then she wasn't one of those. And she ate food... but what if they could also eat food and everything they knew about them was a lie just to help them survive? It was quite possible.

"Then tell me the truth," he said, hoping that she would this time. It wasn't like he could leave here here. He couldn't leave at all. They were stuck in this apartment until they were dug out. The door wasn't budging and no one was getting through that tiny window except ... maybe a bird.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The truth? He wanted the truth and she wasn't even sure what it was. Marlow lowered her head and shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know what to say," she sighed, "I just kind of woke up one day with these weird abilities." Her gaze shifted down to her hands as she closed them tightly into fists.

"I didn't ask to be like this, whatever this," she gestured at herself, "whatever this is." She knew Zach had powers and a few others, but that didn't mean she knew what they were. Superheroes? She snorted. Definitely not.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh