In the Interest of Full Disclosure

Yellow Pages 
Hey.
You hire anyone lately?
Alex

Not necessarily smooth but it got all the necessary information across and that was all that mattered.

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Interesting question.

Yep
Why?

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hendrix Houpt? I know him.

It was more or less confirmed but it still made her grimace as she rubbed her face, reminded herself that Kai was no rookie - this was fine.

I'd appreciate it if we could try out level best not to maul him.
Alex

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ugh. What a stupidly small world.

2_hand_thumbs_up

He wasn't terrible. She had worse employees for sure. As long as he kept it up, she wouldn't bite him.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, well, well - fuck you too, bud.

She stared at the stupid thumbs up, jabbed at her screen a bit harder than she needed to.

2_hand_thumbs_up
There;s another one of us in town, btw. I didn't mention you, since you don't need people.
Alex

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kai very nearly rolled her eyes up into the back of her skull.

So sweet of you.

This sent, of course, as she pointedly ignored the stupid mutt in her brain that wiggled at the brief mental image of another like it self.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Does it ever get tiring, being dedicated to being as absolutely lousy and miserable as you can?
Alex

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Aw. Poor, sensitive Alex.

I would think someone who used to torture people for a living should know the answer to that.

Low blow? Probably. There was no room for the little twinge of guilt that tried to weasel its way in after she hit send.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Used to, you're always and forever a fucking asshole, Kai.
Alex

And yeah, some things weren't easy to pardon, maybe even impossible to forgive. But ... she set her phone down hard and went to ... try not to lose her shit.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She was probably definitely an asshole. But knowing she had probably struck a nerve in that woman made her feel... good. Oops. Petty victory achieved, Kai would refrain from responding.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh