sing a little sunshine song

North Glenn 
outfit and a hiking bag
@Charlie

The weather was finicky, as spring time tended to be, but it could be worse. It was good enough, at any rate, to trek up the side of a mountain on some trail less trodden with her boyfriend and find a little place to get catty. It was a good activity, generally calm, mostly safe, and hopefully far away from other people, particularly the human and undead type.

The path was narrow, but not so much so that they could not walk side by side, and of course Isolde would not go without interlacing her fingers between Charlie's as long as was appropriate. As long as the path was steady, there she would be, and her beast would be all but plastered to Timeshare's side as well, aware of the promise of freedom and a little more anxious for it.

"This is nice," she remarked, after some gentle conversation, trying to keep it together until they got to whatever destination they sought. "Thanks for coming with me."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It really was nice. Even with what they were planning to do--planning a shift was still something he had yet to really embrace--he felt unreasonably happy. Just being here, with her... "Oh please, you know that I would just been bummed out if I found out later you'd gone hiking without me." Cat-intention or not, he was a hiking sort of man. Not as much as he had been--he'd had less and less need for adrenaline that came with mountain biking in his life too. But still...

He used their interlaced hands to reach back and tap her butt with his knuckles, intentionally stepping his steps a bit in towards her, to disrupt her casual path along the trail.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Isolde grinned for his response, side-eyeing him playfully, thinking about some remark about how she'd have to glue him to her side. As much as she loved him, that seemed unpleasant, and anyway she would be distracted by the knuckles bouncing off her flank as he steered them off the dirt and towards the brush. "Hey!" she protested, but without malice, leaning her weight sharply into him in an attempt to keep from tilting off into the treeline. "Not yet!" And her other hand would dive towards his body, hoping to find that sweet spot of ticklishness in a cheap bid for victory.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She didn't quite managed to snag the spot, but he knew what she was going for and he stepped sharply away--though he he kept her hand and as a result pulled her back cleanly into the middle of the narrow trail. "Hey now, you can't say not yet and then go for my weak spot!" But it was all good, in spite of how this time of the month made their nerves strange and easily plucked, even among the most agreeable company.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He played a proper game of keep-away, apparently, even as he tugged her back away from careening off the path. She grinned at him with a wrinkled nose, bumping her shoulder against him. Her own beast would very happily come out any moment now to continue this game after making up for the caloric cost it would take. "I meant not yet for me, but I thought you might need a jump start." Her words came with a little snicker, and very suddenly she released his hand to dash forward along the path, perhaps an unspoken challenge, and absolutely a little way to release some of the steam building up inside her.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"A ju--" he started to echo, but then she was off like a bolt, here one second and dashing off the next. It tore the words right from him, replacing them with incredulity of a less vocal sort. With Timeshare so close to the surface anyway it was practically instinct to take off after her, doing his best to not step on anything in the trail that might twist an ankle. Though hey, minor injury would probably be a good trigger right now, too.

"You're too quick for me!" complained one cheetah to another.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh