Sunflower

Belle Vista 
Mathis chuckled at the agreement, and wrapped himself firmly around Frank as he headed toward the steps. Likely not the safest, but he trusted Frank's strength. "You're the king of the pool, and I'm the Princess Bride now, hm?" He teased him for his word choice, and prepared to be incredibly offended if Frank did not get the reference. It would definitely be something that he would fix immediately. He'd wait until they were out onto the poolside to move to place his feet on the ground, though he stayed with his chest at Frank's back and arms wrapped around his shoulders.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Legs wrapped around him and Frank made to help support and hold onto Mathis as they went up the stairs, leaning forward some to help with gravity. At the comment, he chuckled some, understanding the reference. “You’re correct.” The outside air was cool as water dripped off, but within moments, it felt like he was defrosting while picking the way a few steps across the outside of the pool.

Once Mathis shifted to get down, he was a bit surprised to have him still holding close after the fact, but it was nice. Moving his head over the shoulder to see if he could look at him some, Frank spoke up. ”Y’know, I don’t think I’ve seen that since I was a kid... or at least it's been a good long while. I think that's the only quote I know.”
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, at least he wasn't entirely clueless. Mathis' eyes squinted all the same, a small smirk forming as he picked his head back some and eyed Frank, "I'm not calling you old, but..." He let that sit for a beat, "That's too long of a time. What, fifty, sixty years?" He followed up, and moved to release his hold so that he could skirt away and move at a brisk pace toward where they'd left towels hanging over chairs.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

‘Not calling you old’ had him knitting his brows, waiting for the drop here. The fact that that all led up to an old joke had his face immediately in surprise. You’ve gotta be kidding!

As Mathis suddenly let go and quickly left the vicinity to head towards towels, he turned and went after him with a big inhale. “I’m not even fifty yet,” Frank called after him, picking his way over as fast a walk as he dared with wet feet.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A mischievous smirk twisted the corners of his lips up as he made it to the towels, and he swiped one as Frank defended his age. Their difference in age honestly was one of the last things he'd taken into consideration when he began to assess his feelings on Frank. It was significant entirely in the way it sounded or looked in writing, but it hardly felt it. Still, it was harmless to tease about it, right?

Instead of taking the towel he pulled for himself, he turned and tossed it toward Frank. "Keep up!" He taunted with a laugh, and grabbed another towel before scampering some feet further, toward the back door.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That elicited no response. The audacity. Coming up to the chairs, Frank hastily caught the sudden towel being thrown his way. It seemed Mathis was heading inside so he’d have to do his best to stop him. “Come back here,” he huffed, but there was nothing really serious in tone about it, trying his best not to just laugh as he followed.

Turning the towel around a few times with his wrist as he lunged up, Frank whipped it at Mathis’ backside. It snapped through the air and he honestly hoped it hit his butt.

he miss

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mathis did his best at drying his feet and legs as he backed up toward the door, eyeing Frank as he wound the towel. He was ready to leap back with a yip of laughter as the towel snapped in the air, and he made it to the door in a few more bounds. There, he paused to sponge hastily at his shorts so that they would not drip over the floor, and then pushed the door open to attempt to move inside and out of range of another strike.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The towel snapped at the air, but Mathis came away without getting hit, the yelp satisfying enough despite this. Lucky duck. He did a quick sop up of his legs while making slow steps with much to be desired as Mathis made his way to the door. Frank admired that Mathis was worrying about the water when his life was on the line. Winding the somewhat damp towel again as he hurried up to him, Frank made to strike once more as the door opened and Mathis began wriggling the way inside. Fabric would hit against the door with a muffled whap and hopefully some of the intended target.

towel hit successful

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

For all of his speed and agility that his body lent him, he was not quick enough to evade the towel as it whipped around the glass door. The tip caught him in the back of the thigh, luckily in the center and not a more tender spot. Still, it smarted enough to incite another yelp, though it was broken by laughter as he made his way into the dining room then turned on the spot to face his assailant, eyes wide and brows raised imploringly as he raised one hand in defense whilst the other held the towel out and waved it mid-air. "Cease fire! I surrender."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There was a satisfying yelp and hit of skin this time as he barreled after him, pulling the door open enough to get in as well. Going a bit too fast than was wise with wet shorts, he followed as Mathis headed towards the dining room.

Water dripping from shorts was enough to rewet his feet and legs, making traction hard to come by on uncarpeted floors so by the time Mathis was turning around asking for a cease fire, it was hard to stop. ”Whoah, whoah, whoah.” Feet slipped out from under him, unable to get his balance, and he fell with a grunt to the floor, evoking all the grace anyone in his position would have. Frank sat up, hand to his hip that’d he’d fallen hard on, with a loud laugh escaping. "Tell that to the floor."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And down he went. Somehow, Mathis had seen that coming. Hence why he'd tried to dry his shorts as best he could. Still, he gasped, and he was moving to kneel beside Frank as soon as he was sitting up. "You shouldn't be wearing those in the house." He chided, aware of the implications there but not minding in the slightest. He even went so far as to move a hand to tug at the wet material, though he didn't commit to pulling them more than a fraction down his hips. "You're going to break yourself. Then what will I do?" His lower lip pouted outward as he wetted his voice with a bit of distraught.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

With Mathis kneeling by him, he followed along and then let out a renewed and louder laugh at the reply. The said shorts in question were moved down a tad and he lightly swatted at the hand while Mathis kept on going. Taking a hand, he put it to Mathis’ lips to lightly push the pout away as he got feet under him again to begin the process of standing back up. ”You’re incorrigible,” he huffed out, smiling big and shaking his head some.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He clicked his tongue at the smack, but didn't take it to heart. A raspberry was blown against the fingers that pressed to his lips, but he move to rise as well, extending a hand to help Frank up if needed. There was a word he... actually didn't know if he knew the definition of. Sometimes it happened, given English was a second language, and not every word was used on a day to day basis. "I'm taking that to mean 'incomparably handsome'." He informed Frank as he looked to the ground and dropped his towel over the spots of smeared water that his bathing suit had created.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The unexpected raspberry had him taking his hand away as it tickled, chuckling a tad. The hand given was taken, using it to help follow Mathis up, positioning his shorts back on higher. Putting his own towel down, he used a foot to push it to slide over the wet floor back and forth to try his best to get up the water from the fall.

Incomparably handsome was not even close to the meaning he’d tried for. ”Ha, that’s definitely another definition that applies,” he agreed. Incorrigible and handsome. ”I’m really lucky to have you.” Frank looked up from the towel towards him.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now Frank was just flattering. Mathis huffed out a little scoff at the compliment, not having been genuine, but appreciating it all the same. He was just too sweet, and it was hard to really put into sensible words how he felt about it. So instead, he hummed a little and moved to kiss Frank once again as he looked back up, smiling into it as he lingered for a moment before pulling away. "Are you thirsty?" He prompted as he stepped toward the kitchen for the fridge.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There was a scoff heard and Frank kept his expression serious. He’d meant it, truly, and needed Mathis to understand this wasn’t something he took for granted.

In the end, it earned him a kiss which he hadn’t exactly fished for, but was nonetheless pleased with. The lips upturning into it caused his own smile as a hand came over to hold Mathis’ waist briefly. When he pulled away, Frank turned a smirk to the towels needing to be picked up and making to do so at the question. He was a child. ”Yeah, a water would be great, thanks.”
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Water it was. Mathis padded toward the fridge, and would snag two bottles before turning around to catch sight of Frank picking up the towels. Oh, right. Well, it was being taken care of. Mathis moved to slide on bottle across the counter, and rested his hips against the cool edge of the granite as he untwisted his own and took a sip. All the while, he eyed Frank, shameless in his gaze roving over his body. Nothing suggestive, but he wasn't going to be meek about appreciating him in a pair of swim trunks.

After a moment, he spoke up, "How are you feeling lately? About, er, your growth." They really hadn't spoken at length about Frank's surge in power, but it had been acknowledged. Mathis did think back to that night of the funeral, after the close call in the midst of sex. What Frank had said weighed on the back of his mind almost constantly, especially as they'd decided to bookmark it for a night that was less charged with emotion. Given it had been some time, and there had been significant changes in that period, Mathis sought to at least touch on it now.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Towels in hand, he made to put each on their own back of a chair to dry out as Mathis settled near the counter. The question had him subtly frowning in thought, fingers undoing a fold in the last of the towels. A bit of an inhale was given before looking up. ”It’s going.” It wasn't great or good and if he actually took a moment to consider it, it was a mix of feeling of success and the pitfalls of fear in what being better attuned meant at a microscopic level.

Making his way over, he grabbed the water left for him, undoing the cap with small snaps of plastic. The brief silence in that act had a weight to it that had him uncomfortable. His answer was going to be scrutinized and turned over and prodded. Frank understood why it had been, appreciated that he was being asked, but in the same breath disliked it considerably. So, he added on in hopes to clarify. ”Things aren't as crazy and there’s less pacing in my head all the time which is nice. It’s like the animal's actually giving me the time of day and listening better which is a nice breather.” There was considerable less tension on the day to day and it had been a world of difference so far. But, still.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

'Going' was, generally speaking, miles better than where it seemed Frank's mindset had been in the past. Not drowning, but paddling now. Moving forward, in the very least. Mathis toyed with the cap on the countertop in the brief silence, pondering how to pose those thoughts in words, before Frank continued. Mathis nodded along as he spoke.

"You're where I was for... years and years." He began after a pause. "It's a good place to be. It's easier to understand your own nature as a Were when it doesn't feel like a constant battle. An agreement, of sorts. Compromise on both ends." Not entirely human, not entirely animal. Something different all together. Something stronger that either option.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He took a drink, listening. As Mathis went on, Frank found it comforting, but still couldn’t help a flicker of unease at being called a were. It’s what he was, but it was always jarring to hear in some capacity. There was some want to immediately defend against the fact, but that was the truth wasn’t it? “For now” floated by wistfully and was caught on his tongue. They didn’t need to go there and he didn’t need to worry him. His gaze slid subconsciously to the hallway as his thoughts flickered briefly to the study, double checking his memory if he’d put away things.

A compromise on both ends wasn’t the worst, sincerely better than a month or so back. The want for contact was overwhelming and Frank made to hold a hand, looking down as he tried to weave fingers through his. ”Yeah.” It didn’t come out as strong as he would’ve liked and so Frank cleared his throat before trying again. ”Yeah, that makes sense.” Looking back up at him, there was a tiny bit of hope in his gaze. ”I’ve been thinking… Do you personally think… do you think I’d be okay to visit…”. And he stalled, hesitating over if it was worth getting all his hopes up like this at all. A frustrated breath left him, forcing it out. ”Family?” It came out soft, truly hoping there’d be agreement.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mathis would take the hand greedily, his thumb finding a place it found often atop Frank’s hand where it would move in slow, gentle strokes. He hadn’t entirely wanted to douse their good time, but it was something that eventually had needed to be spoken on. It seemed everything was in order.

Obviously, there would be personal struggles that Frank did not have to share if he didn’t feel comfortable with, and Mathis hoped he knew that. The transition through infection to where Mathis was now was wrought with all sorts of troubles and struggles, and as long as he was confident that Frank would come to him with anything incredibly serious, then he was understanding that some things needed to be handled privately.

There was something now, though. Clearly important, clearly something that had been weighing on Frank. Mathis was able to guess the objective of the question before Frank managed to finish. “I think it would.” He nodded, his pitch dropping some to mirror Frank’s. “With a bit of mindfulness. I visited Italy a short while before we met... well, er, Allegra did come of it, but it was a different situation. No shifting.” An entirely new mess he hadn’t been aware was possible. Something Frank could easily avoid, given he wasn’t intending to donate any organs to any family members.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He couldn’t help the honest to goodness smile that sprouted and hurt his cheeks at hearing the first bit. It’d been more than a year since he’d visited them properly and the need to catch up, the need to just hug his mother and talk to her in person, was overwhelming. There’d been so much guilt building at making up lies so as not to visit and now that could hopefully begin to stop. And maybe when things settled, Mathis could come with if he wanted to.

Frank nodded some in understanding to the rest of what was said, fitting pieces of time together. It was all a puzzle he’d eventually work out that brought together Mathis as he knew him today. There were still a good few chunks missing, the scars proof enough of that, but he’d get there. Sympathetically, he squeezed his hand at the mention of Allegra, face dropping to concern, searching that gaze. That was still a horrible twist in fate regarding his sister and he worried for him on how much it must weigh. He wished he could change that in someway, but what was done was done and the original decision had been truly selfless at its core. ”You didn’t know,” he reminded him.

Waiting a beat to take a breath, he spoke up again. ”I’ll be careful.” The last thing he wanted was to infect anyone, especially to tote back a baby jaguar to the prowl and ashamedly inform everyone it was someone from his own family. Abraham especially would be hard to tell as he’d seen him at his worst and would most likely imagine that for the whole fiasco.

”And maybe, you can come with sometime?”
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He didn't. Mathis was doing better about not holding himself incredibly accountable for it. Still, it was a dark smudge on his already muddy past. It did not help that it had bled through so severely that he was now in the company of someone Allegra had turned. Their own brother. He was endlessly grateful Benji was acclimating well.

"You always are." He said with a nod at the promise to be careful. It was hard to think of a time when Frank had made a misstep. The offer for Mathis to join him caught him somewhat off guard. Enough to delay his response for a considerable pause. It was... no small thing to meet your significant other's parents and family. For any couple, it was a significant step. For a couple of the same sex, there was a bit more trepidation in it. If they were younger, perhaps, he might have been even more hesitant. But by now, Mathis was certain Frank's family would be accepting of anything he brought to them, right? It surely seemed like there was little tension between him and his mother. "If... well, if you'll have me." Mathis said after a moment, nodding as a smile formed. "Have you mentioned me at all?" He was not entirely sure how often Frank even spoke to his family. He could not imagine it was a rare occurrence.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Frank certainly tried to his best to always be careful, especially since those first few months had been especially tumultuous. Hopefully, that would be a record he could continue.

The pause had him setting about wiping sweat that had accumulated from the bottle. A no was okay, he understood and wouldn’t push for a while if it came to that. It was a big step for a lot of reasons, but he had increasingly felt like it was time and if it was okay to visit again, then naturally that should happen soon too. It’s just, Frank didn’t do a lot of pushing with relationship stuff, partly because hearing no was a fear. Sharing some kind of vulnerability he’d decided to try exposing to only be met with a slap away was sometimes harsh. But, he really wanted Mathis to meet them and vice versa. Both were super important and it would make him happy if those two worlds could meet and know each other. Eventually, there was a smile and confirmation from Mathis and his own came back, feeling a burst of airy light happiness shoot in his chest.

”Of course, you’re always welcome. Only if you’re comfortable with it though.” Mathis could follow him anywhere if he wanted and Frank would have no complaints, just happy to have him along.

At the prodding if Mathis had been mentioned, he nodded some. Frank looked down a bit at the droplets on his hands, wiping them on his shorts. “Yes, I have. My mom likes the sound of you and keeps threatening me not to hurt you.” There was a small smile playing at his lips, a bit of a laugh huffed out. A small town and differences in generations always made these things hard, but he was thankful she was open considering it all. He wasn’t the type of person to publicly advertise who he was dating with the entire world, but eventually people always found out. It was almost six months into this and Mathis was a big part of his world by now, so it was only natural to casually slip into talking about him with conversations with her. She’d been receptive after initial trepidation and surprise, the idea not entirely new regarding him in the end. ”She’s kind of worried that it’s more of a fling on my part. From her perspective, it looks like a call for help since I just up and moved without warning, broke up with a girl I’d been dating for a long time, and now I’m dating you so it looks weird I guess,” he sighed some.

“To be clear, that’s not what’s happening. She’s just worried.” Frank frowned in seriousness, looking at his face completely. A fling wouldn’t feel like this and he wasn’t some teenager here. This was a relationship truly and fully that he was ready to be in for an undisclosed amount of time, perhaps forever if that was possible. ”I’m sure the rest of my family heard, but I don’t know how they really feel about it.” He scratched at his chin some at that in thought. Frank would find out when he visited soon, he supposed. It was definitely worth doing so a few times to make sure things weren’t going to be a surprise before toting his boyfriend over.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, it was a nice reassurance that Frank wanted him around. That he wasn't embarrassed. Not that Mathis had fully feared that, but it was a natural thing to be wary of. Frank continued on with an answer to his question, and he found himself smiling some. His mother sounded like she had a sense of humor, which was incredibly important given his own. Mathis moved to take a sip of his water, but paused with it at his lips as Frank continued on. There was a fear that it was a fling. But, instead of his mother fearing that Mathis was not as committed as Frank was, it was surprisingly the opposite.

Given the sudden uprooting of Frank's life and a breakup, his mother was apprehensive that Mathis was a rebound. A small twist in his gut had him placing the water back down, his smile fading some. He... hadn't known for certain, if Frank was interested in both males and females. Intuition had told him yes, but given he'd only ever experienced Frank as a casual friend that developed into a more intimate relationship, he hadn't had any sort of confirmation. So, to know of this girlfriend he'd had previous to moving to Mountainside... He was not a jealous person, but it was something to think on. Especially if Frank's own mother was worried that he was some sort of... 'cry for help.' As if he was something done out of desperation, or need for change.

"It makes sense, that she'd be worried." He said with a nod after a moment. "I'm glad she cares so much for you." Truly. He wanted nothing but the best for Frank, and that included how he was treated by those he was emotionally invested in. "You left... because you were turned, sì?" He questioned, somewhat tentative in his approach.

Frank assured him otherwise, and he was inclined to believe him. Still... still.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He leaned with a hip against the counter, a bit worried he’d said too much. It’d all kind of tumbled out and Frank nodded some to the comment about his mother. ”Me too.” But, then again, he hadn’t wanted Mathis to show up and be thrown a comment that surprised and maybe hurt so this was a good way to ease in.

A question was given from a different direction than he expected. The tone was enough for him to stitch his brows some. ”Yeah, I figured it out about the same time I was offered a position in the hospital here so it kind of worked out and I left.” And then that had crashed and burned really quick. ”Why?”
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So, not as sudden a move as he'd made it out to seem. Still, it sounded a lot like he'd cut ties and skipped town, so Mathis could imagine why his mother was worried, considering she didn't know the reason behind it. "I guess I just never asked." Mathis said with a small shrug. A pause to take a drink before he set down the bottle and found the cap to toy with. "It sounded like you had a lot there that you were invested in before leaving." Family, a girlfriend...
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A pained smile flickered on his face, gaze catching the fiddling. Perhaps that was uncertainty playing out in some way from Mathis? ”Yeah… I did, but I couldn’t stay for that same reason. It wasn’t safe. I probably would’ve eaten everyone.” Though in all seriousness, she was probably better off without him, though Frank wished he could’ve left on better terms.

However, that all felt like a long time ago now. ”To be honest, I’m invested in a lot more here,” he explained with a sure tone. Frank had been incomparably unhappy when he’d first gotten here, but things had settled with a variety of things and Cordova was his home now. Despite being a were, he couldn’t give up his jaguar family, the friends he’d made, or and especially Mathis. ”This is more of a home than Springs ever was for me.” Maybe that was the jaguar muddling his mind, putting a different lens to it all, but in all fairness looking back he'd given so much for work that a personal life had been so hard. Here, it was different, but good. And he turned the hand still in his hold over. Seeing the fingers there, he lightly felt them with his free hand.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Leaving behind things you cared about in order to keep them safe was the pitfall for a large majority of Weres. He'd left his entire family and hardly looked back. Retrospectively, it was not as difficult for him as it seemed to be for Frank, but he supposed that came with a somewhat strained relationship with his parents. It was reassuring, that he felt more invested here. Again, Mathis was inclined to believe him, despite the burrowing thread of unreasonable discontent in the back of his mind.

Mathis looked to the hand in Frank's, his grip tightening some with a small hum. "I'm glad you can have some of both, though. Here and back home. I can't wait to meet your family, even if its awkward at first." He'd mentioned he wasn't sure how the rest of them would react. Mathis could only hope for tolerance in the very least. Ultimately, Frank was an adult that could make his own decisions. There was no room for someone to claim he was confused or acting out in some bizarre defiance.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He nodded some in agreement, happy enough with the truth of that answer. It was the last comment that had him smiling with teeth showing with a bit of an anxious but excited quickening of his heartbeat. That was a sincere and complete yes. ”Me too, but they'll have to get over it.” Pulling the hand and arm close to his own chest, Frank spoke up. ”Thank you.” Frank stepped up to kiss a cheek. ”Thank you.” A kiss to the other, before craning his head up to a forehead. ”Thank you.”
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The solution to most of his problems. Just get over it. The sudden onslaught of kisses caught Mathis somewhat off guard, and a smile finally settled in fully as he chuckled and let his eyes flutter shut. "For what?" He questioned with a laugh in his throat, moving to wrap an arm around Frank's waist to keep him close.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A laugh was given from Mathis and a welcomed arm wrapped around him, keeping them close. Frank breathed out with crinkled eyes, pulling away from the forehead to properly look at him. ”For being you and loving me and being willing to go. For everything.” Searching over his face, he didn’t know where to start so that’s as good as could be done for now. It really meant so much for Mathis to be okay with this. Truly, he loved him a lot and was feeling incredibly sappy right now and well that was just going to have to be embraced.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

None of those things were more than something that came naturally. But he was overwhelmed by the love and praise and it filled his chest double fold from where it had tightened some with the topic. Mathis met the gaze, his lips pressing together as he took in the surge of emotion and love and... just. He leaned in to press a firm kiss to Frank's lips, sure that any words that came out wouldn't make much sense. So, instead, he kissed him and pulled him close enough that their bare hips pressed together and her could feel the rise and fall of Frank's chest against his own.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Frank waited for something to be said, but till then he noticed the small things presented in front of him, a freckle here or there, a wrinkle there, and finally bits of kaleidoscope colors in the eyes holding his own. A lean in and try for a subsequent kiss had him smiling some, allowing himself to be pulled so the small distance left between them was nonexistent as he kissed back, the warmth of skin between them nice. Words weren’t needed, he got it. He allowed a hand to come up and hold the side of Mathis’ neck as he pressed for another.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It was an incredibly rare thing, to find someone around who you completely peel back every layer of the thick skin you’d grown. At yet, here he was pressed against that person, entirely certain of the fact that there wasn’t a thing he would not let Frank see. It was too much to put into words, he knew it would be sappy and bordering on cringeworthy. So he put the sentiment into the kiss instead, his finger tips pressed into Frank’s skin and breathing dipping in pace to match Frank’s.

Eventually, air was a necessity, and he pulled back to take in a breath. When he exhaled, it was in words Frank likely did not have to speak Italian to understand. Ti amo, Franco. He said with a small grin forming. His forehead pressed firmly to Frank’s and he moved a hand to tug playfully at his side. Molto, molto, molto... He trailed off in order to press another kiss into his lips, though it wasn’t as long in the case Frank sought to speak.

basically “I love you frank... very very very much”

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mathis pulled away and he took a breath, eyes watching him. With foreheads pressed together he exhaled a happy laugh at the words, rolling his forehead a bit just for the nuisance of it. He wasn’t used to the phrase being thrown around and it caused a burst of energy through him every time, his chest feeling like it was fuzzy and breaking. And that only increased as he was pulled about with a word added on that was repeated, his cheeks hurting with a smile as a laugh bubbled out. He wasn’t sure exactly what that last word meant but he had an easy guess. A kiss dipped back briefly that he scratched fingers lightly on the back of Mathis’ neck for. He pulled away just enough to respond against lips. “Good because I was gonna have to throw you back into the pool if you didn’t,” he said in a teasing tone before aiming to pull on a lip playfully. ”I love you so much, too.”
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

His laughed was matched by Mathis' own, and he sighed into the kiss before pulling away. The threat and tug of his lip was met with a raise of his brows and a playful growl as he suddenly dipped and looped his arms around the backs of Frank's knees. In a move that would be difficult for a human, he hoisted Frank from the floor and tossed him to drape over one shoulder. "Not if I do it first." He told him as he moved quickly as he could toward the door that they had left ajar, intending to rush back out toward the pool before Frank could pull himself away.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Frank hadn’t expected Mathis to drop and then suddenly pick him up. A whoop of laughter was let out as he was put over his shoulder.

“No, let me down,” he whined, smacking his back a few times, trying to wriggle out of the hold.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"I will-" But his wiggling and smacking was hard enough that Mathis ended up having to stagger forward with a laugh and bend to place Frank back onto both feet, though he did what he could to keep his grip around him, and momentum going for over the threshold and onto the patio.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Promises, promises and his eyes flew wide at the staggering, fear momentarily that they’d fall.

But thankfully, he was put down and yet was still being pushed forward. “I didn’t realize you were also a herding dog.” Hands grabbing his wrists, he set a determined look about him. If he was going to be pushed in, Mathis was going to get dragged in with.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

His grin grew outright devious as he squared his feet and braced his arms against the grip of his wrist, pushing all of his power into forcing Frank backward toward the pool. He managed to make it over the threshold, and he was determined to get him to the edge of the pool, even if it meant he would have to try and wriggle free in the last moments. "I'm not." He objected, though with a grit to his voice. "I'm just stronger than you." He said as one of his feet slipped against the previously dampened pavement. Just a bit of a stumble, that was thankfully braced by Frank's grip on his arms.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh