Mouse Trap

Pegasus 
 What the ever living fuck was he doing here? This, for starters, was not his scene. Not even remotely. His hulking frame darkened the door as he stepped in, granting him a few astonished looks from some patrons. Yes, he was tall, and bulky.. but he wasn't freakishly large. Yet people in this town had a penchant for gawking. He was irritated simply being here. Hell, he had work to do, and a lot of it. He still hadn't gathered the evidence he needed for his client, and instead of doing that, his brain had forced him to come out to this god forsaken place at 11PM. The music was loud enough to muffle most conversation, and the floor was sticky underfoot.

So. Why was the private investigator at this "bar" you may ask? Because a mysterious lady in the night had asked him to show up the night before. He still didn't know why he had. It was like.. some inner voice had continuously badgered him into submission, rendering him unable to argue any further. So here he was.

The street they'd walked last night had been so dark that he never saw her face, so he had no idea who he was looking for. He, however, was the only person in the bar clearing 6'1". A much easier target to track down. Isaac found a corner table, away from most of the excitement and sat his ass down, flagging a worker who was running around taking orders and delivering beers. "Whatever lager you have on tap." she gave the price and he paid in cash, offering a small tip. She smiled and disappeared. Then he waited.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cool thing about being vague! She didn't know when this guy was going to show up. Which, gave her plenty time to wait around at Pegasus as soon as the moon came up, ultimately regretting ever making the suggestion. She'd done it in a moment of desperation to feed from him, as if she didn't have hundreds of choices right here in front of her. But, what was done was done, and she had someone to meet at some point.

It wasn't like she minded much. She fed from two drunk girls, got a tiny buzz that ultimately fell flat around ten. When eleven hit, and the head bobbing over the crowd grabbed her attention, she abandoned the person she'd grabbed for a dance without much of a word. A small smile slipped across her lips, and she trailed after the sweet smelling man as he found a corner to press himself into. Poor dude. She should have considered another meeting spot. But, what was done was done. She took the seat across from him as the waitress disappeared into the crowd.

"I didn't think you'd come!" She lied with a fake tone of disbelieving flattery.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Some douchy pop song came over the loud speaker, making Isaac quietly groan as he waited for his beer. Before the pint could arrive however, a woman took up the seat across from him. She apparently recognized him, which made him think that, yes, this was the woman from last night that so rudely forced him here.

She was cute though.

"So... Why am I here?" He asked, trying not to sound annoyed. He had work to do, and this was the literal last place he'd want to be. That cold rainy street was better than this. Thankfully, his beer arrived. Thank fuck. He took a sip, then looked properly at his company. "I didn't exactly have a choice in showing up, now did I?" He'd tried to hold out, stay at work, focus. It was like some buzzing had erupted in his mind, screaming at him to come to this damn place until he finally gave in. He knew enough to know that wasn't natural. She'd done something, and he wasn't happy about it.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

belated Outfit

Wow, the jig was up in a matter of seconds. She kept her smile despite it. Honestly, it was a pretty blatant suggestion. Especially because she had no clue what she was dragging him away from. What if this dude had a family and kids and stuff and she was forcing him to miss out on sleep? She guessed she'd have to find out. She paused to wait for him to get his drink before fixing him with a sheepish smile. "Wasn't very subtle, huh?" For now, she'd key him in. Before he left, of course, he'd have no recollection of it. "Anything important I'm pulling you away from? I'd hate to know I'm less compelling than a Netflix binge." Her hands folded as she leaned forward a bit across the table.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Not subtle, no... but I'm not going to lie, I'm not entirely sure of what you did to force me here." His voice and expression was flat as he looked her over, before taking up his drink and taking a sip. Not... terrible, a little too much hops, but not bad. Not too heavy. Despite his discomfort in the bar, he slowly relaxed in his seat, now that he had a drink. He could tune the rest out for the most part.

"I'm actually missing work right now. Mind you, I am my own boss, so it's not like I'll get scolded or fired. I am however wasting time a client has paid for. So long as I can still get the work done by the deadline I'll be fine. So you better not do any more mind tricks that will put me out of commission for tomorrow because that's my last day to get this damn job done." His tone was serious as he stared her down, his facial expression equally as tense. He took his job seriously. He needed the money.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, given she'd given him no context, there was no way for him to know. Poor guy, honestly, yanked out of mundane life to spend a night with some random girl he'd found in some scummy warehouse district. At least this setting was nicer. It did suck he was missing work, even if he made his own schedule. As he went on; and boy did he go on; she got the sense that he did some kind of service for people, but he didn't elaborate on what. "Hey, trust me, I don't plan on putting you out of any kind of business." She said, raising her palms to him imploring. "What is it that you need to get done tonight?" She questioned, and pressed in with the aspect of her second ability she used probably too often.

that aspect would be her making him tell the truth with her Veritokinesis!

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh