Mouse Trap

Pegasus 
 What the ever living fuck was he doing here? This, for starters, was not his scene. Not even remotely. His hulking frame darkened the door as he stepped in, granting him a few astonished looks from some patrons. Yes, he was tall, and bulky.. but he wasn't freakishly large. Yet people in this town had a penchant for gawking. He was irritated simply being here. Hell, he had work to do, and a lot of it. He still hadn't gathered the evidence he needed for his client, and instead of doing that, his brain had forced him to come out to this god forsaken place at 11PM. The music was loud enough to muffle most conversation, and the floor was sticky underfoot.

So. Why was the private investigator at this "bar" you may ask? Because a mysterious lady in the night had asked him to show up the night before. He still didn't know why he had. It was like.. some inner voice had continuously badgered him into submission, rendering him unable to argue any further. So here he was.

The street they'd walked last night had been so dark that he never saw her face, so he had no idea who he was looking for. He, however, was the only person in the bar clearing 6'1". A much easier target to track down. Isaac found a corner table, away from most of the excitement and sat his ass down, flagging a worker who was running around taking orders and delivering beers. "Whatever lager you have on tap." she gave the price and he paid in cash, offering a small tip. She smiled and disappeared. Then he waited.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cool thing about being vague! She didn't know when this guy was going to show up. Which, gave her plenty time to wait around at Pegasus as soon as the moon came up, ultimately regretting ever making the suggestion. She'd done it in a moment of desperation to feed from him, as if she didn't have hundreds of choices right here in front of her. But, what was done was done, and she had someone to meet at some point.

It wasn't like she minded much. She fed from two drunk girls, got a tiny buzz that ultimately fell flat around ten. When eleven hit, and the head bobbing over the crowd grabbed her attention, she abandoned the person she'd grabbed for a dance without much of a word. A small smile slipped across her lips, and she trailed after the sweet smelling man as he found a corner to press himself into. Poor dude. She should have considered another meeting spot. But, what was done was done. She took the seat across from him as the waitress disappeared into the crowd.

"I didn't think you'd come!" She lied with a fake tone of disbelieving flattery.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Some douchy pop song came over the loud speaker, making Isaac quietly groan as he waited for his beer. Before the pint could arrive however, a woman took up the seat across from him. She apparently recognized him, which made him think that, yes, this was the woman from last night that so rudely forced him here.

She was cute though.

"So... Why am I here?" He asked, trying not to sound annoyed. He had work to do, and this was the literal last place he'd want to be. That cold rainy street was better than this. Thankfully, his beer arrived. Thank fuck. He took a sip, then looked properly at his company. "I didn't exactly have a choice in showing up, now did I?" He'd tried to hold out, stay at work, focus. It was like some buzzing had erupted in his mind, screaming at him to come to this damn place until he finally gave in. He knew enough to know that wasn't natural. She'd done something, and he wasn't happy about it.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

belated Outfit

Wow, the jig was up in a matter of seconds. She kept her smile despite it. Honestly, it was a pretty blatant suggestion. Especially because she had no clue what she was dragging him away from. What if this dude had a family and kids and stuff and she was forcing him to miss out on sleep? She guessed she'd have to find out. She paused to wait for him to get his drink before fixing him with a sheepish smile. "Wasn't very subtle, huh?" For now, she'd key him in. Before he left, of course, he'd have no recollection of it. "Anything important I'm pulling you away from? I'd hate to know I'm less compelling than a Netflix binge." Her hands folded as she leaned forward a bit across the table.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Not subtle, no... but I'm not going to lie, I'm not entirely sure of what you did to force me here." His voice and expression was flat as he looked her over, before taking up his drink and taking a sip. Not... terrible, a little too much hops, but not bad. Not too heavy. Despite his discomfort in the bar, he slowly relaxed in his seat, now that he had a drink. He could tune the rest out for the most part.

"I'm actually missing work right now. Mind you, I am my own boss, so it's not like I'll get scolded or fired. I am however wasting time a client has paid for. So long as I can still get the work done by the deadline I'll be fine. So you better not do any more mind tricks that will put me out of commission for tomorrow because that's my last day to get this damn job done." His tone was serious as he stared her down, his facial expression equally as tense. He took his job seriously. He needed the money.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, given she'd given him no context, there was no way for him to know. Poor guy, honestly, yanked out of mundane life to spend a night with some random girl he'd found in some scummy warehouse district. At least this setting was nicer. It did suck he was missing work, even if he made his own schedule. As he went on; and boy did he go on; she got the sense that he did some kind of service for people, but he didn't elaborate on what. "Hey, trust me, I don't plan on putting you out of any kind of business." She said, raising her palms to him imploring. "What is it that you need to get done tonight?" She questioned, and pressed in with the aspect of her second ability she used probably too often.

that aspect would be her making him tell the truth with her Veritokinesis!

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You see, the thing about his job, was that it required tact. Many people came to him with face identities, off shore accounts, or paid by cash. Many people didn't want to be traced, or found that they were hiring a Private Investigator. That being said, Isaac had a very strong rule about confidentiality. So long as it wasn't dangerously illegal, or just simply life threatening, his lips and files were sealed. Police had tried to do a shake down a few years back to get some information on a client that they were investigating, but he risked a 24 hour detention and potential charges being pressed for withholding evidence and interfering with an ongoing investigation to protect his client. They never were able to get a warrant, so he wasn't able to help the cops. Simple as that. Eventually they had to let him go, and word spread that he was trustworthy. Hell he got quite a number of clients after that event.

So when his mouth opened to begin spilling the information on his current case, he knew there was some fuckery happening. He began to speak, but his hands quickly moved to his mouth, using all of his strength to lock his jaw down with his grip. Muffled noises escaped as he "spoke" but all was unintelligible. Anger flared within him. There had been too many mind tricks coming from this woman. He'd done as she commanded, he'd shown up, but dammit, she hadn't forced him to stay. Once his voice stopped trying to betray him, he pushed his chair out, leaving his nearly untouched beer as he began storming away. He didn't look at her once he stood, afraid of what she may do with his attention. He began shouldering his way through dancers, anger bubbling under the surface of his skin, making his own abilities risk flaring up.

Isaac has stood and is probably about 5-10ft from the table now

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Out came some words, but they were quickly stifled by his hands. Safiya regarded him with surprised brows, her eyes widening some. What the fuck kind of nerve did she just strike. This dude was a giant sack of mystery. And anger. She didn't need Beauregard's power to feel it radiate off of him as he stood, and she sighed sharply as she stood after him. He was onto her, and she couldn't let him get too far with his suspicions. So, she placed herself on his trail, slinking through the gaps in the crowd she'd made, but letting there be some short distance between them. She'd trail him out of the bar, and would continue to do so until he reached his car. That was, if he didn't round on her first.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He walked with purpose, trYing to avoid bumping into anyone. That was harder to achieve than one may think, what with his size and all. Dancing bodies impeded his progress, but finally he was able to push out the front door and immediately begin striding down the sidewalk, his long legs carrying him far, and fast.

Well, for a human that was. For a creature of the night, he may as well been walking in slow motion were they to push their own limits of speed.

He wanted a cigarette. He was irritated, and frustrated that.... That woman whatever she was, was not only able to draw him here with her mind tricks, but also force him to breach confidentiality. He managed to save the latter, with no grace, but it still pissed him off.

Once he was about four blocks away from the damn bar he rounded a corner to stand just within an alley as to avoid getting in the way of passer-bys. He took out his cigarettes and placed one between his lips, patting himself down for his lighter.

Finding it, he fumbled, dropping it on the ground, where it skid away towards a dumpster. He grumbled and walked deeper into the alley, back to the street as he crouched to get the lighter.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He walked, and walked... and walked. And she walked after him, hoping he wasn’t going to lead her right to his house. Or to the jaws of that wolf girl. Probably neither. She followed him until he rounded a corner, and moved to press herself against the outside wall of one of the buildings. A sneaky glance down showed her he’d stopped in an alleyway. Had he literally never seen any horror movie ever? This poor dude. He was big and handsome but not the smartest. She could help him, she realized, if he let her. It would be a giant waste of good blood and a nice ass if he went down some alleyway and turned up never to be seen again.

But, for a second, it was not worth it. He had fire, and she wasn’t about to risk that. She’d even taken a step away and decided to cut her losses before she heard the clinking of metal against concrete, and the sound of it skittering away. She stopped, and turned to see Isaac crouching near a dumpster. Now was her chance.

In a blur of movement, she was standing behind him. His crouched position was advantageous, and she used it to grab for the lapel of his shirt and the underside of his chin. A purposeful jerk coaxed him to turn to face him, but she stood in a way that would put her feet on either side of him, leaving little room for him to get up easily. Her touch on his chin was gentle, but her hand fisted firmly in his clothing. She might not seem large or strong, but even against mammoth boy, she was certain of her ability to keep her hold. "Isaac, I don't want to hurt you." She said, searching for eye contact across his face. It was hard not to privately enjoy standing over a big, brutish man like this. She felt powerful. "If you just trust me, you'll be on your way to work soon." Fucking hell. Less powerful. Her grip remained tight.

Nope
also, the maneuvering was agreed upon!

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Grumbling to himself, he crouched, reaching out for his lighter. In the mundane world, it didn't occur to him to use his abilities to pull the damn thing back to him, that was a waste of energy after all, so he wound up going for the lighter with his hand.

Suddenly she was there, standing overly close as she gripped his jacket, and turned his chin to face her. He jumped in his skin a little, hating the feeling of being snuck up on. How had he not noticed? She was impossibly silent. He turned his gaze to her and glared daggers. This was going to far to get him out to a bar for a drink. Then, this blasted... bitch, had the audacity to ask him to trust her? Fuck that!

He tried to stand, while shoving her hands away from him, lighter forgotten. It was like trying to move a locomotive with his bare hands. This was enough to assure him that this woman was not like him, a psychic. She was a beast of some sort. From what he knew of snifters, they couldn't do mind tricks... but vampires... they could. He immediately broke eye contact.

"So what, did you lure me out tonight because you couldn't drain me yesterday?"

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fuck. She forced her weight downward against his immediate response to try and get up and struggle, her heels driving into the concrete as she pushed down. "Stay down," She suggested to him, as the eye contact she'd gotten was broken. Apparently, he learned incredibly quick. Spitting accusations, there was an urge to roll her eyes and let him know how fucking dumb he'd been to offer to help anyone at night. But, she was trying to be good here. Trying to clean up a mess. "It was impulse. I'm going to let you go unharmed, Isaac. I just need you to look at me in the eye first. Then it'll all be over and you can be on your way." It was incredibly hard to talk with him so close and his heart hammering. So much so that it was a little difficult to believe her own words. Maybe... well, she could wipe his mind and take a drink, and he'd have no idea otherwise. But she needed to make sure he wasn't going to hurt her in the process. That lighter hadn't left her mind. She needed to make sure it was completely out of the picture.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He hated the feeling of being at a disadvantage, and he hated how fucking stupid he'd been. He'd have to be more cautious from now on. It was a new age of monsters out there. Anybody could be one, even damsels lost at night. She warned him to stay down, and for the sake of not breaking any of his bones trying to physically resist... he complied. She spoke calmly to him, which was odd. He half expected her to go all monster-mash, and tear his throat to bits at this point.

Then she asked him to look her in the eye. No, fucking way missy. The idea of being someones late night snack wasn't what bothered him, hell if someone asked politely, he may even offer a vein provided he had a good rapport with them. But fucking with his mind was something he did not like, and something he would not take. His eyes flashed light green as the dumpster that was only a few feet away slid quickly out from the wall, slamming into them both with enough force to knock them onto their backs. He would have just hit her... but big objects were hard to maneuver in tight quarters. With her grip no longer on him, he began scrambling to his feet. It was foolish to think he could outrun a vampire, but he wasn't just not going to try. He didn't want his brain fucked with anymore.

"You know... if you'd just asked nicely for me to take you for a drink without all of the mind fuckery..." He grumbled, rolling onto his feet.

HIT

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She expected him to struggle, maybe spit in her face or try and go for the lighter. Or maybe even comply, be smart for a second. What she didn't expect was the sudden sound of something heavy rolling toward her, and the sudden impact of metal against her body. The slam loosed her grip, and she cursed under her breath as she hit the ground. "Dude!" She scoffed.

Aching but not in the worst condition, Safiya pushed to her feet as he did. It was really just a fucking spit in her face at this point to know it could have worked if she hadn't been so sloppy. If she'd gotten the chance to talk to him more. If that fucking wolf bitch hadn't showed up. God. Safiya, calm down. She took in a breath to hold, and let it out as she took a step forward. "I shouldn't have had to do it. And I'm sorry. I'm trying to set it right."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He escaped her grasp and rolled onto his feet as fast as his long limbs would allow him. Isaac was... pleasantly surprised by the fact she didn't use that moment of him straightening himself to tear out his throat, rather, she spoke. "If you're tying to set it right, then for fucks sake, stop trying to mess with my mind!" He growled, his eyes flashing colorfully as a warning. He wasn't looking at her eyes, simply watching her clavicle for movement. His powers were poised and ready, just in case.

"Listen, I haven't dealt much with your kind, but I've met a number of shifters over the years, and it helped me understand that despite their.... predicament, they're just people too. I have no problem believing the same of you lot, provided you don't go around mind fucking people to get a decent meal." Shaking his head he made a little tsk sound, "Ever heard of consent?" It was... painfully ironic to be saying this to a woman, but he felt it would get his point across.

"I go through great lengths to protect my reputation, which is based upon my strong belief in confidentiality. If you're scared I'm going to go chatting to my neighbors about who and what you are, rest easy. unless you try that again, because so help me... Just... stay out of my fucking head and we can figure something out, okay?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It was the easiest out. A swipe of a smudge on a plate before sending it out to be served. But he was proving to be incredibly resistant to her attempts, and she was left with a mess dumped into her lap. But, she listened. Followed along to the words he spoke in his foreign accent. She got it, really. Understood that it wasn't the best knowing your mind was being messed with. But honestly, it was a very human train of thought. Consent was one thing, and she wasn't about forcing people to do things against their will... but feeding was different. It had to be different. She'd starve, if it wasn't. She was usually gentle, usually merciful and kind about it. Treated all of her meals to a good time, even bought them drinks.

She opened her mouth to speak to it, but he steamrolled on. Usually, she didn't like to be talked over or talked at, but she was intrigued at what he was saying. He wouldn't get it, anyway. But he seemed to... be willing to extend some kind of understanding. He swore to secrecy, and she was pretty sure that was bullshit, but then again... she'd seen what lengths he'd gone to to keep his mouth shut about his work. And... he even was willing to 'figure something out', whatever that meant.

"Like I said, I didn't intend to hurt you. It was all really rushed, with that girl appearing. She..." For all the frustration about it, she wasn't going to out the girl. "Well, she just threw me off. That's not how I normally do things, I swear." She sought for his eyes, even if he wasn't going to look at her. "What do you mean, work something out?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

As much as the inner neanderthal within was singing and dancing the tune "the bitch is a predator, run for ye lives", he couldn't help but believe her words a little bit. No mind fuckery necessary. He listened, patiently, while still avoiding her gaze. Their predicament in the dark the previous night had caused her to blunder, and this was her attempt at covering her tracks... okay, that he could understand. There were times where, had he the power to do so, he may have taken a similar route. That didn't change his stance on getting his hard drive wiped, metaphorically speaking.

"Do what you will. I may be a dumbass most days, but I'm smart enough to know that in a fight you could turn me inside out faster than I could say 'bless you'. Just... Don't take my free will away from me again. And if possible, don't make me forget. If you need some assurances, then I will... allow you to make me keep your secret. I would anyway, but I understand that you likely don't trust me." He exhaled a shaky breath. Was he really okay with this? She was going to feed on him. What would it be like? A part of him was excited while the rest was terrified. He had known for some time that he was a bit of a masochist, but how far would that go? "Then... Take what you want. Well, obviously please don't leave me for dead." Hopefully that didn't have to be said, but it was worth saying. Fuck, he really was a dumbass. Hopefully not a suicidal one.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

For as hard as he was fighting before... this was a change of tune. Not that she was going to complain. Maybe her apology pressed some human button. Maybe he just felt bad for her, since this was literally how she survived. Nevertheless, he was willing to let her feed, under a few peramiters. Even let her make sure he didn't squeal. There was... a giant opportunity here. For one, a meal. One she was definitely not going to turn down. But... he was willing. And he was going to let her suggest him. Not that she was intending to do anything but what he was asking. Still, there was a bigger picture here. It was really rare to find someone that was knowingly willing to be fed from. It reminded her of Beauregard and Rika, however smug the girl was about it.

"You're very fair." She said after a moment of consideration, stepping forward some with her hand extended. "And, I don't think you're dumb. You didn't run, so there's that." Flattery, right? "Just to cover my own ass, I'm going to take you up on making sure you don't tell. But, if I say anything other than that, feel free to freak out on me." Sometimes the truth got you the furthest.

"We'll do that after, though." She said, glancing to his... well, his neck was really far up there, wasn't it?
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He nodded slowly, his heart slowly elevating as it sunk in. He was really going to do this. Alright then. "If I can avoid a premature demise, I will. Not everything needs to end in a fight." Was his simple answer as he accepted the hand she offered. His pulse was strong enough now for even him to feel. Dammit, calm down.

"I've never done this before... Should we um, find somewhere less public than an alley? Or is this fine? It might be bad if I simply passed out here, not sure how much you plan to take..." He released her hand as quickly as he'd taken it, the deal had been struck. Now there was just the logistics to figure out. "Also, how do you prefer? Neck? Wrist? Sorry, I've only ever seen bad film renditions." Isaac? Flustered? Noooo... He was just nervous enough to threaten shaking in his boots. He held firm though, the only evidence of his mild uncertainty was his thundering heart. That couldn't be helped though, human nature and all...
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gosh, he got nervous real quick. Was it her or was his heartbeat doubly loud in her ears. It was intense, and she had to take a second to swallow and run her tongue across the back of her teeth to make sure she hadn't fanged up prematurely. That would be embarrassing. He stumbled through questions, his hand warm in her cold one, and she looked over his wrist. That could work. But he proposed somewhere quieter, and if it was going to be that easily done, she was going to take advantage of being able to move them. She looked up at him with a slightly charmed smile, humming out a small chuckle as he dropped his hand."You talk too much, Isaac. Calm down." Said endearingly, of course, she wasn't going to be rude.

"Do you mind going to your car?" She questioned through a slightly aching throat. Ugh, it better be worth it. "I prefer neck, but I can't reach you standing." Really, it was whatever. She could feed from a dick, if she wanted. Not that she would. But she could.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Her words made him blink, and finally a smile crept through his serious demeanor, it was crooked on his scruffed face, a warm look. One that wasn't seen often. He took three steadying breaths, feeling his heart start to calm a bit. Right. This would be fine, he would be fine. She was... nice after all. "Sure, I'm parked a block away. I can drive us somewhere more secluded." He'd parked just off the main strip, so doing this there... would also be too public, but he knew a place nearby, secluded, and dark.

With a sideways tilt of his head towards the direction of the car he would lead the way. Long legs unused to slowing down to keep shorter people happy strode on, making quick work of reaching the classic black mustang. His pride and joy this was. He unlocked the car from the passenger side, holding the door open. "After you."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was... increasingly compliant. To the point where she wasn't sure if her suggestion for him to trust her had actually been a failure at all. Maybe it just took a bit to kick in? Nah. So, then, she had a few other ideas. One; maybe he was just more comfortable with the idea of this if she didn't fuck with his mind. Or, two; he was trying to lure her into a trap. While it was probable, she was... pretty sure she could tell if he was being dishonest about any intentions, right? If he was lying about anything, she'd know. Right?

Either way, as long as he wasn't leading her to somewhere with a blow torch, then she was confident she could take him. Like he'd said, she could turn him inside out in an instant. She definitely liked the feeling of that, and the fact that he was aware of it. So she followed, more at his side than behind or in front of him, but she kept a comfortable distance. Mostly, for her benefit, because being too close was too tempting. Fang check. Nope, good. Okay.

It wasn't too long before they came upon the fancy little Mustang, and she found herself grinning as he opened the door for her. A brief glance inside to make sure they were alone, and then she settled down into the seat. She wouldn't buckle, and was poised to bust right back out if he tried anything crazy on the way back to his side of the car. If he didn't she'd look at him when he got in, and take in a small breath to pull in his scent. It was incredibly strong in here, surrounded entirely by the smell of him. But, they were definitely parked on the side of a busy street, and while most people might think they were making out if they saw them in here... he was willing to go even more private. "Where to? Wherever's comfortable for you. There's a park nearby." She knew only because she lived here.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She walked along side him, no need for unnecessary conversation as they traversed the sidewalk. He was a little disappointed that she didn't compliment his car, but that was simply his ego, easily bruised by some things, and not at all by others. She sat without buckling as he walked to his side after closing her door, and entered the vehicle with practiced grace. Isaac didn't bother telling her to buckle. If she went through the windshield for some strange reason, the only real damage would be to the car, and the glass was hardly irreplaceable.

"There's an old car park that is slated for tear down near here. Always empty, use it for work a lot." He simply answered without going into any more detail. Literally the only people he saw up there were the occasional couple bumping uglies in cars, and the odd junky. It would be a condo soon enough.

It only took about seven minutes to get there, and drive to the top level, parked out by a corner. With the lights of his car off, and the bulbs of the overhead lamps long past burnt out, it was nearly pitch black, and hard to even see his car save for the glint coming from the waxing moon above. They were alone, secluded and he was trying his best to remain calm. He pushed his seat back on its rails to get more room, as much as one could in an old sports car. Dammit he hoped he wouldn't bleed all over the leather. Not that it would be a first. For him. He'd gotten good at cleaning blood up over the years. From there, he unbuckled and turned to her. His keys in the cupholder, and his face stoic. His heart jumped again.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Sounds private enough." She said with an eager nod. Honestly, and this was a rare thing, she felt a bit out of her element here. Not entirely, she still felt in charge but... Well, meals were never this compliant unless they were suggested to be. Maybe he just... well, maybe he was into the idea of it. Maybe he was so gross dude that thought it was hot. Then again, he wouldn't be wanting to put it off, right? See? She didn't know.

But she'd sit pretty in the car, comment on the leather and how she always loved the smell of it, ask him how long he'd had it. Eventually, they made it to the car park, and she sat up to attention as he readied himself in his seat. How convenient! He looked at her like the three dudes she'd taken the virginity of in her life, eager and excited and absolutely terrified. Safiya's lips pouted some as she hummed, moved a hand to stroke along the side of his hair, over his ear. "Relax, Isaac. It won't hurt, I can promise that. Just..." She said, keeping her tone light and taking in a deep breath, before letting it out. Her senses filled with his sweetness, and she couldn't help the droop of her eyelids as she leaned in toward him. Fang check; they were there.

She would take his chin in one hand, while the other trailed along to the back of his neck, then down his shoulder. Soft, gentle, caressing. The tip of her nose trailed along the line of his jaw, and she inhaled, then exhaled again, her breath washing over the warm skin of his neck. She could hear his heartbeat, feel his pulse. But she'd prolong it, just a moment more, so he could relax into it.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

As they drove she began asking about the car, which made him grin in a relaxed manner, his hands loosened on the wheel, less white knuckle driving and more appreciative car owner style. He talked about how he reupholstered the damn seats himself after getting the car. It had been in rough shape all of those years ago when he first became able to afford his own set of wheels. He'd brought her back to life, and given the old car love. Now she purred like a happy kitten on the road. He didn't buy her to be some big shot 'old car collector', he'd gotten her because she had been neglected, was cheaper than a new car, and had character. Then he'd helped her find her beauty once more. A work of pride this was.

His relaxed state continued until they were ready for the... business? He sat poised in his seat, heart hammering as she faced him. Fuck, he was scared. And excited, and curious, and so many other things he could hardly label. He half expected his body to take control, open the door and make a run for it... but he sat. Waiting.

She reached forward, and he forced himself not to flinch, but a small twitch of an eye betrayed his momentary split instinct to pull away. She stroked his hair, down the side of his face, telling him to relax. He wasn't afraid of it hurting to be honest, pain wasn't something he shied away from... most of the time. Every masochist had their limits. It was... he was more afraid that he'd enjoy it. It would be easier for it to be traumatizing. He took a few steadying breaths as she drew near, his heart slowing some but still rapid enough to betray his insecurities.

The way she touched him, positioned him... it was all so gentle. He hadn't been touched like that in so long... he couldn't even recall the last time. He almost longed for more as her breath tickled his neck, heat pooling in the tips of his ear, and threatening to push other places. He forced his mind away, focused on the feeling of his car supporting his back, focused on the work he still had to do after this. His heart slowed as he calmed. Isaac closed his eyes to better remove himself from this, to keep from panicking, or hell, enjoying this too much. Last thing he needed was her to think he was some perv. But her touching him this way... it was hard to keep things in check. Dammit. He continued to relax into her touch, his shoulders loosening as his breathing regulated. He kept his hands on his thighs, forced himself not to touch her back. That wasn't part of the arrangement. He'd sit pretty, a quiet meal.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It was hard not to slip into something that felt as natural as intimacy. It was her nature, really. Never one to shy away from being close to someone she was interested it. Preferring it, really. And for as much of a headache as Isaac had caused thus far, the turn in demeanor and willingness had sparked the reason she'd wanted to pursue him in the first place. He was hot, he was nice, and he was a psychic. And, she could tell, was pretty into this.

With a soft hum, she nestled her lips into the crook of his neck, placed a single kiss there, before parting her lips. The bite would be gentle, and he would only feel a small pinch before the area numbed to the pain of her fangs slipping into his skin. It was impossible not to sigh into it as she pulled in the first drag of what she had to tell herself would be a paced feeding. But his blood was sweet, and as soon as it washed past her tongue and down her throat, she was aware that it would be harder to stop than a normal feeding. For now, he'd be fine if she took a few more mouthfuls. Already, her cheeks began to feel fuzzy, and the headiness she used to only achieve with four shots of vodka came to greet her.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

His heart quickened in his chest as she touched her lips to his neck, it was like watching a nurse with a needle inch towards a vein. "Just a pinch" they'd say. Only this was so, so very much better. No less nerve wracking though. He sucked in a quick breath as fangs punctured little holes in his flesh, opening the vein for her to drink from. He'd expected something more? Other than that initial pinch there was a numbing sensation over the access point. No ripping feeling, no feeling of a tongue lapping away at his life force... just numbness. It was both disappointing and a cause for relief.

What he did feel, were the telltale signs of blood loss. Not severe of course, for she'd only been drinking for a few mouthfulls. His own mouth felt a bit dry, and his body relaxed into the contact. He wanted more touching he realized, wanted the intimacy she had started with. A strange want, for someone who had been moments away from getting mindfucked into oblivion... but this wasn't half bad if they had some more comforting adjustments.

She did smell kind of nice, especially when this close to him, and he found himself reaching to pull her slightly closer. Not sexually, but just as a confirmation that it was alright to continue. He didn't feel scared anymore, despite his pulse still thundering away. Curiosity as to what he'd feel like after had found him, and he wanted to make sure she got what she needed for this risk she was taking to be worth it. Well, for him too. They were both taking a risk.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

God, was it good. She didn't get to feed from psychics all too often. There was risk in it, and after getting a bunch of ice in the gut, she was more careful. This was a blessing, honestly, and any trepidation she had had about it leading up to getting into this position began to fade away. If they could have, her cheeks would have started to warm. Instead, she pressed in closer, pining for his warmth. The hand at his chin stayed steady, but she snaked the other down the slope of his neck, over his shoulder, then down the length of his arm. She found is limp noodle hand in his lap, and with an insistence of someone eager to enjoy a full experience, tugged it to rest at her side.

Feeding from a limp body was awkward and made her feel gross. She'd rather he enjoyed it as much as she was. And she was, very much so. To the point where it was hard to imagine pulling away. He was big, right? He could stand to lose more blood than the usual suspects of her feedings. And it wasn't like she could overdose on psychic blood.... right? Sure. Just a bit longer... two more long sips wouldn't hurt.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was beginning to feel the bloodless as more than just a passing thought. He felt floaty, a little buzzed. She pressed herself against him and coaxed his hand into moving to her waist. So he was allowed to touch? To enjoy himself? The closeness of being alone in his car, in the dark of night with her scent enveloping him was hard to resist.

He wrapped one strong arm around her waist and pulled her against him, as much as he could with their limited space. His other hand grazed up her arm, over her neck before he let his long fingers get lost in her hair.

His body felt unbelievably relaxed as she drank from his life force, a small sigh of enjoyment escaped him as he kept his eyes closed, breathing in the shampoo or whatever hair product she'd used. Damn, he really had to get out more.

He did notice how cold she felt, and bit by bit their temperatures were getting closer to each others.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She'd let him touch her, and boy did he touch her. She didn't mind it, enjoyed the feeling of being pressed to a warm body. He enjoyed it, too. She could tell in the way he pulled her in, in how he relaxed against her, the little sigh. It was hot and it was intoxicating and... wow, she really needed to stop. She didn't want to, but she had to. If she didn't, he'd die. So, after a final pull from the vein she'd opened, Safiya pulled away. A swift lick across the wound, both to make the most of what was left, and to make sure the wounds would close.

There, she lingered, her head in the crook of his neck as a dizzying wave of ecstasy rolled through her. A smile formed across her lips, and she hummed as she place a tiny kiss against the puncture wounds. Then, she took a breath in of his sweet smell, and pulled away. She felt like she was moving through molasses. Her body weighed a thousand pounds. Her movement was slow and her hands lingered across him for a moment before she sat heavily back into the seat. Warm. For now. A rare feeling. The smile remained as she tilted her head against the headrest, and let it roll so that she could peer over at him through hooded eyes. "You liked that." She said, unable to really feel her lips but knowing that was her voice coming out.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He felt spent, light headed and exhausted, but not in a bad way. She took one last drink from him before retreating, offering a lick and kiss that he couldn't feel for the numbing. Had he the strength, he may have tried to keep her there, against his cooling body as a shiver found him, but his arms felt like overcooked spaghetti.

Did he regret this? No. Would he possibly do it again? ...... Likely.

She sat back in the seat and turned her head to him, looking equally as blissful and drunk as he felt. He managed a weak smile, wanting terribly to nap. Or eat. Fuck he was starving now, despite the fact that the thought of food made him feel a little naseaous. That was simply anemia talking though.

Iris called him out, causing him to blink lazily st her because he wast currently able to do much else. "I shouldn't. But yes. Quite a lot actually." his speech was slowed, even slightly slurred as he tried to speak with a heavy tongue.

"Is that... Bad?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Aw, oh gosh, how cute. He was embarrassed by it, or really just voicing better judgement. Really, he shouldn't, for safety reasons. But, it was so fun to like it. "Lots of things people shouldn't like but do anywaayyy!" She singsonged, grinning. A hand reached out to lightly bat at his arm, "Yoooouuu liked it." A tease! Haha! He hit her with a dumpster and she still got to feed from him! Hah! "And so did I. And no one's..." She reached to poke at his cheek, "Hurt!"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It was a little reassuring that a) she wasn't creeped out by him enjoying it, and b) other people apparently enjoyed it as well. It was... Less scary for some reason. A little less damning.

While he felt spent, a little buzzed, but more like he hadn't slept in two or three days, she sounded positively three sheets to the wind. Drunk on his blood. How lovely. She sang and batted at his arm, and in a more... Lively state, he may have swatted away her teasings.

In his current state of exhaustion he couldn't help but find the ordeal... Funny. He felt something bubbling in his chest, threatening to escape. He covered his face with his large hands and felt his body shaking. It may have looked like he was crying for a moment... Until a snort escaped him and his uncontrollable, overtired, anaemic laughter escaped him.

"I can't tell if I feel wonderful or terrible right now. I doubt I could drive in this state," he managed after calming down some, his voice breathy as he too leaned back in his seat, head turned to face his company.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was so cute and floppy right now! She was also cute and floppy! They had so much in common! "Then don't drive yet." She said numbly, moving to paw at his arm and tug at his sleeve. "Stay with me heeeere!" She hummed, grinned, and then let out a bubbly chuckle. Her eyes fell shut for a moment, and her head lurched in a good way. Ah! Amazing. When her eyes opened, she fixed them on Isaac. "You feel good. Don't- don't feel terrible. Good!" She nodded encouragingly. "You made me feel good." Duh!
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He watched the vampire next to him with half-lidded eyes, a soft smile on his lips as he relaxed into his seat. She tugged on his sleeve, and he wished for a moment they weren't in a cramped car, but somewhere much more comfortable... without a center console. It was cute, the way the woman behaved. Very... unvampire like. Or perhaps this is what vampires were actually like? He tried picturing the cinematic Dracula acting in such a bubbly drunk manner. Nope, it just seemed wrong. Perhaps this was just how blood affected her?

"Does all blood make you so... floaty?" He asked, his brain incapable of coming up with any better descriptors in it's current shape. He reached and gently took her hand that had been tugging at him, his long fingers gently tracing the lines on her palm. It was mesmerizing, all of the little details. Gosh he could get so distracted when he felt this way, half empty of blood and brains.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was so cute. Like a big cuddly dog. When he wasn't barking and throwing dumpsters at her. He questioned her intoxication, and she tried her best to keep her grin from being too sly as she shook her head, "Nope," She hummed, watching him trail over her palm, "I think it may just be you." A lie, but he deserved to feel special, right? She liked to feel special. "Are you reading my palm?" She questioned in a honeyed coo.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Despite the lack of blood running through his veins, his inebriated self managed to shamelessly flush a bit at her words. It was... nice to know he could have such impact on her. He continued to trace lines on her palm, unaware of any significant meaning. "Mmmm, yes- didn't you realize? I have psychic abilities," A dumb wink was shot at her before a drunken chuckle escaped him. Psychic yes, palm reader, very much no. "This line here has many breaks in it-" He traced one very long line from index finger to the base of her wrist, "I'm no expert but I think that means you'll be having many pleasant feedings in the near future."

He was only partially aware of what he was offering, but hell, so long as she didn't mind fuck him, or drain him to death... honestly, he was alright with being her blood bag. Especially if it always made him feel this good. Isaac examined her hand more, pondering before looking back up at her face with a boyish grin.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Clever, clever. She grinned despite herself, breathing out a little laugh at how it tickled when he traced her life line. He used the method he had with Lazarus once. A fake reading into the future. It was a future she definitely wasn't going to deny. "Well, as long as a skilled psychic like yourself thinks so." She said after a moment, still feeling fuzzy but able to make words now. When he grinned up at her, she pressed her lips together and looked over his face. She liked this one. But, it reminded her of the deal they'd made. "I do have to make sure it stays between us, though." She reminded.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was pleased that she hadn't completely laughed him off with his cheesy line, but rather played along. She could get fed, and he could feel drunk for free. Well, at the price of his blood, but it was a currency that was auto renewing.

" So long as we keep to the agreed terms..." he managed, scrunching his eyebrows to focus. He looked her straight in the eyes, still blissfully unaware that the direct gaze was a necessary element in what was about to happen. A level headed, sober Isaac would have gone over their arrangement at length, but this Isaac... Ah she knew what she was doing, he trusted her stupidly enough not to fuck with his brain too much.

Maintaining eye contact, he lifted her hand to his mouth slowly, offering a feather light kiss to the inside of her wrist before speaking quietly through the silence of the car, " do what you must."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was so worried, but he didn't need to be. She didn't have any reason to not be straight up about it. He was willing without suggestions, consenting and enjoying himself. She just didn't need him spreading too much word about it. Good thing he still thought her name was Iris. She wasn't sure if that was the name she wanted to stick with, but it was too late now. There was an impulse to word it directly, bar him from even speaking about it at all, to anyone. But there was the memory of that one girl, who's palms she'd read. It was a big conclusion to jump to, but she'd been so sure that there had been some fucked up, sloppy suggesting going on. Safiya didn't want that here. If she were in a better state of mind, she may have texted Beauregard and asked how to word it well. But, she was winging this, so here it went.

"If you ever talk about this, to anyone... or are ever being suggested to tell someone, never give anyone any details about me." That... worked? He could still talk about it, if he wanted. Tell someone about his vampire with benefits. But they'd never know it was her. Not even another vampire suggesting it out of him. It felt safe, and it stuck. She gave him a satisfied smile. "And don't let that scare you. I'll make sure you stay safe. But, you have powers, too. What are they?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He hadn't realized he was holding his breath until it slowly released after her words took hold. It was an odd sensation, one he had to admit he didn't care for, unlike the feeding. But, she had kept her word.

He was still slightly tense after having the woman manipulate his mind, so he focused on their conversation in hopes of returning to his sleepy, relaxed state.

"Well you saw my telekinesis," he began, unsure if he should say more. Considering his second power wasn't one used for attack or defence, he didn't see the harm in it. "And I can see the history of things I touch. Not living things mind you, just inanimate objects."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah, she had. "I felt it." She joked dryly, but all in good humor. The second one was... really weird and interesting, and Safiya found herself incredibly jealous. "That helps with the PI thing, I bet." She said, leaning forward some. To be able to just... see shit that happened to stuff he touched. "Does it work on, like... I dunno, you said not living, but like hair or something?" Master criminal investigator.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He offered a toothy grin, a slight baring of teeth in a joking manner, as if to say 'I'm not all bark'. Her next words brought a nod to his head as he shrugged, "It definately helps, but is mostly just a pain. Took a long time to learn control. I used to have to wear gloves everywhere, now I'm just careful about what I touch."

Her query was an interesting one for sure, but bore an unfortunate answer- or, fortunate depending on the situation; "No, I've never had a reaction from anything that once was a living creature, no dead animals, no hair, no blood. An object with blood splatter on it though... That would suck me right in." Still holding her hand in one of his, his thumb absently rubbed her knuckles as he pondered how best to explain his strange ability.

"It's kind of like volume control. Objects are like white noise of memories and emotion. If an object has been connected to a lot of strong emotions, especially violence, the noise becomes so loud that it is impossible to ignore." He paused, contemplating an example, "Like a lost wedding ring of a woman whos husband recently died. The emotions and memories on that item would be so loud that even with my training to block out that white noise, it would get through. I tend to wear gloves when I'm working so I can focus in on only important or relevant noise."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was chattier now, probably recovering from the momentary loopiness that came from being fed from. She listened, interested if not having to really focus on taking in the words. It helped him, but not as much as it would have if it worked for hair and stuff. Murder evidence, though, like things left behind... That was so sick. "That's crazy. Ew, imagine touching a motel bed." She said as the words came to her brain, not really thinking of them before hand. Gross.

"How far back can you look?" Privately, and maybe a little guiltily, she thought about ways she could use this to her advantage. Aside from making him work for her during psychic readings... she didn't have a use for it, really? Was there anything she ever wanted to look back on?
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He scrunched his face at her suggestion, and shook his head. "Been there, done that... not thanks." The memory of the last time he tried to sleep in a motel had caused him to never try staying in unfamiliar public-ish beds ever again. Rooms such as those were ripe with memories and emotions. Most of them unpleasant to peak in on, and nearly impossible to avoid without gloves. Though, after seeing those memories, he'd never enter a hotel or motel without gloves again... and maybe a mask. Even if they were cleaned regularly... knowing what happened there was enough to make him mentally deem them forever unclean.

Isaac pondered the next question, and slowly shook his head. "I-I'm not actually sure. It depends on the object really. What kind of memory or emotion is woven into it. My record was nearly six decades, but I couldn't see every little detail. just the bits of history that stood out, which was few and far between." He didn't mention how fucked he'd been after that bout with the watch, how long it took him to recover from the exhaustion and mental onslaught.

"Other than general mind control, do you have any powers?" He asked, he didn't expect her to answer honestly, but with his openness... one could only hope. "Or did you? Before..."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That made sense. Damn, six decades. That was far enough back to be impressive for Safiya. "Cool," She hummed with a nod. She'd keep it in mind. Her nose scrunched at his question and she chuckled, "Mind control sounds so evil." She said with a shake of her head. Now came the time to decide if she wanted to tell him the truth. Both of her abilities would be useful for this relationship they were going to have. But, so was being truthful. What to do. "I can tell if someone is lying." She decided. Now he knew not to lie to her, and he knew the truth. Some of it, anyway. "I'm a walking lie detector test. We could solve so much crime together." She grinned. Hell yeah, Iris and Isaac, wonder team.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He smirked a little at her words. "Well, all abilities could be a little evil, depending on who uses them, and to what end. What else would you call it other than mind control?" It was an honest question, and there was nothing but curiosity in his gaze. He wasn't trying to argue or mock, simply learn in his drunken state.

Hearing of her other abilities made him glad he'd been nothing but forthright with her. "How's that work? You get a little alarm bell in your brain?" The thought of working with anyone, let alone a vampire wasn't something he'd consider. He was very much a lone wolf unless he was forced to work with others. Though... having a supernatural ball of strength at his back wouldn't be terrible in some of the situations he came across... nah, best not consider it.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"I prefer 'suggestions', but whatever floats your boat." She said with shrug. In the end, she still did sort of control his mind. At the question, she tilted her head and pursed her lips. "More or less. It's just a gut feeling." It was hard to explain. "Here, play two truths and one lie with me." She prompted, searching his face as a devious grin bloomed across her own.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The wording was somewhat amusing, it didn't feel like a suggestion at all. If it worked, there wasn't any free will involved, unlike a true suggestion where you can decide to disregard it. He'd respect her comfort though and forego calling it mind control. When she was around at least.

It would be an amusing little game, and so he nodded, pondering what to say. "Alright... Let's see." His hand released hers as he separated himself from her immediate personal bubble. Didn't want her using vampire powers to... oh, I don't know, feel his heart race? Or something? "I'm the tallest in my family, my favourite ice cream flavour is rocky road, and I have a guilty pleasure of watching friends reruns." His trained expression was level as he spoke, no shake in his voice or flicker in his eye.

Italics are the lie.

Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Funnnn.

She straightened up, and folded her hands on her lap as she fixed her eyes on his face and pulled her second power forward. No white in the eyes, conveniently, because being a strong vampire was neat like that. Anyway. He was the tallest, check. His favorite ice cream... wasn't rocky road. Which she was glad because that was gross. And he liked to watch Friends. Which was amazing. She'd never guess.

"Friends is amazing, but you don't sit on your giant couch for giant people and eat rocky road. What's your actual favorite flavor?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh