A Cover Is Not the Book

Belle Vista 
Directly after the events of this thread

The drive wasn’t very long and was relatively quiet besides the engine and the sound of tires on asphalt as Frank made the way through the city streets and eventually quieter neighborhoods. He’d fully expected to leave the scene back in Restaurant Row with some kind of injury by just how aggressive the vampire had seemed, but instead, the only blood on him was from where the girl had pressed her neck towards his collar and shoulder. Yana stepping in had made a world of difference and he sincerely hoped she was as well as it had seemed before he’d left the area.

Parking in the driveway finally, he quietly got out and made the way over towards where the woman was currently passed out in the passenger seat. She’d been conked out the whole time and it was worrisome. Unbuckling her, he helped slide the strap off before lifting her into his arms as carefully as possible. Closing the door with a dull thud, the car was locked with a flashing of lights as Frank picked his way to the front door. There, there was a bit of juggling with keys and the weight in his grasp, but eventually he got it to to unlock before making the way inside.

With the outside put away and in his own space, tension left Frank’s shoulders considerably. For now, he set the woman up in the guest room, lightly positioning her head on a pillow. From an initial check of her pulse, everything seemed to be fine. Heading to the bathroom, he began busying himself finding a washcloth to help clean up her neck and hair a tad while puttering around trying to get potential needs out and ready for anything. Soon enough, hopefully, Yana would be here so he could see to her as well and they could figure out how to resolve this whole fiasco. Till then, Frank would resolve to do what he could while keeping an ear out just in case the vampire had decided to follow.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She liked to pride herself in being thorough - liked to think of herself as efficient. So even though the matter of the peculiar human was a serious one, she drove around restaurant row and the surrounding neighborhoods at a crawl for some time. Keeping her eyes and her nose on edge, some slight sign of rot or a blur of movement from her peripheral. Content he was good and gone, only then did she turn and head for Frank's house, only half wandering if then and there was a good time to call Mathis.

Perhaps Frank already had, perhaps not.
Maybe later, definitely later.

Her side stung as she stretched to get out once she'd parked behind him, starting up the drive and adjusting her jacket (even though it was too warm for it). Shifting her weight as she listened for anything peculiar, minded her posture and waited to be received.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There was the slight sound of an engine outside that had him pausing. A moment or so and his cat was loudly proclaiming they had a were visitor. Frank sincerely hoped it was Yana as he put down items and set a brisk pace down the hallway. Turning the knob, Frank opened the door to see exactly whom he had hoped. She was standing, looking alert, all good signs, but still his gaze went about looking for anything amiss.

”Come in please,” he said earnestly, moving out of the way so she could do just that. If she would, he’d close the door behind before continuing. ”Are you hurt?”
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She relaxed a bit when the door opened, forced something close to a smile as she mumbled a thank you and headed inside. Only then did she shrug out of her jacket, lifting her arm to showcase the tatters along her side, where the fabric stuck close to the blood that welled towards the surface. "It'll be alright, it's not grave." More of a scratch than anything else, but a scratch with what had felt like well-sharpened blades.

"You're alright? The girl?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

As a jacket was taken off, his attention was snagged towards the material and blood on display for him, worry etched onto his face more so. ”I’m still going to take a look at it.” This was better than the worst he’d seen, but still.

As for the question on the girl. ”She passed out on me and is in the guest room. From what I can tell, she’s okay, just exhausted,” he responded with a motion down the hall where said room was.

Feet already taking him onwards into the house, he continued with a tired smile. ”And I’m fine, just jumpy.” He made the way towards where he’d started to rifle things out just in case, gauze and alcohol wipes in the forefront of his mind. While they waited for the woman to wake up, he'd make the bet use of the time and see to Yana.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Fine, if you'd like." Theoretically, she could just heal it herself - but she wouldn't diminish his efforts to help. Following just behind him, she winced as she pulled her shirt up to under her breasts, exposed the whole of the four curved lines. She would watch him as she stayed there, tried to play the part of a good and cooperative patient while she chewed over the circumstances.

"I assume she's seen too much to just ... leave."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He offered a hum in agreement towards wanting to do this for her. It would make Frank feel better knowing she was attended to in that department as well as it’d be a way of saying thank you for showing up to help him. Walking into the hall bathroom that’s light was still on from prior, he reached for a package of alcohol wipes off the counter and would turn to see her with the shirt pushed up. To her credit, it definitely didn’t look bad as she’d described now that the fabric was out of the way for him to see properly as well. It’d be simple and he sighed in relief, glad she hadn’t just been putting a brave face on.

Opening a sealed wipe, the alcohol quickly perfumed the air and he grimaced some at her question. Beginning to dab at the side, he looked up at her face briefly before back down at the marred skin. He wasn’t sure what she was implying there, hopefully just the need for a warning. ”That depends on if she still believes a vampire’s words when she comes to.” He’d also ran really fast with her in his arms, but Frank honestly wasn’t sure if that had even registered for the girl considering her state, that or anything else that was completely out of the norm. Setting about more broadly cleaning each now while being careful with pressure, he'd finish and move onto bandages next.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She would aim to be the ideal patient, keep still and cooperative and do little about the sting of the alcohol except for wince. When he dismissed the idea that the situation was a precarious one, she shot him a look. "The girl was attacked by a fully unleashed vampire, she presumably will remember that we saved her from a creature with fangs and talons. If you think that isn't suspicious Frank than I worry about your mental state."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That wasn’t a reply he was hoping for and Frank stifled a sigh. A person with suspicions about who was a were wasn’t a good position to be found in. He hated the idea that they might have saved her from one set of fangs only to be forced into another predicament where there was definitely a threat of them, his own included. Now that he was having a moment away from the initial need to get her out of there, it was a solid truth right smack dab in front of him, summed up perfectly by Yana. It reminded Frank that the girl knew about him being a were and that wasn’t the best feeling to know yet another human did. That was dangerous and his jaguar was offering all sorts of advice to solve this which it all ended with teeth.

Crumbling the wipe up to put back into the same foil package, he set that on the countertop before grabbing for the roll of gauze. ”I’m not discrediting that. I was just hoping she might chalk anything weird about us to exhaustion.” He took the pin out and began unfolding some, looking up at her as he did so. ”Or, I hate I’m saying this, that the vampire might’ve gotten her convinced nothing happened.” What with their mind games, or whatever it was.

Directing attention to what he was doing, Frank went to hold the start of the gauze to Yana’s side before unrolling and wrapping it around her, his brows stitched.

”It outed me so I don’t…,” and he let that trail off, not knowing what to do in all honesty to solve this. Other things he knew, but this kind of thing? No. Prior experience did little other than knowing he should say something.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It was an absurd amount of care for a few scratches that would heal quick and without risk of infection. But she allowed him his work, moved wordlessly to help him hold the gauze and scoffed at the idea of the girl simply forgetting. It was a very optimistic outlook, very sunshine for the incident that they were coming down from.

"I'm not suggesting we kill her, Frank." She kept her voice down low for the sake of discretion. "I'm simply suggesting that it might be on our best interest to see to it that she exits your home changed. Belle Vista, thankfully, has managed to avoid public spectacle after spectacle, I'm not interested in breaking that streak."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Her sleep was not peaceful, the herbalists mind filled with images of movement in the dark, fang, blood, and breaking bones. She kept seeing the man's face change, a man that had the appearance of a tax accountant had been such a monster.

Florian woke with a start, her eyes flashing open as she tried to sit up. It wasn't a good idea. A groan escaped her as her core, ribcage, abdomen... It really did feel like what she imagined getting run over felt like. That vampire had hit her with such force, such speed... She was lucky her spine didn't break. Some of her ribs may not have been so lucky.

Florian couldn't stop the tears as she sunk back down into the mattress. She was in an unfamiliar house, in pain, and terrified. Covering her face with her hands she cried as quietly as she could, the only words coming out were "Jackie", and "scared". She felt like a child, spooked by the boogie man. Only she was in her forties, and the boogie man had tried to rip her throat out for snack time. One hand came down to rest on the spot where she'd been bitten. Did this mean ... Was she one of them now? Would she turn into a vampire? The tears fell harder.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He stopped and pinned it after a light cover. It’d probably heal fine soon anyways, but bandaids didn’t really work for this kind of thing so oh well, overdone handling never hurt anyone. No one could fault him for not caring here in the end. ”When you take a shower you can leave this off after.”

Pulling away, he stilled considerably at Yana’s words, watching her with disbelief, waiting a moment to truly get his words in order here without offending as much as he truly could. “I understand… But, you can’t.” Frank could hear his heartbeat in his ears. That would ruin her life, he couldn’t allow that. “I didn’t get her out of there only to get turned, especially in my house,” he said tightly, matching the level of volume on display.

Speaking of, it seemed she was awake. A sudden soft intake of breath and sobs floated by and he set down the gauze to the counter. ”There has to be another way.”

Walking past her if allowed, he went off to the guest room assuming Yana would follow.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Can't. Can not? The good nature dipped from her face in degrees, the drop of her brows, the way the corners of her lips fell until her mouth was drawn into a tight line. Quietly, she moved, stopped in front of the hall to intercept the doctor from his intended destination down the hall. She planted herself like a certain rose bush, head high as she looked down her nose at one Frank Beringer and felt more than heard the hissing and spitting of her own beast.

"This is your house, Frank Beringer - but this isn't your land. And while I will do my level best not to stain your floors, if I say she's to be secured, then that is what is going to happen. I respect you as a doctor, a man, and a Were. But you will not stand in my home and tell me what I am going to do, especially if you offer no alternative solution besides: We make her pinky swear." She kept her voice low, mindful of the whimpering down the hall. "Do we understand one another?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh