Under A Pale Moonlight

Emerald Falls 
Wow, he could tell there was something different about this man..something more powerful about the otter. It must be the age.

"I'm nineteen. Around February me and my brother went out camping back in California, where I'm from. And we found a hurt otter in the river, well when I tried to help it, it bit me so I guess that's how I got 'infected' or what ever you call it. A month later I woke up one night at the edge of a river with dead fish and oysters around me. "

It had been a rough start. He hadn't know what was going on or happening to him until he met a lady in a shopping mall who apparently took pity on him and told him that he was a were and a little bit about what was going on. The meeting had been brief and given him more questions then answers.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wildwind listened to him, and when he mentioned California and otters, he wondered if it had been an old group he'd tried to join. Clear;y they were having problems if that was how they were treating people they bit. He felt bad for the boy- being alone on that first night and waking up like that without knowing what you were doing.

"I'm sorry that was your experience. I ran into a group of them playin in a river in Alaska and after some otters who hadn't shifted attacked me and knocked me out, they took to this little village they had created for themselves and they asked if I wanted to join them, and I did. But I had an older otter assigned to me for my first few years as a new otter." It had been good times, truly.

"I can take care of ya," he said gently, moving a hand to squeeze on Yujin's shoulder. "At least the otter part of ya."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He was surprised at the sudden squeeze on his shoulder. Hadn't realized that his experience was not the common one. But he supposed it made since, wouldn't people care for each other.

There was comfort. He wasn't alone with his otter anymore, there was now someone who could tell him what was happening.

"Thank you."

It was the only words he could think to say. There was to much emotion to think of anything more eloquent or well meaning.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wildwind smiled at the boy and moved his hand away from his shoulder as they came around a bend in the path where there was a break in the trees. "We're close to the trail head if ya wanted to call you body guard," he said quietly, as they continued down the path.

He really didn't have much else to say in the moment. In fact, he didn't tend to talk much at all. The conversation he was having with the boy was the most he'd spoken in years, and in an interesting twist of events, he actually found that he enjoyed talking to another person.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yujin flipped his phone open and sent off a message to let Ollie know he was okay and that he would be back after breakfast. Once he was done with that he stowed the phone back into his bag and turned his attention back to Wildwind.

"Do you know any good places to eat around here? I haven't been in this area before. And I have some question to ask if you don't mind answering them. I guess you would prefer that here where no one else is around right?"

He took a breath and tried to sort out which questions he wanted to ask first.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Uh," he started, not really sure what he could say to Yujin about food place. "I don't really know many places by name. If I get hungry enough to need to eat from a restaurant, I tend to just go to whichever is closest. We are close to one of the smaller towns in the area." He wasn't sure of the name of that either, since he didn't spend a whole lot of time in Crestview.

He wasn't sure what kind of questions the boy had, but he was more than willing to try to do what he could to answer and help him out- it was part of his new role as self-appointed mentor for Yujin. "Yeah, askin here is better. Lay 'em on me," he said with a smile.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah that sounded like the kind of answer Wildwind would give, or at least the impression Yujin had of him so far.

"Okay soo. I know there are ways to stop the change from happening if you really want to right? But I've never been able to stop from changing on a full moon. And my ear piercings all closed up is that normal? Also a woman's cross burnt me the first week I was here and the scar still hasn't faded, which is stupid since everything else heals so fast. Am I going to be stuck with a stupid cross shaped burn on my arm forever? Does everyone I bit get infected? Is there anyone to prevent that? I don't want to infect Ollie and I don't want to hurt him, but I don't know how."

The questions came out like a flood. He had done something similar to Fletch, hopefully Wildwind wouldn't up and leave like that man had. It would suck to try and hire another private investigator especially after the scam.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The questions came almost lightning fast and Wildwind knew he'd have to do his best to remember everything.

"Okay, okay," he said, trying to pause the boy before he finally stopped. "You can't really stop the shift on a full moon. You'd have to be a really powerful otter to do that, and even then- I don't think I've ever seen one stop one on a full moon. We're just drawn to it. Your ear holes are gonna close up because your body heals very fast and everything that was wrong with it before will heal on its own." He sat down at the picnic table by the trail head and gave Yujin a grin.

"My old group- we turned a girl who wore thick glasses, and after she was turned, she didn't need them anymore. Anyway- what else was there ya asked? Oh- the burn. Crosses ain't gonna burn ya, that's only vampires. It must've been made of silver. Ya need to steer clear of real silver- it'll burn ya and if it stays on ya too long, it can kill ya. Silver takes a long time to heal, and it was on your skin for a while, then it might leave a scar. Ya want me to take a look at it?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yujin took a seat across from Wildwind and pulled the sleeve of his shirt up to show the little burn in the shape of a cross on his arm. It had slowly begun to fade over the couple months since he had gotten it, but it was still there.

So he wasn't going to not shift on a full moon..which kind of sucked. And sadly his ear piercings were gone forever. That sucked. Ollie had gotten him some for his birthday a few years ago and now he wouldn't be able to wear them ever again.

"So even if i get my ears pierced again is just going to heal up?And what about Ollie? If I bite him is he going to turn into an otter too?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wildwind grabbed his arm and looked at the burn closer, nodding. "Yep, that looks like a silver burn." Though really, he had no idea what a silver burn looked like. He'd never seen one before. That being said, it did at least look like it was still healing. "I suspect it'll go away soon enough." Again, he didn't actually know, but it was good to give the boy hope anyway- especially because he knew that he couldn't have pierced ears anymore.

"That's right. Any piercings ya have will just heal up. Possibly heal over the piercing if ya just try to leave them in." He gave Yujin a sympathetic frown, knowing that he probably wanted to still keep his piercings. "And no, people won't automatically turn if they're bitten or scratched. Sometimes the infection doesn't take hold. My first group had several otters bite me to make sure that I was infected."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So there was a possibility he wouldn't infect Ollie..but it wasn't a positive. He frowned at the burn thinking more on his body guard then on the stupid cross.

"Would I still infect him in human form?"

He was pretty sure he would never bite Ollie unless he was an otter. But well stranger things had happened. And better not to chance it at all.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wildwind shook his head. "Nah. You can only infect in otter form." He bounced his leg on his heel and looked around. He'd never been good at sitting still- part of the reason why he did so bad when he was forced to go to school. So, rather than sit, he stood up and paced back and forth in front of Yujin. "Sorry, restless feet. Always gotta move unless I'm asleep."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"As long as you don't try to teach me tai chi I don't care if you pace."

He said the words with a wry smile. Ollie's solution to a lot of things was working out.

"I think that's all the questions I have for now. Shall we go get food now?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wildwind didn't know what tai chi was, but he wasn't going to ask either. He was supposed to be the seasoned mentor- the one who knew all. He merely chuckled and gave the boy a nod. At the question of getting food, Wildwind seemed a little surprised.

"Oh," he said, realizing they could have left a while ago. "I thought we were waiting for your bodyguard. If we're not doing that, then yes, let's go." He was hungry, and it had been a while since he had something actually cooked that wasn't a fish he'd caught after an hour trying in the creeks and rivers.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh. He should have worded himself better.

"Oh no. Ollie just got out of the hospital a while ago. I wouldn't make him drive all the way here especially with a broken arm."

Though it hadn't stopped his bodyguard from being angry over the scam. Wait..was Ollie going to get hurt again?!

"I think he's a little mad at me right now anyways...I got scammed the other day which kind of upset him."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wildwind nodded as Yujin told him just little snippets of things going on in his life. Broken arms. Scams. Anger. It was hard for the older man to follow, as he didn't often need to listen to people talk. "Oh, I see," he said, lying again. Though this time it was evident in his face that he was confused by what was happening. "Always best not to break bones and be scammed."

If Yujin wanted to fill in the rest of the pieces, he could do so, but Wildwind wasn't one to typically pry into people's lives since he didn't often want people to pry into his. "I suppose we should head into the town across the river," he said, starting to walk towards the exit of the hiking area. He was used to walking everywhere, and the thought that there might be a car involved was not something that passed through his brain.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Poor Wildwind looked utterly confused, and Yujin felt bad. He should have told the whole story instead of just snippets.

"I can tell you the whole story if you want. It's kind of long though..."

He wasn't sure how far they would be walking so maybe they would have time. But he also didn't want to just launch into the story without the man' consent.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Your story is your own. If you'd rather parts be left unsaid, that's your right," Wildwind said gently. Every so often he came back with some wisdom, but they were always based on hard lessons he'd learned. There were parts of his life he didn't care to delve too far into, and if he could enjoy some privacy in that aspect, then so could others.

He was heading towards the bridge and turned back to look at Yujin. "You know, I think we were actually closer to a different town, but this one is nicer. You'd probably like the nicer place, right?" He didn't know if Yujin had ever been to Cedar Creek, but his own forays there, while fine for him, didn't always strike him as a place to spend a lot of time around.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yujin was far to willing to share much about his life with Wildwind, and the man didn't seem to be saying no which was about all he needed to launch into his story. Thankfully he caught the next question before beginning.

"Oh it doesn't matter to me. No point in being picky when you have an animal to feed."

He would give a shrug to fully attest to his lack of interest.

"So about the scam. I didn't know there were other otters here I mean obviously, so when I first moved here I met this shifter...some kind of dog-wolf I don't know, I thought he was a fox but he said he wasn't. Anyways I meet him and thought he could tell me more about this whole thing, so I hired a private investigator to try and get the mans number so I could contact him you know. Well the investigator turned out to be fake which of course I didn't find out until I had already paid him the 8,000 dollars. Although really it's not that much money so I mean Ollie shouldn't be that mad right?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh