I Just Got Scammed

Larkspur 
back dated to sometime early June

Ollie was home. Finally home, after weeks in the hospital. Yujin couldn't sleep, he paced over the carpet of his bedroom stopping every once in a while to peek out into the hall and listen for the steady breathing of his bodyguard. After a few hours of this he finally snuck his way into Ollie's room.

It was dark, but his eyes had adjusted a while ago and he could easily make out the shape of the bed, and the man sleeping in it. Ollie didn't like clutter, preferred a sparsely decorated room. Which meant there were no obstacles as Yujin made his way over and cautiously snuck onto the bed.

He sat a few inches away from Ollie at first. Hands itching to reach out and make sure the man was actually there. That this wasn't a dream. As the minutes passed he found himself reclining and inching closer, until eventually he could rest his head against Oliver's shoulder.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

His dreams had calmed down over the last few weeks. He was only having night terrors every couple of days now rather than every time he closed his eyes. He'd begun coming to terms with the horrors he'd faced, and although the inability to vocalize what had happened ate him up more and more every day... he was home now, and it helped... heal his mind and heart.

He slept near dreamless that night, his chest rising and falling. Unaware of the young man sneaking into his room, silent as only a shifter could. It was not the first time Yujin had done this, nor would it likely be the last. As a child if he got scared at night he'd often come to Oliver, who would wake to find the small form curled up next to him, much like a cat- or more recently, an otter.

The weight on his shoulder- thankfully the uninjured side- was enough to rouse him, only this time instead of the light grumble and shifting of weight before falling back to sleep, it startled him. His eyes shot open as they flared silver, his hardening ability covering every spot that the young man touched along his side. The skin, when he did such a thing didn't just become more durable. It became slightly cool to the touch, like metal. His heart pounded in his chest, and he held his breath, trying his best to not scream in shock at the sudden intrusion.

"Dammit Yujin!" He finally was able to say, breathless from holding the air in, "W-why are you awake?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yujin jumped a little when the skin against his cheek became cold and Ollie's breathing stopped for a few seconds. Fear was instantaneous, but it was quickly calmed when Oliver spoke.

"Couldn't sleep.I didn't want to be alone."

Now that Ollie was awake he felt no guilt about snuggling up to the man. He rested his head back against the other's shoulder letting the cool skin cool down his warm body.

"Need to make sure you're okay. That you're breathing."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

His heart pounded restlessly in his chest, the coolness of his power spreading as Yujin rested against him more. Having him so close put him on edge for some reason. Was it because Yujin was a shifter? Or just because of his recent trauma? He didn't know. He liked to think he was super liberal with all that was going on in the world, he wanted to be there for the man... but everything was still so fresh, and god dammit, he was scared. A lot lately. He forced himself to breath in and out slowly, his breath shaky as his eyes remained alight and liquid silver. He looked down at the smaller man in the crook of his arm, the extra heat he radiated was barely able to penetrate the hardening of his flesh. He could barely even feel Yujin touching him.

"Thank you, for your concern... but I need you to not sneak up on me like that okay? It's... after everything that happened I'm very jumpy right now." He was trying to be reasonable, but his voice shook.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yujin's face fell and he quickly tried to hide his expression by turning his face away,

"Oh..I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

The guilt was back now. He shouldn't have come into Ollie's room. Should have just let the man sleep. After all wasn't he disgusting now. Of course Ollie wouldn't want to be near him.

"I'll leave."

He mumbled and started to sit up. Tears burned at the corners of his eyes.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Part of him wanted to let Yujin go, to stand up and walk away. He wanted to be alone in his pain, in his fear. He'd been depressed after his mother died, fought again with depression after losing his team in the war... and now he felt it swallowing him up, every day since he was unable to fight off those vampires. His failure was what ate at him, and his fear of failing again. He forced himself not to take that out on Yujin.

Oliver reached out with his one good arm, half sitting up as he wrapped the cold limb around the shifter. He paused in the awkward half embrace, unsure of what to do. He chose instead to rest his forehead against Yujin's shoulder, exhaling deeply as he offered a small squeeze around the shifter's waist. "Sorry..."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

An arm encircled his waist and Ollie's head rested against his shoulder, stopping him from moving. He closed his eyes letting a few tears slip down his cheek. There was a soft squeeze and an apology. Apology for what? The air felt heavy between them. What was there to say? How many times could he say sorry for what he had become? That it wasn't Ollie's fault. He hated making Ollie feel guilty.

"It's okay. I know it's not easy..I should have given you more time. But I..I need you...I need you so much Ollie. Even if I hadn't become like this, and you hadn't gotten hurt. You're everything to me."

He rubbed his fingers gently over the arm that encircled him, tracing little circles. Please, please stay. More tears slipped past his lashes. He had thought information would help them, understanding would make the fear go away. But it seemed that it wasn't so easy to obtain. The folder from the hospital had been false. Nothing but lies. They weren't even comforting ones.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

God dammit, he'd made Yujin cry. He felt like the young man was crying a lot lately. Just when he thought things were getting better, they went and got worse. He took another shaky breath before looking up, "I... I need you too." He admitted, unsure of his own words right then. He did need him, like a raft. This work, if he could even call it that. No, this family they'd created over the last near decade was what kept him afloat after all of his trauma. He signed on as a bodyguard. He knew that would eventually mean real danger, not just telling bullies to piss off. He'd faced danger, got out alive somehow and dammit, he wasn't going to let it break him down now. Not after everything he'd survived in the past. He couldn't let his own insecurities poison Yujin too.

The moonlight from the window illuminated the pair, Oliver, bare from the waste up save for his clunky cast, his eyes near glowing silver in the moonlight, and the skin that was still in contact with the younger man a slightly paler colour due to his power. "I don't mean to push you away, I don't want to push you away... I, I just... sneaking up on me in the dark, when I'm asleep makes me think of the a-" He nearly choked on his tongue, the mind control the women put on him putting a solid halt to his words. "Dammit!" He swore, looking away. He felt a quiver form in his throat, a threaten of panic. But he'd force himself to calm down, to swallow it.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yujin flinched a little when Ollie swore. Oliver generally didn't use that kind of language in front of him. So it was serious. What ever had happened. Yujin didn't know, hadn't gotten the story out of anyone. But it sounded like a bad topic to talk about. Like prom..he shouldn't push the issue. So instead he kept rubbing circles over Ollie's cold skin.

"Okay. I won't sneak up on you anymore. I'll just flip the lights on and off like crazy until you let me crawl into bed with you."

His words came out with a nervous laugh. He hoped Ollie wouldn't push him away. Yes, he was older now, should be able to sleep on his own. But he didn't want to. Wanted the calming heartbeat of his bodyguard to loll him to sleep.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He felt himself calming as exhaustion weighed down on him. He forced his mind to focus on the fact that he was not in danger! Slowly but surely the skin touching Yujin warmed, and his eyes reverted back to normal. The extended power use, despite being accidental had drained him.

"God, that might even be worse..." he mumbled with a slight chuckle. The flickering lights would do wonders for his anxiety...

Oliver tugged on Yujin's waist, slowly moving back into a horizontal position, his breathing slowed as sleep threatened him once more.

"Th'n just come to bed with me before I fall asleep..." he mumbled his eyes already closed as he held onto the younger man, unaware of how the words may sound.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Arms pulled him gently back to a laying position and he was all to happy to snuggle back up with Ollie.

"Okay. I'm going to hold you to that when you try to tell me no."

How many times would he be able to guilt Ollie into letting him sleep in the same bed? If he was lucky maybe he could get a couple nights. If the drugs kept working as they had he might even get more. Of course as long as he didn't scare Ollie in the mean time.

"Hey Ollie. I'm going to tell you this while you're falling asleep so you can't get mad at me. But I think I got scammed out of eight thousand dollars."

There it was done and said, and hopefully they wouldn't ever have to talk about it again.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

His mind was already drifting when Yujin spoke. His elevated heat was a welcome sensation next to the sore bodyguard, like a heat pack on all of his bruises.. but cuddlier.

"Mm, eight thou.. that's a lodda money.." he mumbled, his voice thick with sleep. Then he was gone, his head tilted to the side, nuzzled into Yujin's hair as he slept on his back. Finally feeling at home for the first time in a long time.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yujin gave a little laugh and pulled the blankets up before closing his own eyes. The steady beating of Ollie's heart was the best lullaby.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Time skip! Morning

He woke up comfortable. Except for his arm. His arm was numb. Well, both arms were mostly numb, save for the constant itch he couldn't scratch beneath the plaster of the fucking cast. Dammit. To bad he couldn't summon the itch away.

His other arm had a young man laying on it. Oliver tried his best to sit up without rousing him but it was a hard thing to do with one arm under him and the other clunky and casted. Plus, he was beyond hungry. His muscles felt less achy though. Good little heater on legs.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yujin grumbled as Ollie moved. He pressed closer nuzzling his head into the other's neck.

"Five more minutes. "

One of his hands moved grasping for Ollie's shirt.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Having Yujin nuzzling into his neck and clinging to his clothes while trying to reenact an octopus tangling up some prey wasn't something new to the pair, but having been busy with the move, cooped up in a hospital, and now recovering... Oliver hadn't taken care of things in quite some time. The friction the young man caused with his movements was enough to make the blood in his body focus somewhere other than his face. This morning difficulty caused Oliver to remove the clinging young man a bit faster, and harsher than he normally would have, his ears red as he pried the young mans fingers from his shirt before slipping out of bed. Making sure to face away until he was sure nothing was appearing out of the ordinary.

He thought nothing of it, sexual frustration was sexual frustration. He'd probably have that reaction without someone in his bed too. So he shoved it away from his mind. Feeling back to normal he finally turned back to the lazy otter. remembering faint words that had reached him before falling asleep the night before. "I'm not sure if I was dreaming or not... but did you say you got scammed last night?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ollie's forcible movement did manage to bring Yujin back into the land of awakeness, if only barely. He still gravitated back towards his bodyguard curling up just a few inches away from where Oliver sat on the bed.

"Yeah, I got scammed out of eight thousand dollars."

He half mumbled. The sun was warming his back and he stretched out his arms feeling the satisfying tug of muscles relaxing.
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oliver had expected a couple hundred... but for... was he... what kind of fucking idiot... His head went into his hands. "How the hell did that happen?" He took a glance behind him to see the young man laying in the warm rays of sunlight like a fat happy cat. A cat that had just lost more than some people make in half a year. How had this kid been raised so...

Turning around completely to sit cross legged on the bed, he flicked the young man on the ear. "Come on sleepy, cough it up, what happened?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He grumbled as Ollie flicked his ear.

"well I was trying to get a hold of a were I met during the week where I was alone. So I hired a private investigator to get the information. I guess he was a fake because all the information he gave me is fake. The person who dropped off the folder in the hospital works for him."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He listened, his face blank as he calmed his irritation. The poor naive kid, so easy to take advantage of. Of course this happened while he was settling things back west. He truly couldn't leave the young man alone. Finally he closed his eyes for a moment and sighed. "I'll look into it. Both the investigator and this shifter you were looking for- just promise me you wont go doing anything rash like that again?" Oliver pinched the bridge of his nose with his uncasted hand.

"And dear god, don't let your father know."
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He didn't need to be told twice not to let his father know. He hadn't really wanted to tell Ollie in the first place, but the man was far to good at finding things out that there hadn't been much of a point for keeping quiet. Clearly trying to keep the otter thing a secret hadn't worked and that had been far more troublesome then a little bit of cash being lost.

"I'm not going to tell dad. The shifter's name is Fletch, he terrorized me in Union square the first time I meet him. Though I was stealing from him or something. I don't know what kind of shifter he is. I think he's homeless, he smelt horrible so I let him take a shower back at the house in Lavender Heights. As for the investigator, the name he gave me was Mr Isle's and we communicated through email. I still have the address if you want it...though I don't really want to log back into my school email to get it..And then there is his assistant Sam. Who you met in the hospital. They are also a shiftier, a predator of some kind more aligned with a dog if what I was smelling was right. "
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oliver sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as he tried to quell his general frustration. Fletch was a shifter, Sam was a shifter. Was everyone a fucking shifter? Apparently birds of a feather...

He'd need help, he had a PI friend in town, he'd send him a text and perhaps hire him. "In the future, if you need a PI, ask me. I've got contacts." He was in no shape to go hunting down info from shifters, but Isaac had done some jobs with supernaturals before. He wasn't terribly worried about the man. "Are you sure Fletch and Sam were their real names?"
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ollie's side brought Yujin enough energy to stop looking like a fat cat lazying in the sun. He sat up, his hair a fluffed mess from sleeping. He blinked a couple times to bring his mind fully into awake mood before he leaned foreward and poked a finger at Oliver's nose.

"You're going to get wrinkles if you keep worrying you know."

They would be cute wrinkles undoubtly but then Ollie might get mistaken for an older man. Like Fletch. That shifter was old and haggared for sure. Or the bad smelling old man at the grocery store. Yujin didn't want his body guard to turn into one of them.

"I dont know if that's their real names. I don't think many shifters are very trusting."

He would attempt to poke his finger at Ollie's forehead, to smooth the skin,
Wehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh